The problem with Vladimir Weiss

Bluepeter9

Last night was one of the best performaces our team has put on in Europe for such a long time - imagine being dissapointed at a draw with Valencia - well thats how it should be at home - but great teamwork and Walter is a tactical god!!

After Weiss's firts few games I could see the potenttial but worried about his defensive abilities or ability to work into our 'European' system. Over the last few games he has shown he could defend and got his CL debut last night. Not only did he do his job in the systems he held on to the ball and posed a threat. (and yes if we are picky he needs to learn to pass more and NOT dribble out of defence) but over all he played extremely well.

The trouble is he is only a loan player and now, after an accomplished performance, I doubt we will keep him more than the loan year. I dont think he will make the Man C 25 man pool but other teams will be looking at him after that performance, teams with deeper pockets than us.

Thats the problem when loan players play well - keeping them. (although we managed with Davis)

tbh i think we will get him for another year next season , i think he has been bowled over by ourselves (the fans) and just how big a club we are , as far as im aware Man City DONT want to sell him , therefore i think they will loan him again as he wont get past Milner or Silva etc and he'll love it so much here that he'll turn down all offers bar ours :D

When Walter speaks (shouts) players like Weiss listen and learn very quickly. (tu)

I'd love to see him stay for another loan stint if possible, because he provides us with a quick escape from defence into attack especially against these better sides who outplay us in the possession stakes.

I can see him extending the loan, man city aren't short on options.

I would say the problem is he's right footed and looks much more effective on the right. Defenders are learning that he cuts back on the left every time.

If given the chance Man City are happy to loan out Miami, and Miami picks up League Winners Medal and a League or Scotish Cup Winners Medal (or both wins Treble) in Europe after xmas . Why Would Miami not want to come back to us i think its a no brainer as far as know hes loving it at Rangers.

:crabflute:

He has great potential but I hope the older boys drum in to him that he will never find fans like us anywhere else. It depends what he wants from his footballing life, money or trophies. Right now I don't think he would get in to the starting XI of any of the top 10 teams in europe. Now if that is where he wants to be, which I think he could over time, there is nowhere better for him to hone his ability than with us. The spl isn't easy for skilled players, and even one more season would see him improve much further than playing in england in bottom half (which is where I think he could end up if he doesn't come back to us on loan). He can be adored here and learn his trade en route to becoming a top quality european player.

I hope he will get to see this and stay with us

It will all come down to his attitude to cash I think - performances like that, at that age make him valuable. Man C could get decent fee and we get nothing, except (!!) his time here.

Looks like a keeper, but do we have the clout to keep him.

If given the chance Man City are happy to loan out Miami, and Miami picks up League Winners Medal and a League or Scotish Cup Winners Medal (or both wins Treble) in Europe after xmas . Why Would Miami not want to come back to us i think its a no brainer as far as know hes loving it at Rangers.

:crabflute:

Miami, he he, just got that there. Aye, no bad

I never understood this seemingly apparent non defensive side he had to his game... on his first start at ibrox he was getting back and getting stuck in, he is a cracking player and what a breath of fresh air having someone who can run past players in the team can be

Great player, I like him and hope we can keep him but someone needs to translate this into bloody Slovakian for him :

"When in doubt, put it out."

Did my head in when he wouldn't just boot the ball to fuck!

Great player, I like him and hope we can keep him but someone needs to translate this into bloody Slovakian for him :

"When in doubt, put it out."

Did my head in when he wouldn't just boot the ball to fuck!

You know he can speak perfect English? :lol:

He seems a cheery wee chap

Weiss has been the most exciting player we have had in the last few seasons IMO, perhaps Mendes first few months with us were on a par. If I have one criticism of him though its that he tries to do too much by himself and his final ball at times is poor. I feel he will only get better though and hope he runs that mobs defence ragged on Sunday.

Now that Weiss has experienced Ibrox on European nights, he'd be crazy to go back to City to sit on the bench.

There has been a marked improvement in his defensive play. I saw one interview where he admitted that. Walter and co must have had a wee word about him tracking back.

Been great defensively the last few matches. Terrific player. I'd rate our chances of keeping him at 50-50 now. When he came, I'd of said 0.

Nights like last night make players love this club.