Borussia Dortmund go 10 points clear

H72

Dortmund just defeated Nurnberg 2-0 away from home for their 8th straight win on the road. Goals from Hummels and Lewandowski proved enough for Jürgen Klopp's side as they eased through the game with complete control over a rather nervy looking Nurnberg team. Nuri Sahin was the stand-out performer and it was a quiet game for Kagawa, although he still showed glimpses of his ability at times with bursting runs through the middle and always looked involved.

Sahin's magnificent delivery for Hummels' goal inside the first half allowed the centre-half to place a well-taken diving header into the bottom right-hand corner of the Nurnberg net. It was towards the end of the game that Robert Lewandowski took a touch to set himself, inside the box, and then turned beautifully to seal the win.

They had already secured the top spot for the winter break after Mainz lost 2-1 to Eintracht Frankfurt yesterday, but this latest victory leaves them 10 points aloft of a very exciting Bundesliga! :D

Ach, hate not being able to watch the Bundesliga. Always liked Lewandowski. It's gonna take something special to stop them.

They were in complete control of the match today.

The Nurnberg Ultras and the Dortmund support. :praise:

The Bundesliga is the best league in the world. A model for everyone to follow.

Since I don't have ESPN anymore I haven't been able to watch any Bundesliga this year, so I literally have no idea how Dortmund are playing, but I have to admit it is a superb sight to see them top of the Bundesliga again, kind of like a blast from the past in a way, and I've never really liked Dortmund too much.

Has any foreign player played for the same club for longer than Dede has played for Dortmund (currently in his 13th season) ?

Could be a good quiz question that

I was wondering how long he'd been there when he came off the bench today. That's crazy. 13 seasons!

Had a soft spot for Dortmund for years, one of the grounds I would absolutely love to visit. Their support is fantastic!

Hope they keep up the good work. (tu)

The Westfalenstadion was a source of inspiration for the redevelopment of Ibrox after the disaster. A beautiful ground. I'd love to go there, too.

Equal record held by Bayern Munich for most consecutive away wins and best start to a Bundesliga season.

Kagawa and Subotic were fantastic. Like the look of Robert Mak and Julian Schieber for Nurnberg.

Equal record held by Bayern Munich for most consecutive away wins and best start to a Bundesliga season.

Kagawa and Subotic were fantastic. Like the look of Robert Mak and Julian Schieber for Nurnberg.

Schieber created himself a glorious chance in the second half which he, well and truly, fucked up. Could've really gave Nurnberg a good chance of taking something from the game.

Was he at Man City? That name rings a bell.