The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

When will Spangles arrive with another 'not got a pot to piss in comment' and then fail to provide any evidence to prove his statement , when challengend he will ask YOU to provide proof he does :lol:

:lol: Must admit though, he keeps my feet on the ground when I get excited about the deal finally going through ;)

Spangles and others are right to ask questions.

Even if Whyte does takeover today we can't judge his plans until we actually seem them put into action.

(tu) Exactly, could be like Diouf, all talk, no action. But I can't help myself getting carried away if this goes through. I'm glad there is level headed people like yourself on here though.

you heard anythign about today frankie or have you stopped playing the prediction game..... :sherlock:

All things considered (today's media comments, Whyte in Edinburgh and some texts this morning via the grapevine) I think we must be closer than ever before.

I'm just debating whether to write a main GN site article welcoming Whyte to Rangers. But that's perhaps a bit premature...

Surely it can't be delayed again though!

All things considered (today's media comments, Whyte in Edinburgh and some texts this morning via the grapevine) I think we must be closer than ever before.

I'm just debating whether to write a main GN site article welcoming Whyte to Rangers. But that's perhaps a bit premature...

Frankie in any normal takeover it would seem not. However this seems anything but strightforward so no doubt it will be mate haha

Your fingers must be already scortched in that department.... ;)

i would be very surprised if it was completed this week but what do i know....well about as much as everyone else probably.... :D

I just don't wnat it to be today as then speirs would be able to say his inside knowl...guesswork was correct....

Your fingers must be already scortched in that department.... ;)

i would be very surprised if it was completed this week but what do i know....well about as much as everyone else probably.... :D

I just don't wnat it to be today as then speirs would be able to say his inside knowl...guesswork was correct....

Nah, not too scorched thankfully. My information throughout has been pretty good and worth posting even with the risk of embarrassment:

- Interim financials delayed (on Twitter first - followed by media)

- Ongoing funding outstanding issue (on Twitter first - followed by Iain King later that day)

- Other bid rumoured (on Twitter first - followed by media)

- Deal to go through 2 weeks ago (on Twitter first - but change of heart from AJ scuppered that)

- 'Working capital' still an issue (on Twitter first last Thursday - in media this week (same terminology)

Not perfect but not bad either.

I'll give Spiers his due though here - he may well not be far off with his prediction.

Craig Whyte is holding further talks with Sir David Murray in Edinburgh with a view to finally completing his proposed takeover of Rangers.

Whyte arrived in Scotland early on Thursday morning and will not leave until a decision is made either way.

He has agreed terms with Murray to buy his 85% share in the club and to pay off Rangers' £22m debt.

However, some members of the Rangers board are yet to be convinced by Whyte's long-term plans.

The independent sub-committee of board members only has the power to delay any transaction but Whyte, who's interest in buying the Ibrox club became known in November, is growingly increasingly exasperated by the length of time the deal is taking.

Chairman Alastair Johnston, chief executive Martin Bain, Donald McIntyre and John Greig are the men on the sub-committee.

On 19 April, Johnston released a statement casting doubts about the level of investment coming from Whyte and asking for time to consider an alternative.

A week later, Johnston made something of a U-turn, saying: "The committee are now much closer to viewing Craig Whyte's bid as the right one for Rangers."

One of Whyte's early promises was to provide £25m over five seasons towards strengthening the playing squad.

But a source close to the negotiations told BBC Scotland in early April that the businessman had decided to make available "significantly more" than the average sum of £5m-a-season to Ally McCoist when he succeeds current manager Walter Smith at the start of next term.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13292829.stm

10,000 posts in Blackburn, Lancashire,

And though the posts were rather small,

Nobody was really sure if they could fill the Albert Hall............

This just in....(sound of ticker-tape machine)

A man has flown into an airport and is meeting another man in a location nearby.

Neither man has a pot with him. :sherlock:

More later................48-hours later. :rolleyes:

Nah, not too scorched thankfully. My information throughout has been pretty good and worth posting even with the risk of embarrassment:

- Interim financials delayed (on Twitter first - followed by media)

- Ongoing funding outstanding issue (on Twitter first - followed by Iain King later that day)

- Other bid rumoured (on Twitter first - followed by media)

- Deal to go through 2 weeks ago (on Twitter first - but change of heart from AJ scuppered that)

- 'Working capital' still an issue (on Twitter first last Thursday - in media this week (same terminology)

Not perfect but not bad either.

I'll give Spiers his due though here - he may well not be far off with his prediction.

Was a joke mate, I'm glad you post what you post as i know it won't be bullshit.... ;)

Craig Whyte is holding further talks with Sir David Murray in Edinburgh with a view to finally completing his proposed takeover of Rangers.

Whyte arrived in Scotland early on Thursday morning and will not leave until a decision is made either way.

He has agreed terms with Murray to buy his 85% share in the club and to pay off Rangers' £22m debt.

However, some members of the Rangers board are yet to be convinced by Whyte's long-term plans.

The independent sub-committee of board members only has the power to delay any transaction but Whyte, who's interest in buying the Ibrox club became known in November, is growingly increasingly exasperated by the length of time the deal is taking.

Chairman Alastair Johnston, chief executive Martin Bain, Donald McIntyre and John Greig are the men on the sub-committee.

On 19 April, Johnston released a statement casting doubts about the level of investment coming from Whyte and asking for time to consider an alternative.

A week later, Johnston made something of a U-turn, saying: "The committee are now much closer to viewing Craig Whyte's bid as the right one for Rangers."

One of Whyte's early promises was to provide £25m over five seasons towards strengthening the playing squad.

But a source close to the negotiations told BBC Scotland in early April that the businessman had decided to make available "significantly more" than the average sum of £5m-a-season to Ally McCoist when he succeeds current manager Walter Smith at the start of next term.

Was a joke mate, I'm glad you post what you post as i know it won't be bullshit.... ;)

I know that mate - just wanted to get it down for prosperity... :D

As always it's good fun to post rumours and as long as people treat them in the spirit they're offered it's worth sharing.

FWIW, I still don't think there's a definitive deadline on any talks (ultimatums make for good press only) but it does look like we're as close as we've ever been to SDM leaving our club.

What a load of speculated piffle.

BBC Scotland "understands" is their byword on the TV news. They're no closer to the truth of this than any on here.

I still say regards this man - be sure you want what you wish for. :sherlock:

What a load of speculated piffle.

BBC Scotland "understands" is their byword on the TV news. They're no closer to the truth of this than any on here.

I still say regards this man - be sure you want what you wish for. :sherlock:

I hope this is true as it means an end is in sight either way.

We are still going a bit into the unknown until the deal is done and plans are revealed, but paying off the debt and getting Murray out are two massive factors and I don't realistically see anything making me think that this deal would be worse than the current situation.

I could of course be wrong and the hidden secrets that you and others fear to share for legal reasons may be far worse, but I just don't see how at this moment in time.

Fs i just checked the posts of users in this thread and Gunslinger has nearly 900 posts and over 500 more than the next top poster in this thread :(

Those with most to say have least worth listening to.

If the Whyte bid is genuinely as bad as they make out, I would expect all board members opposing it to walk out. I know I would if I thought it was unworkable and going to damage the club. I wouldn't want anything to do with it.

The fact they haven't done so yet gives me hope it's not really all that bad and its just posturing and gamesmanship taking place.