***The Official Football Manager 2011 Thread***

PaulRFC1

Right, boys. I need some suggestions.

I'm the Queen's eleven and I'm just heading into my second season, having won the SPL and the Scottish Cup in the first.

Anyway, I've sold Bougherra to Wigan for £1.5M and big Webster left on a pre-contract while Davie Weir has retired or left the club, I'm not sure. So, I need a centre-half and I'm struggling, big time. I've went in for Sergio Sánchez, Bahia, Cadú, Manuel da Costa, Cuéllar, Juhász, Goian and even Danny Wilson, but I'm being asked for at least double what they're valued at. Most times, the club wants triple. Its brutal.

I wanted Goodwillie, as well. Dundee United want £7M. So, I went for Ross McCormack and Leeds asked for £4M. Its insane.

Stevie Davis has came to me and stressed his concern at the lack of quality in our squad because, along with Boughie, Weir and Webster, I've lost Miller, Weiss, Foster, Edu and Beattie.

Ross Perry and Darren Cole at centre-half this season, I think.

Came 3rd with Villa in the 3rd season, won the Carling Cup beating Birmingham 5-0 in the final and got to the FA Cup final but lost 3-0 to Liverpool.

Managed to make some fantastic signings in the summer. I got Ganso, Lupi(fantastic regen), Mucha, Fleck, King, Baines, Cahill and Hulk. Fleck, Mucha and King for free.

My team is now.

Hart

Richards Nkoulou Jones/Cahill Baines

De Jong

Thiago Ganso

Hulk Hazard

Neymar

Jones is quickly becoming shit though, his stats keep decreasing for some reason.

So far i'm 2nd after 8 games, beat Liverpool 5-1 on the opening day and won 3-0 at Stamford Bridge.

Bayern, Porto and Montpellier in my CL group, beat Porto 5-1 and lost 3-0 to Bayern so far.

Have you boosted your finances with an edt file or fmrte.

Have you boosted your finances with an edt file or fmrte.

Nah.

I'm in the 4th season and have done pretty well so far, in the CL and won the carling cup and had a few other good cup runs. The past two seasons I set my expectations to title challenge and got 40-50 million each time and sold a few players too.

Right, boys. I need some suggestions.

I'm the Queen's eleven and I'm just heading into my second season, having won the SPL and the Scottish Cup in the first.

Anyway, I've sold Bougherra to Wigan for £1.5M and big Webster left on a pre-contract while Davie Weir has retired or left the club, I'm not sure. So, I need a centre-half and I'm struggling, big time. I've went in for Sergio Sánchez, Bahia, Cadú, Manuel da Costa, Cuéllar, Juhász, Goian and even Danny Wilson, but I'm being asked for at least double what they're valued at. Most times, the club wants triple. Its brutal.

I wanted Goodwillie, as well. Dundee United want £7M. So, I went for Ross McCormack and Leeds asked for £4M. Its insane.

Stevie Davis has came to me and stressed his concern at the lack of quality in our squad because, along with Boughie, Weir and Webster, I've lost Miller, Weiss, Foster, Edu and Beattie.

Ross Perry and Darren Cole at centre-half this season, I think.

Bakary Soumare who plays in France is a cracking buy.

Can't you get Bartley on a free?

Enquire about Jordan Spence, absolutely strolled the league with me. Think West Ham still look for loan deals for him in the second season as well.

Bakary Soumare who plays in France is a cracking buy.

Can't you get Bartley on a free?

I had a look at Spence, but I was after a more experienced centre-half. I've just had a look at Soumare and, on my game, he's not great. Cheers for the suggestions, though.

In the end, I brought in Bocanegra for £1.5M with add-ons and finally agreed a deal worth about £2.5M for Cadú. I'd already brought Bartley in on a free after he spent the second-half of last season on loan while I've got Broadfoot and Perry at centre-half, as well.

I was a wee bit short up-front, too, and was getting nowhere with Goodwillie and McCormack, so I've gave David Healy a one-year deal. Now, out of nowhere, after demanding £7M for him a few weeks ago, Dundee United have offered me Goodwillie for £3.7M. I don't think I have enough, but I'll haggle and see where I get.

I've got Hibs at Easter Road in the first game of the season, coming off a four-one win at home to Valencia in the last fixture of pre-season. Then, its Brondby for a place in the Champions League group stage after we knocked-out Debrecen, four-two on aggregate.

Just started up a Rangers save after downloading that update, there's some cracking free agents there. Had reports on the likes of Kewell, Neill, Hitzlsperger, Kezman, Hargreaves. Got rid of a fair amount of the staff: Durrant's away, Sammy Lee in, Owen gone, Jardine gone, few others as well. Goian out for a few months as soon as the game starts though, need a body in defence.

And Motherwell just signed James McFadden on a free. :lol: And now Ousmane Dabo. Could be title challengers ahead of Celtic.

Should be a fun season.

What update is it?

I had a look at Spence, but I was after a more experienced centre-half. I've just had a look at Soumare and, on my game, he's not great. Cheers for the suggestions, though.

In the end, I brought in Bocanegra for £1.5M with add-ons and finally agreed a deal worth about £2.5M for Cadú. I'd already brought Bartley in on a free after he spent the second-half of last season on loan while I've got Broadfoot and Perry at centre-half, as well.

I was a wee bit short up-front, too, and was getting nowhere with Goodwillie and McCormack, so I've gave David Healy a one-year deal. Now, out of nowhere, after demanding £7M for him a few weeks ago, Dundee United have offered me Goodwillie for £3.7M. I don't think I have enough, but I'll haggle and see where I get.

I've got Hibs at Easter Road in the first game of the season, coming off a four-one win at home to Valencia in the last fixture of pre-season. Then, its Brondby for a place in the Champions League group stage after we knocked-out Debrecen, four-two on aggregate.

This happened to me in my Hartlepool season , offered Man utd £20m for Nani they rejected and asked for £48m i refuse , window closes and 1 week later Man utd offer Nani for £10m ...

idiots

I've got a wee question, if anyone can help.

Like I said, Dundee United have now offered me Goodwillie and I think I can adjust my budget to accommodate the him. The only issue that I've just noticed is the fact that Dundee United have played in the qualifiers for the Europa League and, although unlikely, could make the group stage if they can get past Dortmund.

At the moment, I'm one tie away from the Champions League group stage, but Brondby could punt me into the Europa League if it goes tits-up.

Will Goodwillie be eligible to play for me in either the Europa League or the Champions League if I sign him, even though he's played in europe for Dundee United?

This happened to me in my Hartlepool season , offered Man utd £20m for Nani they rejected and asked for £48m i refuse , window closes and 1 week later Man utd offer Nani for £10m ...

idiots

Its brutal, but I suppose its quite similar to Dundee United's level of cuntishness in real life.

When I was bidding, Goodwillie was happy at Tannadice. Now, he's unhappy and wants to leave, so I think thats why they're offering him out.

look up young cb varane

Injury crisis at Ibrox. :anguish:

Got drawn against Trabzonspor in the 3rd Qualifying Round of the Champions League, easing through. 4-0 at home, doubles from Naismith and Beattie, and 2-2 in Turkey, Naismith and Healy with the goals. Then I had Inverness in the opening league game, and my team fell apart. Beattie was injured after 30 seconds, and Naismith was later injured as well. Lafferty is out for a month or so, as is Jelavic, as was Healy, as was Archie Campbell. Up front for the Caley second half was Kerkar... on his own. Won 3-1 though, goals from Ness, Wylde and McKay.

Half my players are 80% fitness or below due to a Champions League in Russia against Rubin Kazan, and have struggled to put a fit team out against Hibs. Tried looking for some free agents up front, although Forsell joined NEC, and the best I can get now is Kevin Lisbie...

Injury crisis at Ibrox. :anguish:

Got drawn against Trabzonspor in the 3rd Qualifying Round of the Champions League, easing through. 4-0 at home, doubles from Naismith and Beattie, and 2-2 in Turkey, Naismith and Healy with the goals. Then I had Inverness in the opening league game, and my team fell apart. Beattie was injured after 30 seconds, and Naismith was later injured as well. Lafferty is out for a month or so, as is Jelavic, as was Healy, as was Archie Campbell. Up front for the Caley second half was Kerkar... on his own. Won 3-1 though, goals from Ness, Wylde and McKay.

Half my players are 80% fitness or below due to a Champions League in Russia against Rubin Kazan, and have struggled to put a fit team out against Hibs. Tried looking for some free agents up front, although Forsell joined NEC, and the best I can get now is Kevin Lisbie...

If you're still in the first season Massimo Marazzina is a moderately competent player, usually available on a free. In my game at least, no one bothered signing him due to his age. He actually managed to score a goal for me when I signed him (tu).

I managed to adjust my budget, so I brought in Goodwillie for £3.5M which was good business considering Dundee United wanted £7M during the summer. He wasn't registered in time for the Champions' League, but came on against Kilmarnock and got an assist.

We started off shite, but. We drew nil-nil at Easter Road, then lost one-nil in Sweden against Brondby before going one-nil down at home to Kilmarnock. We went on to win that game three-one, though, and leathered Brondby four-nil at Ibrox to book our place in the Champions' League group stage. We're in Group 'H' with Chelsea, Twente and a mob from Serbia called Javor who's stadium can't possibly be at UEFA standards.

I signed Craig Conway on a free, but he picked-up a knock in the last game of pre-season and, on his competitive debut, tore his hamstring, keeping him out for five months. Hes not settled in well, as you can imagine.

In the first team, I've got Ross Perry, Andy Little (Who I want to loan for first team experience), Jamie Ness, Andrew Shinnie, Gregg Wylde and John Fleck who are all products of Murray Park, so thats good for the european registration stuff. I also had Kyle Hutton, but he's away to Dundee on loan until Christmas.

EDIT Javor's stadium. Fit for the Champions' League group stage?

stadion-javor.jpg

I got pumped out of the champions league this season in the first round knock out. :(

My first season of not winning it for 4 years, not sure how this will affect my end of season financial documents :pipe: as even with a long run in the champions league and winning it, I don't make much profit.

I managed to adjust my budget, so I brought in Goodwillie for £3.5M which was good business considering Dundee United wanted £7M during the summer. He wasn't registered in time for the Champions' League, but came on against Kilmarnock and got an assist.

We started off shite, but. We drew nil-nil at Easter Road, then lost one-nil in Sweden against Brondby before going one-nil down at home to Kilmarnock. We went on to win that game three-one, though, and leathered Brondby four-nil at Ibrox to book our place in the Champions' League group stage. We're in Group 'H' with Chelsea, Twente and a mob from Serbia called Javor who's stadium can't possibly be at UEFA standards.

I signed Craig Conway on a free, but he picked-up a knock in the last game of pre-season and, on his competitive debut, tore his hamstring, keeping him out for five months. Hes not settled in well, as you can imagine.

In the first team, I've got Ross Perry, Andy Little (Who I want to loan for first team experience), Jamie Ness, Andrew Shinnie, Gregg Wylde and John Fleck who are all products of Murray Park, so thats good for the european registration stuff. I also had Kyle Hutton, but he's away to Dundee on loan until Christmas.

EDIT Javor's stadium. Fit for the Champions' League group stage?

stadion-javor.jpg

You played a Danish team in Sweden :broadfoot:

In pre-season of the 2023/24 season.

Having a lot of offers for my players but I'm having to turn them down as I want to keep them. I tried to put a clause in that I keep them until the end of the season and then they move on but they rejected these. :lol:

My squad is extremely large however and I need to offload some of the fringe players that only get 1 or 2 run outs a season.