The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

One thing that concerns me a wee bit is the 5 million a year , don't mean to be greedy mr whyte but we need a bit more than that this summer with the amount of player leaving including the loan players ,

10 million. Please

I would imagine 5 million per year of five years the manager can either spent 5 mill per year or blow the whole 25 in one year.

So if he spends 10 mill this season he wont need to spend as much next so it will basically even itself out.

That is how I see it anyway

£5m is fine.

I'd not even look to 'buy' any players with that. Put it all to wages/signing on fees for the incredible amount of good Bosmans on the go this year.

Agreed.

5 million, net, a year to supplement our team is fine with me. Plenty good players to be found out there cheap or free.

The days of splashing millions are gone and a part of me is glad.

One thing that concerns me a wee bit is the 5 million a year , don't mean to be greedy mr whyte but we need a bit more than that this summer with the amount of player leaving including the loan players ,

10 million. Please

We'll also get any money from player sales

Agreed.

5 million, net, a year to supplement our team is fine with me. Plenty good players to be found out there cheap or free.

I'm delighted about it tbh.

Obviously it makes it more exciting as a fan if you are signing well known players on massive contracts, but we have proven over the past two years that we simply do not have to do that to be the best team in the SPL and compete in Europe.

If I was Ally and given 5 mil i'd straight away get Davis and Bougherra on new contracts. Try and get Bartley and Weiss back plus Goodwillie. If not Weiss then another option for me would maybe be Conway, not sure what other Bears think of him?

Anything after that is probably just making up some numbers with some good back ups and players to push for positions.

I'd love to see Adel Taraabt at Ibrox, wouldn't happen though :(

The problem is when all you can find is dodgy deals.....

But you're right stop looking to deep into things it's only the future of the club we are talking about here....

You’re a proper moron. Honestly, if all “you can find” is dodgy deals why has he never been to jail for the likes of fraud, embezzlement etc etc etc?

Fucking hell hahahaha

Agreed.

me to mate. perfectly happy for a greater focus on youths and on having a sustainable wage bill.

but we must be able to offer more than 1 year deals.

it might be I'm not sure , if that's the case then its a good thing . More money the better ,

You have to remember that Rangers FC makes a profit every year as well mate.

Getting rid of the debt is the major issue here.

The club makes profit, takes in CL money (hopefully!) and we will no doubt have player sales as well.

I'd think this 5 million will be over and above the money that would normally be made available for transfers.