Sam Allardyce

Jamie1807

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce believes he is good enough to manage any of Europe's top clubs.

Allardyce, once a candidate for the England manager's job, arrived at Ewood Park in 2008 having survived at Newcastle for less than half a season.

Ahead of his team's clash with Fulham, the 55-year-old said: "I would be more suited to Inter Milan or Real Madrid.

"It wouldn't be a problem for me to manage those clubs because I would win the double or the league every time."

Although happy in his current role, Allardyce added: "Give me Manchester United or Chelsea and I would do the same, it wouldn't be a problem.

"It's not a problem to take me into the higher reaches of the Champions League or Premier League and would make my job a lot easier in winning it."

Allardyce has enjoyed a colourful managerial career, starting at West Bromwich as an assistant coach in 1989, before moving on to Limerick, Blackpool and Notts County.

He spent eight years at the helm of Bolton Wanderers before resigning surprisingly in April 2007 after guiding the Trotters to fifth spot in the Premiership and the brink of Uefa Cup qualification.

Allardyce took over at Newcastle a month later on a three-year contract but was in charge for only 24 matches before leaving the club "by mutual agreement".

He had to wait 11 months before resuming his career with Blackburn, who face Mark Hughes's Fulham this weekend with the London club just one one of five teams still unbeaten in the Premier League.

And with Hughes arriving at Craven Cottage for the start of the season having been sacked by Manchester City after an 18-month stint, Allardyce feels the former Welsh manager, as well as himself, has not been given time to perform with certain clubs.

"His Manchester City reign obviously was not long enough. A little bit like me at Newcastle, but I didn't last quite as long as Sparky though," Allardyce added.

"He was given the chance and unfortunately at that stage of his career they decided to have a change. You look back on it and he'll be very disappointed because they only lost two games.

"There's a perception that other people can do better than you, but often the reality is not the case. He decided that Fulham was the place for him, he's taken over what he's described in his own words as a very good team and he's started where they left off last season."

Hughes, meanwhile, believes Allardyce would be a strong candidate to be the next England boss, with Fabio Capello set to step down in two years.

Allardyce was pipped to the England post after the 2006 World Cup by Steve McLaren but Hughes said: "Sam's record in the Premier League stands comparison with any British, English or foreign manager at the level of the clubs he's been at.

"He's a successful Premier League manager and the view at this time is that England need an English manager. I also hold that view because it's important that a country is led by someone of the same nationality.

"Sam has made his mark in the Premier League, which is the strongest league in world football. If you can get positive results in this league you're a good manager.

"Whether the way Sam sets up his team lends itself to international management is a debate for another day. But certainly his record in terms of games won makes him a strong candidate."

:craphead:

He just really annoys the fuck out of me. I never used to mind Blackburn but since that Big Baloon took over i cant actually stand them anymore. Signs the same players where ever he goes plays shite football moany old fucker as well.

When he came out with that shite about national insurance and PAYE taxin the summer i just laughed get a grip you old twat.

I just cant stand him :wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker:

His tactics yesterday sum him right up. Imagine him in the dressing room before the game...

'Right Dioufy, any time we get a free kick, just run straight into Schwarzer and knock him over. The ref won't give it every time.'

I'd love to see Ozil and Ronaldo's reactions if their manager said any of that shit.

A completely insufferable cunt of a man. I hate him.

If he was that good a manager then blackburn would be pushing for europe. David moyes can do it with a shoe string budget in premiership terms ,yet big sam can't

Baines 6m

Heitinga 6m

Jagielka 4m

Distin 5m

Bilyaletdinov 9m

Yakubu 11m

Fellaini 15m

Allardyce hasnt been able to spend that kind of money

Hes taken a team which was in disarray and made them near unbeatable at home and took them back up to tenth in the league when they looked liked relegation candidates

I think hes a good manager for the premiership and brings a good stability to his clubs

Baines 6m

Heitinga 6m

Jagielka 4m

Distin 5m

Bilyaletdinov 9m

Yakubu 11m

Fellaini 15m

Allardyce hasnt been able to spend that kind of money

Hes taken a team which was in disarray and made them near unbeatable at home and took them back up to tenth in the league when they looked liked relegation candidates

I think hes a good manager for the premiership and brings a good stability to his clubs

lol, saying he is as good as Wenger.. laughable

Sam has become a total twat of a man. Not just this stupid claim about his abilities and his pathetic whining about Wenger but his amazing pre-season claim that foreign players are paying too much tax! He wants the government to reduce the rate for these top earners so the top league in the world (his claim) can attract more of the top players. Thick cunt can't even see the contradiction there.

I hope Blackburn get relegated.