The Rangers Have Never Been Known For Good Football...

Bonkgers

But c'mon fur fux sake, we need to draw the line somewhere, Are fans meant to turn up each week and part with their hard earned cash and watch that dross? Our football is a disgrace and has been for years now and does not look like improving no matter how much we spend on a star striker.

Supposedly our football was meant to turn sexy once Boyd was gone?

But c'mon fur fux sake, we need to draw the line somewhere, Are fans meant to turn up each week and part with their hard earned cash and watch that dross? Our football is a disgrace and has been for years......

:sherlock:

"The Rangers Have Never Been Known For Good Football.."

This is one of the daftest statements i've ever read on here.

Why is that? Are you saying Rangers are renown around the world for great football? Honestly never heard it myself!

Why is that? Are you saying Rangers are renown around the world for great football? Honestly never heard it myself!

I take it back, I wish we played Barcelona-esque football like the Gallowgate Galacticos :rolleyes:

Yes in the past few seasons we haven't played the most exciting Football but to claim we have never been known for good Football shows how little you know of our clubs history.

Did you go to a school that began with the name of a Saint?

Certainly not!

Seems i have got it wrong and we are renown for our super sexy football if i listen to you guys, today just a blip? Normal sexiness resumes on Tuesday does it?

Did you have your eyes closed during the Advocaat years?

Yeah it was one period that we did play good football on a whole though we are still not known for fantastic football but dont you think we should be trying to play football like the Advocaat team?? Rather than getting outplayed by Hamilton fucking Accies?

We played like fucking Scotland today!

Give the guy a break for fuck sake. We are known more for our defensive qualities than beautiful attacking football.

Iron Curtain ring a bell anyone?

Back to the point anyway. Our standard of football is shocking. Teams like Hamilton, Hibs and St Johnstone pass the ball around comforably so why can't we?

We are obviously better than those teams so we can't we play better football and paly it on the ground?

I think it's a fair comment, from recent history.

During the 9-in-a-row years we played some great football because we had some great players.

Those days have gone and are now a romantic past that we long for.

The past 10 yrs, we have played to out strength, which has been a solid defensive unit with the ability to counter attack.

In all fairness, i'm 26 and the only seasons i've ever known us to play good football were the first 2 under Advocaat and the first half of McLeish's first full season (02/03)

Laudrup and Gazza tend to make people believe we played breathtaking football in Walter's first spell when we really didn't

The OP made the mistake of saying we have NEVER been known for good football.

There has been plenty of periods in our history when the football has been a joy to watch, mostly in days when either money wasn't as much of a factor in the sport or when it was we had plenty of it...

With the financial problems we have had recently you should be thankful we are even winning games, it's just a fact that we have to accept and accept that it's going to be the case for as long as the current financial state of football remains.

It's hard to play good football when most teams we play pack midfield and kick the shit out of our players. That tackle on Jelavic today was fucking criminal and I cannot recall the last time one of our players injured an opponent. Thomson was rash at times but not dirty.

We don't get much protection from the refs so the hatchet merchants of Hamilton, Aberdeen etc have a field day causing us to lump the ball long to our strikers bypassing midfield.

Jelavic today showed that he can hold up the ball if it is played into feet and Miller is also good at spinning off defenders but we are struggling to get the ball to their feet. We miss Barry who could slow down the game and find feet and we can no longer afford an Arteta to ping passes about.

Can't see our style changing much this season but as long as long as we keep winning... who gives a fuck.

Walter has signed Beattie and Jelavic with the SPL in mind. Big guys who are strong in the air and suited to the long ball game so it looks like business as usual. Let's not forget that we took 7 off Utd last season and never struggled against the beggars. Keep the faith doom merchants, we will drop a few points away this season but let's see how the F*nian foreign legion does through the winter when Samararse and co come out with the wooly gloves.

But c'mon fur fux sake, we need to draw the line somewhere, Are fans meant to turn up each week and part with their hard earned cash and watch that dross? Our football is a disgrace and has been for years now and does not look like improving no matter how much we spend on a star striker.

Supposedly our football was meant to turn sexy once Boyd was gone?

Dont like it - dont come - leave the supporting to those who will follow through good and bad.