Levein - I want him gone

Boab

our main problem is that our central defence (sorry weir) are far too slow hence why we have to sit so deep to start with. At rangers we have had this in europe but we have had boughie and cuellar, scotland have mcmanus and caldwell.

we have to find 3 or 4 decent paced centre halves that can actually defend and start off our possession before we will do anything half decent as a team.

I would not select weir for rangers or scotland, as decent as defender as he is, his lack of pace dictates how far back we sit plus i'm not a fan of his distribution skills.

Caldwell and mcmanus are just plain shocking, no pace, cant defend to save themselves, and canae pass the ball.

I think it about time to start new and build from there.

As others have said we have decent players in certain areas but if all their doing is covering up the weakness of the central defence, then how can they possible be effective at doing what they do best.

Look at Fletcher, at man utd He is the legs of the midfield but he starts higher up the field because he can rely on ferdinand and vidic. Now he has to try the same job and more covering up the central defence weakness, handicapped by having the extra responsibilty of also being the creative one aswell plus covering an extra 20-30 yards since we sit so deep.

There is a severe lack of options outside these 3 though.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Steve mc claren would be a great choice he can speak four languages english ,dutch german ,and gobbledy gook

He has the umberella for a wet glasgow night he,d be more entertaining than levein smile.gif

Wonder if the bookies are having odds if we,ll manage to get any shots on target . The past two games it must be about a total of three ?

I disagree. Croatia and Denmark have similar populations, yet both have managed to make an impact at tournaments in recent years. Slovenia, with a population of under a million, even made it!

Man for man, I really don't think that the Czechs are that much better than us. Cut out the individual talents of Cech, Rosicky and Plasil, and I'd say that there's not much difference at all. It's an issue of belief. We keep telling ourselves we're crap and useless, and then it's psychosomatic that we'll play crap and useless.

Fletcher's used to being praised at Old Trafford, same with Hutton at Spurs, same with our guys who are expected to win every game. The difference between their club and country form is evident, and the link's plain for all to see.

Lot of truth there. (tu)

Levein has an inferiority complex and it has rubbed off onto the team. :disappointment:

Souness would be my ideal replacement. (tu) At very least Greame would have the players believing in themselves again and raise the profile of the national team and Scottish football as a whole if he took charge.

Calls for a return of The Messiah

Hi Ho Silva, you got me lone Ranger.............

Souness Souness

Martymcfly raises a fantastic point, Leveins inferiority complex has rubbed off on the players. They better not come back to Rangers deflated or low on morale.

Still cant believe he admitted he went to Prague and "didnt go there to create chances" flippin hell!!!

Hes clueless.

under Walter Smith and wee Eek we played brilliant, beating france 1-0 and 0-1...

(tu) but they two won't take the scotland job again i don't think. I mean who ever is next in,they will still be shite.

I don't know if walter would consider going back to scotland, after he left us.???????? do you think he would.?

I think we should try and bring in Martin O'Neill, or a even a foreign manager, but someone who is going to instil a bit of belief in the team, and have belief in them himself

I'd rather we hired Ron Atkinson, Steve McLaren, Neil Warnock or even David Brent than that twisted, speccy fud.

Lets put my hate for the wee runny shite to one side and look at the facts - McLeish was better anyway.

If we were allowed anyone, I'd probably of gone with Hiddink :drool:

Obviously way out of our league after his £8million contract was signed with Turkey.

We need someone with self-confidence who can see we are more than capable of winning games by attacking the opposition. Someone who will bring through youth and will be able to cope with the pressures of the media if we lose one game.

Whoever ticks all those boxes.