now the club are being called h**s by a guardian reporter in his blog

soulboy

I can't imagine that The Guardian would allow the casual use of derogatory language against any other demographic (Black, Pakistani, etc); we got into this state by not standing up to these rags and we'll never get a fair deal until the club takes action.

Wow. That's the same as calling them taigs, tims or F*nians.

Why would an Irishman call Celtic taigs, tims or F*nians?

This "tweet" shows how little he actually knows:

'@Follow_Follow_ I have no problem with being called a F*nian or Taig, and unlike most of those you mention, I'm actually a F*nian/Taig.

He's apologised anyway.

Why would an Irishman call Celtic taigs, tims or F*nians?

This "tweet" shows how little he actually knows:

'@Follow_Follow_ I have no problem with being called a F*nian or Taig, and unlike most of those you mention, I'm actually a F*nian/Taig.

He's apologised anyway.

He personally wouldn't, but would TG allow the publication of such a word, in a malicious or otherwise manner, when referring to the tims and their fans?

Double fucking standards.

He personally wouldn't, but would TG allow the publication of such a word, in a malicious or otherwise manner, when referring to the tims and their fans?

Double fucking standards.

I doubt it but would they allow "H**" to be printed?

It was said on his twitter, not in the Guardian.

I doubt it but would they allow "H**" to be printed?

It was said on his twitter, not in the Guardian.

The Scotsman did.

Used to consider that the best Scottish paper about, but no longer.

Not saying that TS allowing it makes TG allow it in print, but it does show a lack of intelligence about using derogatory language when it's aimed at us.

I've gone and started a huge debate about this on Facebook now :lol:

Dunfermline fan: 'i dont see you as H*** or F*nians. just bigot brothers.'

Me: 'But its not just us. Ive heard plenty of Pars fans shouting sectarian abuse, but nothing ever gets said about it. As soon as Rangers sing any song, no matter what song it is, its sectarian.'

Dunfermline fan: 'we dont do it half as much as celtic and rangers. you're as bad as each other. when you play anyone else, they have to sit and listen to you drone about king billy/IRA when its completely irrelevant. so they'll just sing sectarian stuff back in the hope that you'll both shut up.'

Me: 'That doesn't just disregard yous though. We only sing the likes of the Billy Boys maybe once or twice in a match, and most of the time its just to wind them up. And its only usually a small minority of fans that even sing the 'sectarian/bigot' words in the first place.'

Hearts fan: 'Rangers fans sang Derry's Walls, No Pope of Rome, and other sectarian crap on saturday. The SFA say they have zero tolerance for it but take no action week after week. They also threw coins at skacel when he scored and chanted about him being a refugee (racism). Rangers fans jumped onto the pitch at the end of the game. The SFA do nothing. But one coin came out the Hearts end and hit the linesman on the arm, and now there's an official investigation into it. Scottish football is corrupt. My rant over.'

Neutral: 'It's the fans that make it corrupt.'

Dunfermline fan: 'yeah but you brought in sectarian chants into football when you chanted about potato famines and the like. i'm sure if you's went down south to play your football sectarinsim would be non-existant in scottish football.'

Rangers fan: 'its so one sided its unbelievable. rangers have had many campaigns and stuff to try and stop sectarianism and bigotry. something that celtic, the sfa and other clubs havent done enough of. compared to a few decades back, sectarianism has been successfully reduced and most of that has been down to what rangers have done about it, so atleast were trying to deal with the problem. but theres always going to be some absolute wanks who dont do us justice.'

Me: 'If Derry's Walls is sectarian then so is Flower of Scotland. Even then we only really sing the chorus and the No Surrender part is more about not surrendering to the opposition and to not give up. I admit that there's always gonna be some idiots that do stuff like that and ruin it for the majority and it shouldn't be ignored, but fans of every club do it, not just us. SFA are wanks IMO. They need to sort out the real problems and take out the idiots instead of wasting their time on dealing with lesser issues. But it doesn't take away the stupidness of some of our supporters, they need a good kick up the arse.'

Hearts fan: 'and embarrassed the whole of Scotland with the riots in manchester. This happens with no other British team including Celtic. Hearts Hibs Dundee Utd Motherwell and any other teams do Scotland proud (off the field at least!) and if you think it's a minority of Gers fans that do it then you're delusional!'

Me: 'Manchester is whole other subject which could be seen in many ways, and like you I see it as an embarrassment too. But even then it was still a minority of Rangers fans that started it, and thats when ALL Rangers fans were beaten by Police and riots occurred, due to some complete idiots. Nothing happened when we went back to Manchester so obviously something has changed.'

What does everybody think of what these guys are saying? Agree / Disagree?

I've gone and started a huge debate about this on Facebook now :lol:

Dunfermline fan: 'i dont see you as H*** or F*nians. just bigot brothers.'

Me: 'But its not just us. Ive heard plenty of Pars fans shouting sectarian abuse, but nothing ever gets said about it. As soon as Rangers sing any song, no matter what song it is, its sectarian.'

Dunfermline fan: 'we dont do it half as much as celtic and rangers. you're as bad as each other. when you play anyone else, they have to sit and listen to you drone about king billy/IRA when its completely irrelevant. so they'll just sing sectarian stuff back in the hope that you'll both shut up.'

Me: 'That doesn't just disregard yous though. We only sing the likes of the Billy Boys maybe once or twice in a match, and most of the time its just to wind them up. And its only usually a small minority of fans that even sing the 'sectarian/bigot' words in the first place.'

Hearts fan: 'Rangers fans sang Derry's Walls, No Pope of Rome, and other sectarian crap on saturday. The SFA say they have zero tolerance for it but take no action week after week. They also threw coins at skacel when he scored and chanted about him being a refugee (racism). Rangers fans jumped onto the pitch at the end of the game. The SFA do nothing. But one coin came out the Hearts end and hit the linesman on the arm, and now there's an official investigation into it. Scottish football is corrupt. My rant over.'

Neutral: 'It's the fans that make it corrupt.'

Dunfermline fan: 'yeah but you brought in sectarian chants into football when you chanted about potato famines and the like. i'm sure if you's went down south to play your football sectarinsim would be non-existant in scottish football.'

Rangers fan: 'its so one sided its unbelievable. rangers have had many campaigns and stuff to try and stop sectarianism and bigotry. something that celtic, the sfa and other clubs havent done enough of. compared to a few decades back, sectarianism has been successfully reduced and most of that has been down to what rangers have done about it, so atleast were trying to deal with the problem. but theres always going to be some absolute wanks who dont do us justice.'

Me: 'If Derry's Walls is sectarian then so is Flower of Scotland. Even then we only really sing the chorus and the No Surrender part is more about not surrendering to the opposition and to not give up. I admit that there's always gonna be some idiots that do stuff like that and ruin it for the majority and it shouldn't be ignored, but fans of every club do it, not just us. SFA are wanks IMO. They need to sort out the real problems and take out the idiots instead of wasting their time on dealing with lesser issues. But it doesn't take away the stupidness of some of our supporters, they need a good kick up the arse.'

Hearts fan: 'and embarrassed the whole of Scotland with the riots in manchester. This happens with no other British team including Celtic. Hearts Hibs Dundee Utd Motherwell and any other teams do Scotland proud (off the field at least!) and if you think it's a minority of Gers fans that do it then you're delusional!'

Me: 'Manchester is whole other subject which could be seen in many ways, and like you I see it as an embarrassment too. But even then it was still a minority of Rangers fans that started it, and thats when ALL Rangers fans were beaten by Police and riots occurred, due to some complete idiots. Nothing happened when we went back to Manchester so obviously something has changed.'

What does everybody think of what these guys are saying? Agree / Disagree?

I think you should refuse to engage in the debate with them guys. We don't need to explain/justify our songs to anyone.

The Scotsman did.

Used to consider that the best Scottish paper about, but no longer.

Not saying that TS allowing it makes TG allow it in print, but it does show a lack of intelligence about using derogatory language when it's aimed at us.

I know, I wasn't talking about the Scotsman.

I was talking about this specific incident.

I know it shows a lack of intelligence but Glendenning has apologised.

Surely that should be the end of it?

For him, maybe it should.

It's a word which I despise the media's use of when it's directed at us, and sadly, it seems to be on the increase.

Before long, you'll probably have Hacket Bird calling us that on Reporting Scotland.

I believe The Guardian is the only paper in the world that doesn't censor any word. Fuck, cunt, n***er etc. all get printed.

I dont remember ever reading the words fenian, T*rrier or taig in the paper. On todays newsnow reel, a heading from the Guardian newspaper - "Naismith PROVOKES Hearts after winner" , now WERE getting the blame for Hearts fans trying to hit Naismith with coins and lighters, but there is no agenda, lets kindly sweep this under the carpet.

I think we should bring back singing "Go home ya h#ns" to the taigs, it would be a good replacement for 'the famine song' and according to them it's non sectarian so there should be no complaints. Don't know why we let them hijack it in the first place ?

again this word is being used to cause offence to the Rangers support. i would never call myself one, neither would anyone on RM i can probably assume. Now many of THEM as we know do refer to themselves as fenians, which tells me it is not offensive, which is why i wish for TTB to be sung. there is nothing offensive in that song. So the mhedia wont use the word fenian (not offensive to anyone that could be called one) but they will use word the h**, knowing full well it causes offence.

Accept? or Complain? Complain. It is unacceptable.