The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

Can I question the logic then DB?

If a takeover happens, surely shares will rise in price...

If it doesn't happen I'd imagine they'd pretty much stay roughly at their status qou.....

Can u or someone elae maybe explain the logic behind what u are posting ?

Ps I don't know much about how shares work and therefore I'm not dismissing ur posts however logically (in my head anyway) it doesn't seem to add up?

Let me make one thing clear here, this ain't me that has cashed in any shares or have been advised to do so. This is just a few people I know that have chosen to go down this path.

What they believe it's better to cash in now. What they think or believe to be the case of us down the road is just all guesswork at the moment.

Just like they will be some buying shares the now, as they think the share price will rise after a takeover will happen.

Let me make one thing clear here, this ain't me that has cashed in any shares or have been advised to do so. This is just a few people I know that have chosen to go down this path.

What they believe it's better to cash in now. What they think or believe to be the case of us down the road is just all guesswork at the moment.

Just like they will be some buying shares the now, as they think the share price will rise after a takeover will happen.

I wasn't attacking u mate

Was just asking the logic or reasoning behind the share sales that u knew off (tu)

Hope from my corner of this actually happening is diminishing by the day!

Tbh, I can't see it happening any time soon 00000041.gif Seems to be a real lack of urgency from all parties involved otherwise it could have been tied up at least 2 weeks ago.

How long does it take to go over the "fine" points of the deal?

• I (Craig Whyte) pay £25m to buy the club
  • Sir David Murray ceases to control Rangers Football Club
  • Money to get divided to Lloyd's TSB & David Murray as already agreed
  • Sir David Murray accepts responsibility for any tax liabilities that may come the clubs way
  • SIMPLES!

However, there are probably more "fine points" to go over. But what makes it so hard for all parties to gather round a table and go over the points over the course of 1 or 2 working days? In saying that, we are Rangers and we do absolutely fuck all the simple way!

This takeover saga has a longggggg way to go yet. To me right now, AJ flying in tomorrow means nothing. I refuse to raise my hopes.

Sir David Murray accepts responsibility for any tax liabilities that may come the clubs way

But what makes it so hard for all parties to gather round a table and go over the points over the course of 1 or 2 working days?

Said tax liabilities might not exist - AJ very recently restating that the club continue to receive ‘reassuring opinion’ from experts. But, it could be as much as £60m if the wildest of timmy’s wet-dreams come true.

If the variable is unknown, but potentially devastating, I’d imagine it would be very complicated to find a legally binding solution to keep all interested parties happy.

Said tax liabilities might not exist - AJ very recently restating that the club continue to receive ‘reassuring opinion’ from experts. But, it could be as much as £60m if the wildest of timmy’s wet-dreams come true.

If the variable is unknown, but potentially devastating, I’d imagine it would be very complicated to find a legally binding solution to keep all interested parties happy.

I cannot in my wildest dreams see Whyte accepting responsibility for paying any of the possible fallout from this "tax scheme", especially if, as you say, it's an unknown amount.

He would have to zip up the back (just what we need in a new owner).

yeah shame he had to do some work for the people who pay him instead of the four hours a day he puts into rangers for free.

Shame he had to step in to help take the heat off Murray, instead of putting pressure on him. But then again, he was part of the problem.