Bougherra out for three weeks....

Frankie

Papac managed fine against the t*rriers at centre half last season.

Do you really think so? I had that game in mind when I made my post. He was all over the place and left Weir exposed, that led to a couple of their penalty claims.

Just shows you how everyone sees the game different.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of players still travel and then get assessed by the nations medical staff etc, and I don't think anyone was really aware of the severity of the injury until he took that scan.

Reading the report it appears that he mainly felt the problem when he was already in Luxemborg, that's why he went for the scan, against Aberdeen he might have felt it was just a knock.

Hopefully it's not as bad as this but Bougherra did say he was struggling a couple of days ago :(

We badly need Sasa fit now as he is the ideal player to replace Bougherra as Webster just get's constant injuries. I think Papac has looked fine when he has filled in the middle for us.

Papac has been brilliant playing more in the central position during the Champions League and there is no way I would prefer to see Broadfoot or McCulloch in that position. Who remembers Broadfoot getting beat easily against McDonald that let those cunts beat us 1-0 at Ibrox.

Against United a back five of this would be ok, imo.

Foster Broadfoot Weir Papac Whittaker

To add my tuppence worth.

Any of our defensive players to partner weir should be more than enough for domestic games.

And as for man u it will be 5 at the back so not such a big loss there.

However if mcculloch moves back it will weaken the midfield so hopefully he stays in the middle

Give perry a shot, worked out with Wilson last year

Was just about to suggest him, seen in the paper he got a very high rating from last nights under's. Also seen that Hutton got an 8, which is very promising.

Dont rate either Broadfoot, Lee or Papac at CH. Papac only good there in CL when there are another TWO CHs alongside him. With 4 at the back he is not good as he cannot header a ball and ball watches. That is why WS moved him to fullback in the first place.

I would play Webster if fit and if not give Perry a chance. We need to know if Perry is any good and he captained Scotland's U21s last night.

I would also start a middle 4 of Naismith, Davis, Hutton and Fleck vs Kilmarnock and play Miller and Lafferty up front if fit.