Top Players You Don't Rate

andymc10

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerrard is over rated IMO

I don't actually think Gerrard is overrated, but I see where you're coming from.

His love for Liverpool has really held him back. If he'd moved on to the continent two or three years ago I think we'd be looking at the best English player of his generation.

Some of his individual performances over the years have been nothing short of world class and he's sadly getting dragged down by the shite around him.

Gerrard is over rated IMO

Far from over rated, IMO, he is been affected by the team he is in and injury. I can't argue against the fact that he hasn't been the same for about a season and a bit though.

The most complete midfielder in the world, obviously when on top of his game.

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Far from over rated, IMO, he is been affected by the team he is in and injury. I can't argue against the fact that he hasn't been the same for about a season and a bit though.

The most complete midfielder in the world, obviously when on top of his game.

When is he actually ever on top of his game though?

He's been poor for ages now.

Frank Lampard - can't play in a 4-4-2, can't tackle, never ever dominates a midfield (though technically it's not really his job)

Steven Gerrard - good player but extremely overrated by Liverpool fans

Dirk Kuyt - epitome of average

Eric Abidal - never ever been impressed by him

Dida - how he played for Milan for so long is beyond me

Massimo Ambrosini - as above

Andrey Arshavin - nobody had heard of him until he was 27, has done virtually nothing in the last 18 months

Robbie Keane - John Motson once called him "the best technical forward in the Premiership" absolute nonsense, average beyond belief

Robin Van Persie - When he's out injured, he's talked of as if he's on par with Messi and Ronaldo. A decent quality forward but not world class and extremely unreliable

Marouane Chamakh - he's looked utterly rancid in every game i've seen him play

Franck Ribery - i've never actually witnessed him have a good game, though granted i've only seen him play about 10 times (though surely if he was THAT good he would've impressed in some of them?)

Laliga is the best league with Bundesliga next then the EPL.

EPL may have the most money but its also got more debt than Laliga, Bundesliga and Serie A combined. Players only want to play in the EPL because they'll get far more in wages than anywhere else, Yaya Toure is the perfect example, 220k per week! An overrated league full of talentless players given way touch hype.

I think Gerrard is a good player, but he gets so much hype it's unreal.

If he played for anybody else I don't think he would half the player he is. His love for Liverpool pretty much makes him the player that he is.

And as for this dragged down by the shite around him, I don't buy it for a second.

Merieles, J Cole, Poulson, Torres & Kuyt are all good players, who have experience at the same level that Gerrard does and he's still playing absolutly terrible.

Gerrard needs a water carrier in midfield to allow him to play to his strengths (Alonso carried Gerrard for years and before that it was Hamman) because his positional awareness, tactical discipline and his tackling really isn't that good.

i dont want to sound mental but id love to see messi in the premier league. just to see him get kicked to fuck. closing down is not done in spain thats maybe why he looks so good. hasnt yet done much against english teams in CL, or against the rangers :21:

cant remember being overly excited by him at international level.

i dont want to sound mental but id love to see messi in the premier league. just to see him get kicked to fuck. closing down is not done in spain thats maybe why he looks so good. hasnt yet done much against english teams in CL, or against the rangers :21:

He scored four goals against Arsenal and scored the decisive second goal against Man Utd in the 2009 final <cr>

You ignoring his winner v man u in the CL final, and his 4 goals v Arsenal?

I don't actually think Gerrard is overrated, but I see where you're coming from.

His love for Liverpool has really held him back. If he'd moved on to the continent two or three years ago I think we'd be looking at the best English player of his generation.

Some of his individual performances over the years have been nothing short of world class and he's sadly getting dragged down by the shite around him.

I'd agree with that.

He should have left 3 or 4 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC77LGyiikM

Iniesta is a great player, but he hasn't found the form he showed a couple of years back, due to injury.

i dont want to sound mental but id love to see messi in the premier league. just to see him get kicked to fuck.

Aye, cause that's what we want to see in football.

Messi is quite strong despite his size and he just bounces off defenders anyway.

Actuall can't believe he's even getting brought up in this thread :disappointment:

No way he would ever get a hat trcik against Chelsea or Man Utd though.

Arsenal get whipped by the best teams in England too remember

Yeah, Man Utd are absolutely amazing, with their 8 points dropped in the league already.

Some really embarrassing posts in this thread.