Is it ok to critisise Lee McCulloch now?

simplythebest

It's pointing to the fact that McCulloch's gained a hero status from many on here for reasons i've never really understood, and critisism of him seemed to be met with a fair bit of abuse.

The most that can be said is that he's looked better than Edu at times this season, but considering Edu's had some real shocking games it's not saying a lot.

Who are the 'many on here' that have given McCulloch hero status?

All I can see are posters defending him (when he deserves defending I might add) against the many posters who cant wait to get a dig in against him on a daily basis and are determined to make him the scapegoat for every poor performance.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Gee'z peace

People say McCulloch only passes side ways and backwards? Watch the best defensive midfielders in the world, backwards, sideways, 3 yards in front now and again, and when he passes to the side he passes into clear space, the game at Old Trafford he had a higher percentage of completed passing than anyone else in our team, and he covered the most distance than anyone of our team as well as most of Man Utd's so how can he be called lazy?

No, the best DMs actually make tackles (tu)

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Depends.

A DM intelligent enough to intercept play is one that does not need to make tackles...

Which Lee doesn't do.

Very predictable these threads now.Ever time Rangers lose it's always the same player that is to blame...but when Rangers won these threads are no where to be seen.Wonder why that is,eh? :sherlock:

It always seems to be the same few people starting these threads as well.

I'd take a hard on if you made a positive post about us.

McCulloch's not my cup of tea but Walter picks him.

You were a positive and constructive wee guy when i started posting on this board but looks like you can't wait to stick the boot in when anything goes wrong for us.

Chin up.

I don't think I've ever seen STB post something positive unless its something to do with a young player getting a game.

I don't think I've ever seen STB post something positive unless its something to do with a young player getting a game.

I liked him as a poster but the past year it's been like a different guy,we're all entitled to our opinion and he just looks on it negatively.

Each to their own i guess.

He must be a nightmare to play alongside in midfield and I feel every one who has to ends up playing two positions to cover for his failure to decide whether to close ball or opponent.He fails as a defensive cover and fails as a link from defence to front players and tonight his loss of possession was criminal.

Lee did OK. I thought he played a lot better than Hutton did and he's been praised on here by some.

Some people clearly dont like McCulloch, for some reason. Their expectations of him are simply unrealistic. He does the job he is asked to do.

They should judge players game by game instead of holding grudges over a period of time.

I thought McCulloch did well.

Here's a question, what's exactly is the Job mcculloch is asked to do? I hate when people say that!

This is what mccullochs game consists of;

running around in circles,

going to close someone down then backing off again,

taking the ball from the defenders then passing it back to another defender,

diving in when he should be staying on his feet,

standing inside his own half while we attack,

rarely playing a forward ball,

losing possesion when trying to hit wonder balls,

not turning on the ball when he should,

hop, skipping and jumping in front of the opposition while they pass it by him with ease,

slowing down play to almost a complete stop.

That is lee mcculloch in a nutshell, and if that's him doing a job then fuck me sideways!