The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

For the first time since November something real is happening.

It's a good kind of scared.

ive never bought into that nothings happening stuff.

of course something was happening just slowly and rather unknown what.

this could still collapse but whytes now spent 100's of thousands on this deal it was never imaginary as some suggested.

exciting times i say.

nervous excitment

I'm not so sure, apart from the screens of course, the outside is a bit outdated in places too. But I don't see much that is essential.

A lick of paint wouldn't go a miss, but I can't see much else on the naked eye that screams neglection.

I think its been looking out dated for a few years now.

The elder guy from the RST said, when asked by Tanner what is Craig Whyte taking on, 'A stadium that needs alot of work done to it..' Then went onto list a squad that needs new players etc.

But the stadium was the first thing he said, the stadium would be the last thing I'd mention.

Something we don't know? There was alot of talk about our burst water pipes and more being to it than thought.

Just throwing that out there.

some people have said up to 12 million needs to be spent in the papers.

if so no wonder its a large concern.

I'm not so sure, apart from the screens of course, the outside is a bit outdated in places too. But I don't see much that is essential.

A lick of paint wouldn't go a miss, but I can't see much else on the naked eye that screams neglection.

can't see where these figures come from. one article quoted 12m in repairs . fuck me, the taigs built a stadium for not much more than that

can't see where these figures come from. one article quoted 12m in repairs . fuck me, the taigs built a stadium for not much more than that

There stadium is an absolute mess in comparison. They'd be aswell knocking it down and starting again. But I'm sure they'll get a lovely helping hand with the Commonwealth games coming up.

Come 2moro their debt 'Could' be double what ours may be

Ours - this supposed £4m

Theirs - last I heard £9m

Carlsberg don't do thursdays......

(tu)

Their debt is much higher than that. They have loads of trade debt that does not get counted in their Net Debt figure. Its similar to the £8 million or so that we paid off last season for old transfers. (tu)

Their debt is much higher than that. They have loads of trade debt that does not get counted in their Net Debt figure. Its similar to the £8 million or so that we paid off last season for old transfers. (tu)

indeed the do.

over 10 million quids worth the last i saw.

there credit rating is also worse than ours :)

There stadium is an absolute mess in comparison. They'd be aswell knocking it down and starting again. But I'm sure they'll get a lovely helping hand with the Commonwealth games coming up.

we are both getting money.

though they are getting some for structural work we arent. surprise surprise

While his motives are a bit murky i'll stay positive and hope that he sees us as a money making business that is going to help his profile in the business world as it did for SDM , Ellis is slighlty different , maybe he sees the ground in and around the stadium as his money maker while also raising his profile , with no debt and hopefully continuous runs in Europe we are a VERY attractive business to have IMO , making £6-8m a season etc .

Only time will tell

IMO this is going to be great for rangers, while only thinking good things will happen as all bears would wish for our club.

But you have to ask what ellis really brings to the table? If he's not putting money in then what else is he bringing? His propery dev skills? other investors? Knowledge of the football community?

All in all we dont know, and as stated before this could go either way after the take over

Granted we couldnt get into a worse position than we are in (well without the unthinkable happening) but untill we know what plans are in our future and who will be in day to day control of our club I"ll reserve my judgement untill these things are made clearer.

I hope this is what we ultimately need as a football club, but as a business I'm not so sure.