Favourite Piece of Commentating?

Papa Sasac

HE'S SCORED! HES SCORED! MCDONALD'S SCORED FOR MOTHERWELL! Not a Rangers game, but am no worried.

That bit of commentary is actually in Tom Hark which I've got on my iPod.

The guy just seemed to lose it :lol:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"John Brown ends the match as a contest with that rifling left-foot shot!"

"McCoist on the far siiiide, that's a super goal! And Rangers have now thoroughly killed off this European Cup tie."

Not even a Rangers attack let alone a goal but this classic Archie MacPhersonism: "And swept awayyyyyyyyy".

Christ, there are millions.

"Manchester's not going to be big enough!.....Manchester brace yourself. Rangers are coming!!!" or words to that effect. Wonderful.

:crabflute:

Easily my all time favourite. :clap: I still get goosebumps at the sentence immediately after Nacho scored that unforgettable penalty kick ' RANGERS ARE COMING.' :praise:

apart from the obvious ones i always loved Lovenkrands 92nd min winner in the 03 cup final against septic..... Rob Mclean (i think): And Rangers had a real strong claim for a penalty.... McCann's cross!.....LOVENKRANDS!!! HE'S SCORED THIS TIME! AND HE'S WON THE CUP FOR RANGERS!

From the same game...

"This time it's Albertz on the chase.....he's tested Celtic already once with a driven shot, THIS ONE'S MCCOIST! 1-0 to Rangers and it's the old stager who's done it again for Walter Smith. How often has this man been the scurge of Celtic"

"Laudrup to his right, McCoist through the middle.....he's not going to need any of them, HE'S GOING TO GO ALL THE WAY!"

Amazing thread. When I read some of the posts, i can hear it in my ears like it was happening.

So many memories Bears. WATP!

Great thread. Must be a sticky? (At least for a while :-) )

(tu)

EDIT: I should have added.. there are many. But certainly. Darcheville. Davis. DARCHEVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Against whom? Yup. Destiny awaits us in Dublin. That 2008 run, was epic. Only to be matched, and outdone by... this year. Believe folks!

All from 2008.

"Rangers, semi finalists!"

"The ball isn't sat on the spot"

"With one kick of the ball"

"Manchester brace yourself..."

"They find a way. Amazing!"

Also last year's league cup final.

"Unbelievable, the 9 men of Rangers... It was going to take a special cross and a special finish and we had both!"

Aye, I like it but its not my favourite either. Its at the end of this video, which I also like. :sherlock:

That is a cracking wee video! Made me grin like fuck watching it.

My fave ones are -

"Thats McCoist with the acrobatic effort!! McCoist does it for Rangers! He scores in the most spectacular fashion and Rangers go in front again" - Against Hibs in the Skol Cup Final

"Is there going to be a twist in the tail? LOVENKRANDS!!! YES THERE IS! PETER LOVENKRANDS, IT HAD TO BE HIM" - Against Celtic in the Scottish Cup Final

Amazing thread. When I read some of the posts, i can hear it in my ears like it was happening.

So many memories Bears. WATP!

Great thread. Must be a sticky? (At least for a while :-) )

(tu)

EDIT: I should have added.. there are many. But certainly. Darcheville. Davis. DARCHEVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Against whom? Yup. Destiny awaits us in Dublin. That 2008 run, was epic. Only to be matched, and outdone by... this year. Believe folks!

All from 2008.

"Rangers, semi finalists!"

"The ball isn't sat on the spot"

"With one kick of the ball"

"Manchester brace yourself..."

"They find a way. Amazing!"

Also last year's league cup final.

"Unbelievable, the 9 men of Rangers... It was going to take a special cross and a special finish and we had both!"

Making me blush. :blush:

Il go for a different approach.

Nov 1997 when we beat timmys 1-0 at piggery and laudrup scored the winner in 8 mins. Then they get a penalty in 86 mins.

'its van hooijdonk to keep his nerve and keep celtic top of the table, OH AND GORAM.

If you look at goram in the video he calls van hooijdonk a black b*stard