Is it OK to now mention the McCulloch & Edu partnership?

1st_Jan_1994

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more worrying matter for me is Walter believes these two players are better in the middle than Davis doh

... er He is the professional manager with umpteen trophies to his name - and you think you know best (as all fans believe they do) - he has to consider stuff like the shape of the team - even Davis's form (pretty poor) but 1 loss and out come the nay sayers!! doh

I don't think he gives his all in every game, sometimes I don't even realise he's playing until he picks up his customary booking.

Same goes for Edu, minus the booking.

.. as I said does a LOT of the unglamerous stuff that people don't notice but is needed. I think you have re-enforced my point for me.

.. as I said does a LOT of the unglamerous stuff that people don't notice but is needed. I think you have re-enforced my point for me.

McCulloch is like a very poor Hemdani, Hemdani used to get slaughtered when he played in the SPL because their was no need for him, same as McCulloch...we play better when he's not playing in central midfield, Had he played v Valencia at Ibrox we'd never of got a draw out of that game.

Big Lee has done little wrong all season - and despite what PG51 thinks is NOT playing in a comfort zone - if any player is giving his all its McCulloch. How soon people forget all the early season assists he had (and some messi-esque passes at that). How little credit he gets for doing the work-horse stuff that any team needs. Winning the midfield headers, putting the tackles in and breaking up play. Good god I have even heard people complaining about the fouls he gives away - when did the game become so soft? we used to admire a bit of strength and steel, which Lee has. Still for some on here once they are blinded to a player (Muff for one, copiously and loudly) they remain blind no matter what they do, then wait for a sub par team preformance and put the boot in again.

No matter how shit he play's, Lee McCulloch can do no wrong in your eyes. The other day you said he was outstanding... say's it all.

Or.......

He gets an easy ride from a lot of fans who turn a blind eye to his glaring inadequacies for being a 'big Gers man'.

It's pretty much a fact that if McCulloch had come in as a forgeiner with no Rangers connection whatsoever the vast majority on here would despise him.

Look at the stick Rothen got after only starting about 6 or 7 games for us. People from Scotland and NI and especially those who are lifelong Rangers fans will get a fairly easy ride from a lot of people regardless of how they play.

Spot on simplythebest! If we had brought in a DM from abroad and he played like mcculloch I guarantee there would be nobody on here who liked him! He's absolute shite! A role that is extremely valuable if played well but pointles. If not! He needs fucking dropped! Unfortunately tho he's first pick, has a new 3 year deal :( and will be captain next season! :(

Or.......

He gets an easy ride from a lot of fans who turn a blind eye to his glaring inadequacies for being a 'big Gers man'.

Our supporters have never really appreciated the people who just do the donkey work and are good squad players - its always been our way. Give him 2 or 3 weeks out and I bet there would be a clamour to bring him back. Still thats footballl - one minute fans slating Lee on here next minute the papers are saying he was our best player in the game.

No matter how shit he play's, Lee McCulloch can do no wrong in your eyes. The other day you said he was outstanding... say's it all.

.. and no matter how he plays you always knock him down and cant wait to get on his back. Still thats the fun of football - 2 vastly different opinions about the same game. We will just agree to disagree.

McCulloch was excellent last season but I think most people will agree that he has struggled to match those performances in the early part of this season.

Still he's a year older and he's playing in a position which requires you to cover a lot of ground so it's not entirely suprising.

This season I've seen nothing from McCullochs contribution to the team, a part from a bit of physical presence and the odd long shot, that justifies his being one of Walter's first picks. I actually think in some games he's a liability, we all love to see a crunching tackle (clean, of course) but more often than not McCulloch doesn't win the ball.

McCullochs season last season was like caldwells in the year he won the player of the year! He was so shite before that that when he showed the slightest improvement people started saying he was good! The next season he's shown up for what he is and was sold! If only we could have done that and kept thomson!

Lee McCulloch has a knock on the knee but we hope he will be OK for the Dons game

Even if he was 50% fit he'd still start. At least we won't see the Edu - McCulloch partnership as Edu is out. Squad fully stretched, will be interesting to see what the starting 11 is!?

Even if he was 50% fit he'd still start. At least we won't see the Edu - McCulloch partnership as Edu is out. Squad fully stretched, will be interesting to see what the starting 11 is!?

The usual rehash of the usual suspects; probably the team that finished on wednesday.Walters refusal to give youngsters game experience could cost us as it did last time round.

The usual rehash of the usual suspects; probably the team that finished on wednesday.Walters refusal to give youngsters game experience could cost us as it did last time round.

I agree.

What's the betting Edu passes a late fitness test and it's business as usual for the Edu/McCulloch partnership :disappointment:

The Rangers website will report it as a timely fitness boost and good news going into the Aberdeen game blah blah blah.

Davis McCulloch is our best CM partnership, any other combination sees us over-run through the middle

Even that midfield get's over-run. Lacking a midfielder who can put his foot on the ball, roll his sleeves up, get stuck in, break up play, good distribution, awareness, positional sense...

McCulloch is the problem, not Edu. Actually felt sorry for him trying to do the job of 2 midfielders before he got injured.

This McCulloch can do no wrong attitude is shocking, and the abuse Edu got tonight in the stands was shocking. It's not the 1st time he's been targeted for unnecessary abuse from the stands.

Thank fuck, someone thinks the same as me, McCulloch is a liability, CM who never tackles, hides from players , shadows the opposition from about

5 feet away, and when he gets caught he up ends them and gets a yellow card

McCulloch is the problem, not Edu. Actually felt sorry for him trying to do the job of 2 midfielders before he got injured.

This McCulloch can do no wrong attitude is shocking, and the abuse Edu got tonight in the stands was shocking. It's not the 1st time he's been targeted for unnecessary abuse from the stands.

Bet the liks of stuart mcCall or ian ferguson would have gave him abuse for jumping out of tackles like he did?