***The Official Football Manager 2011 Thread***

PaulRFC1

:anguish:

Just went into my second leg with Kiev, and after 13 minutes Jelavic has to off injured. So on comes Lafferty, who lasts a minute before having to come off injured. I brought Naismith on for him, who lasts up until half time, where he picks up an injury, and is replaced by Healy. Final score is 1-0 to us, Weir with his 7th of the season.

So after the match, I get the details of the injuries:

Jelavic will miss 3 to 4 weeks, Lafferty out for a month, and Naismith out for 4 months. Naismith has arguably been my best player this season, and misses the cup final.

Oh, and Jordan Spence and Steven Whittaker are suspended after being sent off in the defeat to Celtic. Going to be a makeshift team for St Johnstone.

Took over as West Ham boss just after the transfer window shut in late 2011, who were lying 18th after they finished 9th the season before and reached the FA cup final.

Have managed to take them to third spot and am currently a few days into the January transfer window, level on points with Chelsea and 5 points behind Man U, but with a game in hand.

Terrible team to go though, considering the team were 18th when I took over, the fans and club should be delighted with 3rd... but they still aren't happy.

Managed to sign Benzema, Mattias Suarez, Fleck, Buzaglo, Erik Torres, Sakho and Otamendi and still stay within my budget... So i was delighted with that... but the fans say they are unhappy with Benzema as they think he'll distrupt the squad harmony... Cunts.

All my reserves are on at least 30K a week each aswell and I can't give them away, never mind sell them.

HORRIBLE club to manage, but I narrowly missed out on the Arsenal job after a good season with Scotland, so a big move shouldn't be too far away, for now I'm just building up my reputation. :)

So many yellow cards! :anguish:

Got a double header with Palermo, with the cup final against Dundee Utd sandwiched in between. Squad is really thin at the minute, picking up yellows everywhere, as well as the injuries to my three main goalscorers. Jordan Spence and Edu now miss the final as well.

Played the last game against Hibs with bloody Borini up front on his own, going to have to do it again for the next 4 games...

After being on holiday for so long, I'm pretty certain I've lost all interest in my Gloucester City game.

I might have a look at some other possible teams to take charge of if I do start another game. Bit busy at the moment.

Started a game with Hartlepool in league one , the main reason being that if i score in the 80th minute for example i can in my head pretend im in the Sky Sports Studio winding up Jeff who then says lets go to kammie and see who has scored : then kammie comes on oooooohhh Jeff you wouldnt believe it the pool have just scored an absolute screamer :)

Sad i know

Sit 2nd in the league 2 points behind Ferguson Jnrs team Peterborough (who haven't lost a game :angry: but i do play them next on boxing day and plan to bury them

Why do Man City think i'm there fucking feeder team. Just offered to buy my Brazilian Wonderkid. I bought him for £17 million in January, 6 months later they offer £37.5 million for him. :anguish:

I have a few teams like that :dry: Always try and buy my players that I have bought a few months before for like double what I paid :lol:

Just finished my fifth season with Annan, just won the SPL, League Cup, Scottish Cup and just beat Fiorentina 4 - 2 in the Europa League Final at Ibrox, was 2 - 1 down, James Forrest scored in the 89th minute to equalise it for us, then Ness and Edward Wilson (on loan from Man Utd) scored in extra time to win it for us.

It's been months since I've played FM, with my last game being thoroughly enjoyable with the worst English side in the game, Weston-super-Mare AFC in the English Blue Square South. Now, I want to take on another challenge: I've chosen the least financially valued English side available for selection in the game. Whether they're lesser valued than any clubs in Northern Ireland and Wales, I don't know; but I definitely know they're lesser valued than any club available in Scotland.

With the club valued at a mere £25k, I'm eager to get started and begin my new adventure in the South West of England with the aim of bringing as much success as I can to the county of Gloucestershire.

Gloucester City Assosciation Football Club (The Tigers)

Gloucestercitybadge.jpg

Season 1

Nation: England

Division: Blue Square Conference North

BSqNorth_ConfLogo.gif

Year Founded: 1883

Chairman Status: Enjoying life at the club

Media prediction: 17th

Finances: Okay

Facilities: Whaddon Road* (Capacity: 7066 - 3912 seated)

Cheltenhamtown_Whaddon_Road.jpg

*Officially, the ground is recognised as The Abbey Business Stadium. This is a groundshare with "fierce" rivals Cheltenham Town F.C. and there is a planned expansion with the return set to be the 30th of June 2012.

Basic corporate facilities

Basic training facilities

Minimal youth facilities

Basic youth recruitment

Legends: Chris Thompson, Neil Mustoe

Icons: Adie Harris, Tommy Callinan, Karl Bayliss, Chris Burns, Brian Godfrey, Gary Kemp, Adie Mings, Leroy Rosenoir

Favoured Personnel: None

Fierce Rivals: Cheltenham

Other Rivals: Cirencester, Newport County, Forest Green, Bath, Cinderford, Bishop's Cleeve, Clevedon, Evesham, Yate, Mangotsfield

The Club's home colours are black and yellow vertically-striped tops, with black shorts and socks. The away kit consists of a sky-blue top with dark-blue shorts and socks.

teamphoto10-11.jpg

I've set my season expectations to achieving promtotion which I believe won't be too far off if I can capture some of my old signings that I became familiarised with at Montrose and Weston-super-Mare. I want to be out of this division within a maximum of 4 seasons and into the Football League within a maximum of 8!

Any cup success along the way will be an added bonus but I'm sure that will be very rare to come by. I aim to get as far as possible in all cup competitions every year, especially the FA Cup. A good cup-run with a lower-league club can rake in a great amount of cash. I've already requested a parent club and will be looking to arrange a few high-profile friendly matches before the season begins, another function greatly financially beneficial to a small football club.

With the bank balance of the club sitting at a startling £7,602 on my first day in the job, the 29th of June 2010, I expect it to drop rapidly over the next few seasons as previous experiences in lower-league management games have commonly suggested. My target is to improve the club value in the long-run with promotion, promotion, promotion - and maybe a cup-run, or two.

It begins...

--

I've wiped my last game because I'd left it far too long to enjoy it. So, I've started again, with Gloucester City AFC, with intent to lead the club to better times.

Picked my Gers game back up and got past Porto in the last 16, 2-0 win at Ibrox and was 3-0 down away and nicked a goal from a free kick to go through on away goals.

Got Monaco in the last 8 and have a chance of getting through that but cant see myself getting past any of the bigger teams unless I get a bit of luck.

Think I might leave Rangers at the end of the season :(

I've started my first ever career on FM 11. I'm the coach of Hibs :lol:

I wanted to start with a decent but not good team, so that it looks more real than starting at Rangers.

I'm at the begining of August and I've signed Sylvinho on a bosman. But my finances are shite :disappointment:

Will I get more cash in January or do I need to wait till then end of the season ?

I've never played FM before :blush:

I'm needing some inspiration to play FM again? Any suggestions on how to reignite my love for the game?

Begin a lower league management game. You'll love it once you get the hang of it. I swear, it'll get you hooked.

If you've never played one before then maybe start in League 1 or 2 to get the feel of things at a lower level of finances, player and club. However, the enjoyment is at a far higher level.

I've started my first ever career on FM 11. I'm the coach of Hibs :lol:

I wanted to start with a decent but not good team, so that it looks more real than starting at Rangers.

I'm at the begining of August and I've signed Sylvinho on a bosman. But my finances are shite :disappointment:

Will I get more cash in January or do I need to wait till then end of the season ?

I've never played FM before :blush:

End of season mate. Good way to make money though is arrange friendlies with big clubs before the season starts and sell all the players who won't make it to your first team. Also try and keep the wages down on new signings

sell all the players who won't make it to your first team.

That only really works well if the board give you a good percentage of the transfer budget, in my first season with Valencia i was only getting 5% of any deals

mugst.png

:lol::lol: Mugs

Transfers out btw :P