David Edgar: I was threatened by Gers fans

Ibroxblue

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see what good running to the papers does here. It doesn't benefit Rangers in the slightest. All it does is draw attention to David Edgar.

He shouldn't be subjected to that treatment, if it's true, but that doesn't condone running to the papers and crying wolf IMO.

To be fair to Edgar, the NOTW would have paid him money to use bits from his book and they would have got a promotional copy and taken the bit about the death threats themselfs to kick start their book promotion rather than him grassing up Rangers fans for money.

I don't know if I like Edgar or not, but if what he's saying is true about the death threads & meat/maggots then it's disgusting.

Btw the way i see it is hes ran to our enemy and without him naming names id say its directed at the VB altho i may be way out

extremely way out

the members of VB actually share DE hatred of murray and the way the board runs our club and treats fans therefore they would have no reason to have a go at him on that issue.Its the murrayites and handwringers doing that-cast your mind back to the "organised"attack on murray protestors-theirin lies the culprits-not VB

First rule for anyone wanting to be a Rangers fans' representative....don't align yourself to one particular messageboard. Probably impossible in this day and age. But the split amongst the different m-boards is worrying and only cause spite and hatred amongst us.

You are so wrong mate. David Edgar was friendly with most VB admin at this supposed time of attacks etc. DE is talking bollox as well and I can hand on heart say, he never mentioned this to any of us when this was supposedly going on. The only threats he told me about, were from MD and from David Murray.

SDM told Edgar he would never work in Scotland again, if he ever criticised him in public again. In fact, SDM went as far as contacting Edgar's boss about sacking him. I see this never made David's work of fiction. I see also, the threats from a certain person to expose him in the media, also never made it to the book.

This from the people on the RST thread, who said we were all washing our dirty linen in public and giving the Bheasts an excuse to attack us. When will people wake and realise, this mob want your money and want it, in any way shape or form.

David Edgar has went even further down with my respect than I ever thought possible for someone who is without doubt a Rangers man, through and through. However his role has went to his head and he now thinks about what he can make from the Rangers support.

Complete bollox David, and you know it.

FFS calm it down to a riot here.

I was only sating. Jeez