Steven Davis

kplfishtank

ive been sitting on this for a while but i reckon the wee man should be put back out wide right as he has been pretty poor since his switch to his "best: position

after all he did win player of year playing mostly as right sided

He has played most of his games on the right wing this season. He has played about 5 or 6 in central midfield.

He has played most of his games on the right wing this season. He has played about 5 or 6 in central midfield.

never seen these games but anytime ive seen hoim in middle i think he has been poor

and im not fishing as its not something i do

I would only play Davis at RM if we where playing a god attacking wing back. If Davis drifts in then it leaves a huge gap for us to overlap. I wish Whittaker would get back to good form then I would be happy enough to play Davis there.

Or....

....................McCulloch

.............Davis .......Ness/Edu

Laffery.............Miller...........Naismith

i think we should do this or either drop McCulloch for Ness, but you know this wont happen.

Drop Davis for Ness, no joke. Out of McCulloch, Davis, Ness and Hutton, he is the one most deserving of a spell sat down.

I find it quite interesting, Davis has hardly kicked a ball all season, yet, the player who most were happy to drive out of Ibrox as he "wasnt good enough" is currently performing bloody well in the EPL, after helping his rather unfancied team into that league from the championship, basically, he is completely outplaying ALL of our current midfield.

Steven Davis is a much better CM than he is RW.

It can't help when the whole of the midfield (bar Naismith) goes missing for large spells of the game. When Davis is out right and not getting the ball he tucks way in and narrows the pitch and offers no width on the right and the LB/LW can charge forward into the open space and get a two on one situation at Foster/Whittaker/Broadfoot. Edu and McCulloch provide nothing in CM, get overrun, get caught out of position, don't track runners, don't press the opposition and offer nothing going forward. At least when Davis is in there he provides us with an attacking option and a midfielder who is comfortable on the ball. But at the same time Davis has to be criticised because bar a few games, and a few good second half performances he was been very very poor this season and needs to step up!

Weiss---Davis---Edu---Naismith.

Steven Davis is a much better CM than he is RW.

It can't help when the whole of the midfield (bar Naismith) goes missing for large spells of the game. When Davis is out right and not getting the ball he tucks way in and narrows the pitch and offers no width on the right and the LB/LW can charge forward into the open space and get a two on one situation at Foster/Whittaker/Broadfoot. Edu and McCulloch provide nothing in CM, get overrun, get caught out of position, don't track runners, don't press the opposition and offer nothing going forward. At least when Davis is in there he provides us with an attacking option and a midfielder who is comfortable on the ball. But at the same time Davis has to be criticised because bar a few games, and a few good second half performances he was been very very poor this season and needs to step up!

Weiss---Davis---Edu---Naismith.

Good mention of Naismith, this season he looks like the player he was meant to be

I dont see how you can say Davis provides something, yet, Edu and McCulloch dont? Based on what? reputation? Both of them appear (strangely) to be more of a goal threat, Lee is far better defensively as well. Weiss regularly gets the term flatter to decieve levelled at him, yet, Davis doesnt? Why not? I mentioned Charlie Adam before, the player that was hounded and forced out, yet, based on the last 18 months, I would pick him over Davis every single time.

Am not denying in any way that Davis is obviously a talent and I am delighted to have him, but, he doesnt seem to be using it often enough for me, perhaps there is a reason, but, in recent weeks, in his favoured position, he has been outshone by McCulloch, and, especially young Ness, so, something is amiss

Drop Davis for Ness, no joke. Out of McCulloch, Davis, Ness and Hutton, he is the one most deserving of a spell sat down.

I find it quite interesting, Davis has hardly kicked a ball all season, yet, the player who most were happy to drive out of Ibrox as he "wasnt good enough" is currently performing bloody well in the EPL, after helping his rather unfancied team into that league from the championship, basically, he is completely outplaying ALL of our current midfield.

This, in every fuckin' word (tu).

Totally agree with this. If we have Davis playing RM, we absolutely need quality coming down that wing because Davis spends all game drifting inside. Its not a bad tactic if employed correctly, actually!

It would maybe work well in Davis's favour too, as if hes drifting inside then it will be harder for him to be marked so he could create more. Ten the left back doesnt know who to focus on Davis or Whittaker which creates more havoc. This could work but only as you say, if employed correctly.

I would only play Davis at RM if we where playing a god attacking wing back. If Davis drifts in then it leaves a huge gap for us to overlap. I wish Whittaker would get back to good form then I would be happy enough to play Davis there.

Or....

....................McCulloch

.............Davis .......Ness/Edu

Laffery.............Miller...........Naismith

eh i don`t see jelavic or fleck in that team :5536: .....

eh i don`t see jelavic or fleck in that team :5536: .....

I was meaning while Jelavic was injured, then Id probably go 442. And in that formation Fleck wouldnt fit in, hes an Attacking Mid. I dont see the need to try and mae plyersfit into a posistion that isnt their own.

IMO you pick your tactics then the players who would play best in that formation, I get the feeling Walter picks his players then tries to make a formation with it.

I was meaning while Jelavic was injured, then Id probably go 442. And in that formation Fleck wouldnt fit in, hes an Attacking Mid. I dont see the need to try and mae plyersfit into a posistion that isnt their own.

IMO you pick your tactics then the players who would play best in that formation, I get the feeling Walter picks his players then tries to make a formation with it.

yes fleck is an attacking midfileder, one we are crying out for

the bit about the tactics and the players is spot on

yes fleck is an attacking midfileder, one we are crying out for

the bit about the tactics and the players is spot on

i agree we are crying out for an attacking midfielder namely one that can actually play a telling forward pass as we are far too slow going forward for my liking but im afraid young fleck is not up to it. iv never seen him play and thought to myself "this lad is or is going to be something special"

hopefully he will prove me wrong but iv been waiting for the last few seasons to be proven wrong with fleck and its still not happened.

all my opinion of course :-)

I prefer him on the right as well.

As said already, he mainly drifts into the center anyway and I don't think it's any coincidence that we saw the best of Whittaker, and Bougherra for that matter, when he was out there.

Davis playing right allowed Whittaker to overlap on the right and get into attacking positions and score goals. Going defensive, he also offered a lot more cover for Whittaker and made us look a much more solid team.