The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

Why don't they all join together and both parties invest for the good of the club

Because the board doesn't trust Whyte and are sceptical about his motives and the future of the club and its assets if he gets control.Whyte wants his own men on the board so that he can do what he wants without questioning from those who have history with the club.

CRAIG WHYTE insists he's still firmly in the box seat to buy Rangers.

Tycoon Whyte suffered a major setback this week when the Gers board criticised his take-over bid.

That opened the door for Ibrox directors Paul Murray and Dave King to front a rival deal.

As SunSport exclusively revealed yesterday that would see Ally McCoist handed a whopping £20million transfer war chest.

The battle for boardroom control is now set to move into extra-time in the days ahead.

But Whyte remains adamant he's still the leading contender to buy Sir David Murray's 92 per cent controlling stake in the club.

SunSport understands that as far as Lloyds Bank is concerned Whyte's deal is the only one on the table.

A source close to the deal said last night: "Whyte has no intention of walking away.

"There has been a lot said about the rival bid from Paul Murray and Dave King.

"But Whyte believes he's still the preferred bidder as far as Sir David Murray is concerned.

"That could change in the days to come.

"But Whyte is still confident he can win the boardroom battle and take control."

Paul Murray held further talks with namesake Sir David yesterday.

But their discussions are set to take a back seat until next week.

Rangers now have got Sunday's vitally important Old Firm clash with Celtic to prepare for. And Gers director Paul Murray has told friends he doesn't want to do anything to distract from that.

It's also Easter weekend with the London Stock Exchange closing for the holiday.

But Sir David Murray is still the man with Rangers' future in the palm of his hands.

He must decide whether to accept the Whyte offer which would see him paid around £3.2million for his shares in the club.

He would then be able to walk away and let Whyte deal with the £18m worth of debt to Lloyds Bank.

They have already given that deal the go-ahead.

But the Ibrox board are still unconvinced by the figures which have been tabled.

That's why they stepped in earlier this week with news they were now looking at alternatives.

McCoist has a massive rebuilding job on his hands with several key players set to be out of contract in around 12 months time.

Madjid Bougherra, Steven Davis and Allan McGregor are all looking for new deals.

And McCoist would love to be able to offer his top stars new contracts while also looking to bring in fresh faces for the new campaign.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3541224/Whyte-will-fight-it-out.html#ixzz1KCdEJYxG

CRAIG Whyte remains in pole position to complete a takeover of Rangers.

Sir David Murray, the club’s owner, has confirmed his support of the Whyte bid rather than the alternative plan put together by existing Ibrox directors Dave King and Paul Murray, fronting a consortium.

Herald Sport understands that the consortium members have learned that their plan is not seen as an attractive alternative to the bid put in place by Whyte, although Whyte himself would be receptive to an approach from King and Paul Murray if their offer of a £25m investment is genuine.

That potential pooling together of resources was described by one source close to the talks as potentially “the best of both worlds” for Rangers in that the entire debt to Lloyds Banking Group would be paid off, Sir David Murray would get a sum for his 85% shareholding, and new manager Ally McCoist would get far more to spend in the transfer market. But it is unclear if King, Paul Murray and their backers would have any interest in putting money in if Whyte is the new owner.

As things stand, Sir David Murray regards Whyte’s £52.5m overall package – including £25m on players over five years – as the best option. Crucially, that is also the Lloyds view. The bank would recover all of the near-£20m it is owed if Whyte’s bid goes through.

It is unclear if Dave King, Paul Murray and their backers would want to put money in if Whyte is the new owner

The King/Murray consortium proposes to repay only part of the debt and continue a credit facility with Lloyds. King would put up £25m of which £15m would go to Lloyds and £10m on players etc, with a share issue then made which would be underwritten to the tune of £20m by the consortium members. But it is understood that owner Murray does not regard that as a match for Whyte’s bid.

Murray has always said he would sell the club only to someone who convinced him they had Rangers’ best interests at heart, and he is still satisfied that Whyte has the resources not only to buy the shares, but to commit to an acceptable level of ongoing investment over the next few years.

Tuesday’s dramatic statement by club chairman Alastair Johnston on behalf of the independent sub-committee of Rangers’ directors – which was set up to examine the credentials of any bidder – caused new and unexpected problems for Whyte.

The statement openly questioned and criticised how he has gone about his bid and announced the existence of the alternative proposal backed by King and Paul Murray. That revealed to Whyte that if his takeover goes ahead, it will be contrary to the wishes of most of a board of directors including Johnston, chief executive Martin Bain, finance director Donald McIntyre, former chairman John McClelland and John Greig.

That would mean Whyte putting his money in and it going into the hands of executives who had not supported him. The likely scenario in that event would be Whyte replacing them with his own new executive team as soon as was realistic after taking ownership.

In the meantime, Whyte has requested certain dispensations and safeguards from the Takeover Panel, the London-based regulatory body which administers the rules on company takeovers, in the event of him taking over against the wishes of most of the current directors.

Move into other thread if need be

whyte would be mine from what i have seen, i would rather be out of the banks hands, i wouldnt want them to get even 5 million woth of debt owed by rangers, i would prefer them to use another bank altogether to be honest and till we have regular funds the bank will be involved somehow

I hate to say it, not because I do not like Craig Whyte being the next major investor of Rangers, but I just hate to add to the speculationlol, Craig Whyte will probably be the man ! And if anyone reads AJ's words carefully they will see that the door was very much still opened to Whyte

I hate to say it, not because I do not like Craig Whyte being the next major investor of Rangers, but I just hate to add to the speculationlol, Craig Whyte will probably be the man ! And if anyone reads AJ's words carefully they will see that the door was very much still opened to Whyte

the debt is the prob i think with regards to AJ hence why they cant afford to wipe the debt and fund the squad without the banks, but i also think AJ and others know there is money to be made regarding the land etc, i think whyte can go from the word go as far as re-development goes and the rest see this and perhaps want the best of both worlds but in order to do so they will have to wait till they have the funds which may see the banks getting hit for loans for the development side of things.

thees are loads of possibles when we dont get told nowt about what is really going on

the debt is the prob i think with regards to AJ hence why they cant afford to wipe the debt and fund the squad without the banks, but i also think AJ and others know there is money to be made regarding the land etc, i think whyte can go from the word go as far as re-development goes and the rest see this and perhaps want the best of both worlds but in order to do so they will have to wait till they have the funds which may see the banks getting hit for loans for the development side of things.

thees are loads of possibles when we dont get told nowt about what is really going on

I get the distinct impression that Whyte is now seen as being inevitable- that is purely guess-work by me, but I just sense the man is determined enough, has a definitive plan that has impressed many people, and we have no other serious options

The question that i would ask to paul murray and dave king is if te really had Rangers interest at heart - why have the waited till now to do this and not 2 years ago? Or is it more the case that King has realised the reality of getting 600k for his £20 million investment!

In my opinion it has to Whyte who takes over

Funny how once Whyte said he'd put his own board in place AJ and crew decide he's not in good enough standings. I agree with eskbankloyal. If they rely wanted te take over fer Rangers why wait till now. AJ has been here and has had the time te buy or invest and on the brink of finalization he suddenly comes up with this 2nd option. Suspect!

Herald Sport understands that the consortium members have learned that their plan is not seen as an attractive alternative to the bid put in place by Whyte, although Whyte himself would be receptive to an approach from King and Paul Murray if their offer of a £25m investment is genuine.

This is the thing I don't get, if Whyte is receptive then why are Murray and King so against Whyte's offer.

The only offer I am behind is one that gets rid of the debt.

This is the thing I don't get, if Whyte is receptive then why are Murray and King so against Whyte's offer.

The only offer I am behind is one that gets rid of the debt.

because murray and kings investment isnt for the good of rangers, they can see that there is a very good deal to be made here i.e. pick up the club dirt cheap.

they will only put there money in if they get ownership, dnt be fooled by anyone who claims they arnt in this for a profit.

imo

The only offer I am behind is one that gets rid of the debt.sdm should sell his shares 50/50 to white and (murray/king)then no one man is in control again?let eveyone unite for the good of rangers fc. :cheers:

Guest therabbitt

Whyte will pay lipservice to the committee then we'll have a new owner, win or lose tomorrow. I thought it was going to be this weekend, but it seems like it's been held up again, if only for another couple of days.