Beattie - will he ever come good?

nvager

He seems to have the right attitude, but is nowhere near match fit as he was injured etc; looks slow too; has scored 0 goals; yet because of his attitude a good few seem to like him.

I really hope he succeeds, but somehow think he is over the hill like Velicka and maybe injury prone like Webster?

What are his chances especially with Lafferty and Jelavic returning?

his pace is declining but his size and strength are exactly what we need against spl defenders. we've seen this season sometimes we need a big man to hold it up and bring others in and beatts will give us that. when he came on vs ICT it made a massive difference and we had chances being created. game time needed but he will be a great partner for kenny/naisy in domestic competition.

Stoke have fucked him upo IMO. He was doing great for them his first season and then that wank Pulis decided he didn't like him and then he hardly ever played again, hope he comes good, I like him.

I think that he is being portayed as useless because of his lack of games but as far as i am aware his lack of games ws down to a fairly serious injury at the begining of the season.

I believe he has now recovered from that injury and now requires games to be match fit.

I think it fair to judge him from Xmas onwards as he is now fit as was proven by his substitute appearance in recent games.

I seem to remember mark hately starting his rangers career in a similar fashion.

Give him a chance I think he will come good

Hateley was fucking awful :lol:

I wasn't very fond of him at all as my hero Ally was stuck on the bench but he went on to become a legend.

Can't see Beattie making the same impact but he will be important and make a contribution to 3 in a row IMO.

A panic buy, it seems. I thought we were past signings like him.

I wouldn't go as far as panic buy, more of a gamble. I agree I hoped we were past signings like James Beattie, a good player a few years ago but clearly past his best and struggles badly with injuries.

I don't want to be overly negative but at this point it does look like a waste of money, I am not sure how match fit he will ever be able to get.

Like always I would very happy for him to prove me wrong.

I wouldn't go as far as panic buy, more of a gamble. I agree I hoped we were past signings like James Beattie, a good player a few years ago but clearly past his best and struggles badly with injuries.

I don't want to be overly negative but at this point it does look like a waste of money, I am not sure how match fit he will ever be able to get.

Like always I would very happy for him to prove me wrong.

I think if the Jelavic deal had been completed then we wouldn't have signed Beattie. Although, I agree, I would be happy for him to prove me wrong.

Cant see him coming good. He looks slower than big Davie fs. How will he get past the likes of Kenneth or diamond? I'm probably faster than him.

Waste of 1.5mil that could have been spent on a younger and better talent.

I think if the Jelavic deal had been completed then we wouldn't have signed Beattie. Although, I agree, I would be happy for him to prove me wrong.

I'd agree with that. It was starting to look like Jelavic wasn't going to sign, so we needed someone else. Then we got both, and injuries haven't helped our James at all. :(

It reminds me of another past everton striker we had Francis Jeffers and i think this will go the same way.

And how many times over the years we buy somone and about a month later they,re on the injury table

Yet we didnt buy john hartson on medical grounds .

I seem to remember mark hately starting his rangers career in a similar fashion.

Give him a chance I think he will come good

Was thinking the same about Hateley. Fingers crossed Beattie comes onto his game, but my gut feeling says differently. Hope he proves me wrong!

Stoke have fucked him upo IMO. He was doing great for them his first season and then that wank Pulis decided he didn't like him and then he hardly ever played again, hope he comes good, I like him.

Nothing to do with serious injuries?

Far too injury-prone.

A pity we've had a couple of call-off's as Beattie needs games. By the time he's fully fit, Jelavic will be back in the team.

Given his injury past, lack of games and little pre-season, the money should have gone on other areas of the park, but once again, when we had little money, two strikers were brought in whilst other areas of the park were left bare.

Still lack a right, left midfielder/winger, a creative presence and something at the back. Over the years we've spent a lot of money on central midfielders and strikers: Mendes, Thomson, Edu, McCulloch (played there for two seasons), Davis, Cousin, Lafferty, Velicka, Miller plus bosmans/loans and what was already at the club.