Walking Up To The Stadium.

Been on the site for ages just never posted before.

Anyway, walking up to the stadium did you not just get a feeling that it wasn't like any other old firm game? There was something different about the atmosphere. We were over confident.

I do believe we will come back stronger from this. Players are needing a reality check.

Been on the site for ages just never posted before.

Anyway, walking up to the stadium did you not just get a feeling that it wasn't like any other old firm game? There was something different about the atmosphere. We were over confident.

I do believe we will come back stronger from this. Players are needing a reality check.

Very good opening post.

I was over confident also. Never felt like this before an old firm game. We should never take these games for granted.

Everyone on the park looked like they had never seen each other before. Ness was the only one making his old firm debut so out off all he maybe would have been the one making mistakes but in my own opinion he was our best player on the park. Am sure Weiss was maybe making his old firm debut also but he has been in the team all season. Ness is going to be a great player for us.

I was over confident. The atmosphere was awful too throughout, even before they scored. Before the game when the c*ltic bus arrived and everyone was waiting at the main door, people were singing and after their team had been off the bus and into the stadium, I heard someone say "it wasn't as.. as it usually is" - I can't remember the exact word he used, but basically meant that it wasn't as fierece etc as it usual is. Was weird!

This is why you can/should never be over confident going into an Old Firm game. You just can't predict what will happen. We had every reason to believe we ould/should have won by a decent margin today! Everyone at the club from top to bottom seemed convinced we would. I include myself in that, up to about 11:30 last night. Don't know why, but I just got a bad feeling about today & never shook it off.

You're right though mate, we'll take this as a kick up the arse & come back much stronger for this, of that, I have no doubt!!

Said to the wife today, was first game between the two sides ever where i didnt get palpatations and a nervousness whilst watching the game, she felt the same. I didnt get any special feelinsgs or any excitement.

Was wierd.

i felt the exact same, i always get nervous or get palpataions before an OF game, strangely not this one though? weird indeed <cr>

Was very weird - I had a bad feeling after all the confidence people were expressing this week. I'm overseas in the States, but when I woke up this morning to catch the match, it was really eerie outside - all dreich and foggy, and so quiet you could hear a pin drop. Just gave me a creepy gut feeling it would not go our way today.

I didnt feel that usual buzz, but i put that down to not feeling too good. Now it seems plenty others shared the same feeling, i felt somehow empty, the mood appeared rather sombre throughout the ground, as i was walking past the Greig statue with the floral tributes, having taken a few moments to show my respect, I was thinking to myself "you would think it was a game against Kilmarnock, not Celtic". There was just absolutely no pent up excitement, the usual feeling of being part of a crowd, of the pure hatred directed towards the scum, it just wasnt there. And so proved our team and fan performance today, just not there.