now the club are being called h**s by a guardian reporter in his blog

soulboy

Another guardian reporter has used the h*n word in his blog when saying people should bet on us getting beat by Bursaspor. The link is to the leggoland blog but it is not him who wrote it just highlighting the fact another wa*k seems it's ok to use this word.

http://davidleggat-leggoland.blogspot.com/

in all honestly, i dont mind people using the word H**\H***, but when someone directly aims it towards me i don't like it, but im getting annoyed with reporters using it and nothing happening about it when we always seem to get picked at for saying F*nian or whatever <cr>

well if am a H** then he's a feinhun

He says on his twitter "I'm happy to call myself a F*nian". Well the two do not equate. Plenty of people self-identify as 'F*nians'. Few self identify as a H**. The latter is ALWAYS meant offensively.

I don't think the point is 'does this word offend you personally' - the point is if it happed the other way, i.e he refered to Celtic as F*nians, then there would be an uproar and he'd be close to the sack.

One rule for some..

To be called a H** is less than complementary when it comes to history

http://davidleggat-leggoland.blogspot.com/

I have been a regular reader of David Leggat and feel this gentleman could have been brought on board in a PR job at Ibrox instead of spending money to increase Bain`s already inflated wages

Tbf Glenndenning always tries to wind up everyone, he's an Irish "Sunderland" fan cause they had a few Irish players a few years ago. Hates the big teams in England and constantly takes the piss out of everyone including himself and the Irish, was very scathing of Keane going to Celtic and the reaction to it.

While not defending him calling us H***, some people do tend to get far too worked up about something a known wind up merchant has said on the internet.

Yeah Glendenning is just ignorant of the meaning and think it's a name for all Rangers fans.

Anything he says shouldn't be taken seriously.

I'll take it lighthearted the day Celtic and their ilk are openly called F*nians, tims, taigs or papes in the media.

If anything we should be known as being anti-H**, considering our support of the British troops.

"The usage of the term "H**" to describe a German resurfaced during World War II. For example Winston Churchill referred in 1941 to the invasion of the Soviet Union as "the dull, drilled, docile brutish masses of the H** soldiery, plodding on like a swarm of crawling locusts."[39]. Nevertheless, its use was less widespread than in the previous war. British and American WWII troops more often used the term "Jerry" or "Kraut" for their German opponents."

Anyone who takes no offence at being called a H** should take a good look at themselfs and cannot IMO claim to be a proud Brit. H** was the word to describe one of our most evil enemies.

If anyone can tell me any similiarities between Nazi Germany and the Rangers support I shall hold my hands up and take back all I have said. But until then I refuse to be labbeled in the same way as the most evil enemy of our great country.

If anything we should be known as being anti-H**, considering our support of the British troops.

"The usage of the term "H**" to describe a German resurfaced during World War II. For example Winston Churchill referred in 1941 to the invasion of the Soviet Union as "the dull, drilled, docile brutish masses of the H** soldiery, plodding on like a swarm of crawling locusts."[39]. Nevertheless, its use was less widespread than in the previous war. British and American WWII troops more often used the term "Jerry" or "Kraut" for their German opponents."

Anyone who takes no offence at being called a H** should take a good look at themselfs and cannot IMO claim to be a proud Brit. H** was the word to describe one of our most evil enemies.

If anyone can tell me any similiarities between Nazi Germany and the Rangers support I shall hold my hands up and take back all I have said. But until then I refuse to be labbeled in the same way as the most evil enemy of our great country.

Excellent post.

Who are you to tell anyone to take a look at themselfs? some people aren't easily offended. Deal with it.