The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

Hullo Hullo we are the Billy boys

Hullo Hullo youl know us by our noise

Were up to our knees in FENIAN blood

Surrender or youll die for we are Drumchapel Derry boys :crabflute: :crabflute: :crabflute: :crabflute: :crabflute: :crabflute: :crabflute:

Sky Sports report

Sky Sports News understands that Rangers owner Sir David Murray has agreed a deal to sell the club to Craig Whyte.

Scottish tycoon Whyte has been locked in talks for some time over Murray's 75 per cent stake with partner Andrew Ellis due to become a 25 per cent partner.

Whyte has brokered a deal that will see him buy their stadium Ibrox and the surrounding land along with the club's Murray Park training ground, if approved by the club's Board.

The deal is expected to cost Whyte around £28million but the overall cost of the club for the new owner is expected to be twice as much having given assurances he will invest £5million in the squad in each of the next five seasons.

Whyte's investment will clear their Term loan believed to be in the £18million region, their main debt immediately with Lloyds Banking Group and the other smaller loans will be cleared over time.

Whyte's offer will now be presented to Rangers' Board for approval and it is expected they will ratify it due to any long-term complications that could arise due to lack of investment.

Should the club's Board give the green light to accept Whyte's deal then the SPL champions could be taken over officially this week, ending a long and uncertain period for the Light Blues.

fancy helping me start a bring back the jelavic thread and keep the takeover one.

Although you dont seem as involved in this 1 :disappointment:

What you want me to do mate?

Aye I know,I was pissed off with all the folk saying the deal wouldn't go through,glad I was always positive about it from the start and had the opinion it wasn't a Murray stunt.

What you want me to do mate?

Aye I know,I was pissed off with all the folk saying the deal wouldn't go through,glad I was always positive about it from the start and had the opinion it wasn't a Murray stunt.

They'll all be out the woodwork soon telling us why this is a terrible deal for us......