The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

as far as i can make out noone has ever lost a case with hmrc over ebt's.

Far from being an expert on tax issues but i take that as a good sign, the revenue could go two ways, if they find Rangers liable as an example they would have to reopen many many many old cases of similar creative accounting, i for one dont think they have the manpower( how much of the revenues time and money has gone into the Rangers debacle?) or inclination for that, or they can close the said loophole if they find there is no case to answer to prevent future repetition of it.

chairmen of companies rarely criticise 92% majority shareholders.

aj's been pretty honest with us i would say.

He was previously a member of the board and when Murray slinked off,again, he needed another stooge. AJ agreed to be that man. His loyalty to Murray appears to be greater than to the club, although he's not alone in that respect.

Said tax liabilities might not exist - AJ very recently restating that the club continue to receive ‘reassuring opinion’ from experts. But, it could be as much as £60m if the wildest of timmy’s wet-dreams come true.

If the variable is unknown, but potentially devastating, I’d imagine it would be very complicated to find a legally binding solution to keep all interested parties happy.

That will be the Seville calculator then ...............

I cannot in my wildest dreams see Whyte accepting responsibility for paying any of the possible fallout from this "tax scheme", especially if, as you say, it's an unknown amount.

He would have to zip up the back (just what we need in a new owner).

This has to be the root of the problematic negotiations.

I've been thinkin about this tax thing. It's a Murray international holdings scheme is it not? Somebody has said that the defendant on court papers is mih. Might be wrong I suppose. But I think scenario may be.

Rangers accounts show 40mill paid in. Tax level at the time was 40% I believe. Surely this means 16 million should be tax. I reackon the deal between Whyte and Murray is we will pay the tax owed. If any is found to be owed. Any interest and fines are his problem. Just an opinion mind. No insider knowledge or anything.

I also think they must be pretty bloody confident they are going to win the case. For a few reasons.

1 Whyte wants to buy us

2 Murray us actually asking for some six million for his shares. If ge wasn't confident he'd sell for a nominal pound. Remember the rest of whytes investment is a debt clearance.

3 as far as we are told no provision is being made to have at least some of the money in a bank incase bill does appear. If u thought u might get a big bill in the future I'd start putting some cash away for it.

4. We bought jelavic Beattie etc and knocked back a bid for the boogy. If we had a chance of the bill killing us we would not be refusing transfers and spending on new players. We could have got lower league bosmans and finished mid table yet still survived as a club.

As I say. Just an opinion. Not fact or insider knowledge.

I also think they must be pretty bloody confident they are going to win the case. For a few reasons.

1 Whyte wants to buy us

2 Murray us actually asking for some six million for his shares. If ge wasn't confident he'd sell for a nominal pound. Remember the rest of whytes investment is a debt clearance.

3 as far as we are told no provision is being made to have at least some of the money in a bank incase bill does appear. If u thought u might get a big bill in the future I'd start putting some cash away for it.

4. We bought jelavic Beattie etc and knocked back a bid for the boogy. If we had a chance of the bill killing us we would not be refusing transfers and spending on new players. We could have got lower league bosmans and finished mid table yet still survived as a club.

As I say. Just an opinion. Not fact or insider knowledge.

(tu) Agreed.

If it was your company and the tax case was against u. And every rangers fan in the universe would string u up if it went down the tubes. Would u be making sure the buyer would take it forward or would u be giving it the the first guy who took a pound coin out his pocket so it is no longer a problem?

The more I think about it the more I think it may be less of an issue than we worry it is. In saying that. The wife tells me am wrong all the time.

This is never going to happen by the looks of it. I have tried to stay positive but theres only so long you can believe it may actually happen.

im now in the same mind as you mate this has dragged on too long

if it was going to happen it would have been done by now

hope we are wrong. but it looks like sdm will still own us next season

Information received in the last 10 minutes says that SDM is actively considering taking the club off the market, I am also told that certain media outlets are aware of this, but are holding back on it.

Information received in the last 10 minutes says that SDM is actively considering taking the club off the market, I am also told that certain media outlets are aware of this, but are holding back on it.

FUCK :anguish:

FUCK :anguish:

Didn't he do that 4 months ago or something?

I have long been cynical about this so called takeover but it appears to have went further down the line than any previous attempts.

My worry now is that Whyte will walk away blaming Murray and "unforseen bills" (i.e the Tax Case) and Murray will accuse Whyte of being all talk and no substance.

End result is that i was not and am not expecting a takeover of Rangers by Craig Whyte/

Where did you hear this, as far as i am aware we were not even on the market during the last few months.