The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

No wonder no cunt wants to buy us!

The 20 years that SDM gave us is probably the longest of any Chairman who actualy owned the club. Yes we have people claim that Murray reduced the club to nothing but what would another do? He tried to win everything as a Rangers fan and for other fans.

If I had £200M and a vision for Rangers, I would have to be a big supporter of the club in order to make me buy, otherwise I would step right back out of it because of the hatred from fans.

The guy saved us from a shite entity that Celtic were faced with until they caught up.

The man has brought us to where we are now.

If/When CW Takesover, will Martin Bain and AJ still be working for Rangers or not? Just curious.

Not a fuckin chance. Whyte will have his own men lined up to step in straight away. And from what people say about whyte if their his men i dont think they will be taking any shite

Not a fuckin chance. Whyte will have his own men lined up to step in straight away. And from what people say about whyte if their his men i dont think they will be taking any shite

Good. Hopefully someone who's good at negotiating contracts, as mr bain lacks that.

I always thought Alistair Johnston was Ellis's man and I stand by that, so I expect him to have a role

World Record Holders?

I think he meant the man that is meant to be an astute businessman getting us up to our eyeballs in debt facing the prospect of administration if there is no takeover , a club just managing to be competitive thanks to the manager and the guy that is nowhere to be seen.

I always thought Alistair Johnston was Ellis's man and I stand by that, so I expect him to have a role

You had much to drink the nyt ? :lol: when Ellis was trying to take over AJ swiftly made it well aware what he thought of him and his takeover and it wasnt much btw

NOTW make of it what u will

(tu)

CHAIRMAN Alastair Johnston and Donald Muir could be the first casualties if Craig Whyte's Rangers takeover goes ahead.

Ibrox was stunned yesterday by David Goodwillie's 90th-minute winner in Gers' 3-2 defeat by Dundee United.

There could be even more shocks in store as the Whyte takeover ploughs on.

Sport of the World has spoken to insiders who insist the Whyte deal WILL happen but suggestions it will be done in the next 48 hours are viewed as 'far-fetched', with doubts remaining over their tax liability, with a growing concern HMRC want a high-profile scalp from the football community.

Johnston, who has been Gers chairman for only 20 months, is in the new regime's sights.

Main man... Murray appointed Muir

The Cleveland-based Scot, 62, could be pushed aside if Whyte is successful and decides on a restructuring of the boardroom.

Johnston revealed a new tax bill for £2.8m on Friday "came out of left field." A financial insider close to the deal said: "It's common sense. If you buy a sweetie shop that's losing money, would you leave the same guy working behind the counter after you bought it?"

Sport of the World can also reveal the knives are out for Muir. He was appointed to the board in October 2009 by Sir David Murray, to deal with the club's spiralling debt.

Despite claiming to be a Gers fan, Muir is an unpopular figure among supporters, left. He was seen as Lloyds' representative after arriving as a condition of Gers' credit facility.

However Muir's ties with MIH were severed last Thursday when he parted company with Murray's business group.

Johnston openly questioned Muir's impartiality earlier this week. He said: "It's very tough to engage in conversations at board level about strategies with the bank when we know the bank guy is sitting there."

An Ibrox insider said: "The feeling is Muir's position is no longer tenable. He no longer works for Murray, so there is no reason for him to be here."

Interesting last sentence if true of course

Just a sidenote btw MCKAY72 is viewing this thread. Isnt that the wee shit stirrin cunt that posted a thread on follow follow about a thread on RM he started to see how long it would stay up on here. To do with us supposedly sticking up for donald muir

Whyte's Rangers takeover on course for completion by midweek

1pixel_spacer.gif1pixel_spacer.gif1pixel_spacer.gif1pixel_spacer.gif1pixel_spacer.gif1pixel_spacer.gifPublished Date: 03 April 2011By Tom EnglishCraig Whyte's proposed purchase of Rangers would now appear to be a formality with an offer to the Stock Exchange imminent.The suggested completion date is Wednesday or Thursday of this week, not tomorrow as has been suggested

Scotland on Sunday understands that all major roadblocks have been removed leaving the way clear for Whyte to buy Sir David Murray's shares, thereby bringing an end to a drama that has been more than five months in the making. Whyte has deposited his proof of funds with the bank and it is believed that he sees no reason why the deal cannot be completed within days.

Reports of a possible blip yesterday are believed to be unfounded. It was suggested that terms of Whyte's deal to buy the club may include a commitment on his part to meet any potential HMRC tax debt, a figure that could run into the tens of millions of pounds. This notion is said to be well wide of the mark.

The fallout from Alastair Johnston's Friday press conference with broadcasters continues, meanwhile. More than half a dozen journalists have indicated that Johnston lent serious credence to the notion that Rangers could go bust in a worse-case scenario, answering a direct question about the club potentially going out of business if there is no deal with Whyte and a large HMRC bill with a nod of his head. Rangers subsequently issued a statement to the Stock Exchange which read: "We would like to clarify that our chairman did not state that the club could go out of business."

Rangers takeover: Long quest of the Whyte knight

Tom English: 'There is no doubting what Johnston was getting at'

It is believed that Johnston was advised by colleagues at Rangers not to do a media conference, but he insisted on speaking to both the daily newspapers and the broadcast press about the club's interim financial results.

On he field yesterday, Rangers failed to take advantage of an opportunity to go top of the SPL. With Celtic's game in Inverness postponed, Walter Smith's side would have gone one point ahead of Celtic had they won, but they lost 3-2 to Dundee United at Ibrox.

Promising !

I think he meant the man that is meant to be an astute businessman getting us up to our eyeballs in debt facing the prospect of administration if there is no takeover , a club just managing to be competitive thanks to the manager and the guy that is nowhere to be seen.

I know he did, I just get pissed off with Rangers fans who think their last decade or two was free.

Rangers were shite under Holmes and we were going nowhere. We were taken to a low level before Murray took us over and some bears forget this.

I know he did, I just get pissed off with Rangers fans who think their last decade or two was free.

Rangers were shite under Holmes and we were going nowhere. We were taken to a low level before Murray took us over and some bears forget this.

No-one thinks we got it for free we clearly got it for 30 million worth of debt. Its not the fact he took us to a new level its how he done it. By all means take the club to a new level but do ti sensibly dont just throw huge sums of money at the team and club. Take your time build slowly, manage your money well and build something special that wont last for a decade before crippling debt sets in and you are in deep deep shit.

Bottom line is Murray went about it all wrong and it really booted him and us in the baws when the credit crunch hit and he lost about 3/4 of his cash meaning he couldnt bail us out so easily.

Hopefully this saga draws to a close soon.

Mr Whyte seems to have shown his credentials to all parties and they seem happy so hopefully his take over goes through & his business plan and future plans for The Rangers, match our expectations.

So we weren't going anywhere under Holmes and Souness... ?

League in 1987, first since 1978.

Championship and League Cup double, 44k average attendance, European QF (beaten by Steaua if I am correct!?), Wilkins, Gough, Butcher, McCoist, Gough, Roberts, Francis, Fleck, Durrant, Walters, Woods, Ferguson, Stevens and Drinkell...

An injury ravished season saw us finish 3rd. A league Cup winners medal, a competitive squad, Ibrox support, celtc on a downwards spiral, top of the league when Murray took over...

Yes, we were going nowhere and it was all Murray - he built the squad, stadium, support, he made The Rangers.

No-one thinks we got it for free we clearly got it for 30 million worth of debt. Its not the fact he took us to a new level its how he done it. By all means take the club to a new level but do ti sensibly dont just throw huge sums of money at the team and club. Take your time build slowly, manage your money well and build something special that wont last for a decade before crippling debt sets in and you are in deep deep shit.

Bottom line is Murray went about it all wrong and it really booted him and us in the baws when the credit crunch hit and he lost about 3/4 of his cash meaning he couldnt bail us out so easily.

Sorry mate, could you be a two faced supporter?

Murray did fuck us up but only because he supported his manager - Dick Advocaat fucked us

Sorry mate, could you be a two faced supporter?

Murray did fuck us up but only because he supported his manager - Dick Advocaat fucked us

Yep, it's Advocaat's fault. His signings were not the best, but who bankrolled them... eh... erm... oooh... yeah, David Murray.

If Whyte doesnt buy Rangers, And we get hit with a major bill from HMRC, is Rangers as a club finished?

No - Rangers will never be finished as long as the supporters are there. Worse case would be bankruptcy and being sold off as a going concern with Lloyds and HMRC losing most of what they are owed.

Whyte wants this deal to go through.

Rangers FC want this deal to go through.

The fans ( well most of them) want this deal to go through.

Slippery Dave wants this deal to go through.

And most importantly, Lloyds want this deal to go through.

Pressure will be getting put on Slippery Dave to accept this £2.8mil tax liability in order to get the deal through.

Nobody, Rangers FC or Lloyds, will allow this to fall through because of Slippery Dave's mess.

Roll on Monday....................................................(tu)

Yep, it's Advocaat's fault. His signings were not the best, but who bankrolled them... eh... erm... oooh... yeah, David Murray.

Who wanted them, expected them and cheered them?

£12M for one shite player!

Who wanted them, expected them and cheered them?

£12M for one shite player!

I like how you never replied to my previous post/reply...

It was David Holmes who started the Souness Revolution... and you know it (or possibly not :rolleyes: )