Walter got it spot on

Ted E Bayer

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/192804-weiss-champions-league-sold-me-on-rangers-switch/

Rangers new loan signing Vladimir Weiss says the chance to play in Europe’s premier competition was too good a chance to pass up.

The main reason he chose us and he's yet to have a sniff, even at home against the "easier" of our 3 opponents. I feel a bit for the lad and hope he doesn't get too disheartened.. That is all.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he's even looked that bad as far as tracking back is concerned, so i don't see why him being such an attacking player should be worry. I'd have had him in instead of Broadfoot and put Whittaker to right back.

Agreed but not in place of Broaders, otherwise we wouldn't have got the goal. :lol:

I don't think he's even looked that bad as far as tracking back is concerned, so i don't see why him being such an attacking player should be worry. I'd have had him in instead of Broadfoot and put Whittaker to right back.

(tu). if weiss played it would take the pressure off our defence.

That's what I was saying to my mates tonight.

The boy came here to play in big games and he's not had a sniff, yet.

I totally agree with the topic header that Walter got it right, but the way I see it, play our cards right with the boy and he MAY be tempted to stay another season.

It would be good to see him play in these games, but Walter obviously has a gameplan.

Did anyone really expect Weiss to play at any stage tonight? I mean.....seriously!?

I honestly didn't know what to expect, the score, our line-up, how Bursaspor would play etc.

I just didn't know enough about them, but new that they were good enough to beat the Fenerbahce's and Besiktas's.

I hope the boy get's a look in for a Champions League game.

I think we have a good chance of winning in Turkey aswell.

If Weiss had come on we'd almost certainly have gotten forward in a second half period where Bursaspor with fresh blood on had us on the rack, we struggled to retain any sort of possesion for ages.

I'm well aware what the final result was but i was shouting for a change for an awful lot of the second half, so it would be hypocritical for me to not be standing by those views just because we held on.

I honestly didn't know what to expect, the score, our line-up, how Bursaspor would play etc.

I just didn't know enough about them, but new that they were good enough to beat the Fenerbache's and Besiktas's.

I hope the boy get's a look in for a Champions League game.

I think we have a good chance of winning in Turkey aswell.

That's a fair comment aswell.

I hoped he was going to come at some point tonight, but fair do's to Walter he has a game plan and it's done us alright tonight.

Don't expect to see him feature in either games against Valencia, in Turkey or against Man U at Ibrox! But after tonights formation, I don't think anyone can second guess Walter Smith!