39 SPL goals so far this season

GOAT

Do we rely on his pace though? I thought he lost that a while ago. It's his finishing that's improved as his pace has decreased.

I still think we are depending on his pace and quick ten yard burst.

Loads of his goals have come from his starting deep and accelerating quickly to get in front of his marker for a glance into the net.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no guarantee that Miller will score any more goals though, just as there's no guarantee that Jelavic/Lafferty wouldn't if they were given Miller's position should he leave.

Perhaps this is the end of Miller's hot streak, you could argue that as much as you could argue against any of the two players mentioned above walking into a hot streak. If it is, I'd rather move a player of his age on and bring in a young talent like Goodwillie.

In the summer aye, not half way through the season.

millers scored over 20 of them, but aye we can afford to lose him for 600k....:rollseyes:

we said the same thing when Boyd left and Miller stepped up to the plate, someone else will maybe even Goodwillie...

we said the same thing when Boyd left and Miller stepped up to the plate, someone else will maybe even Goodwillie...

Not me. Couldn't wait to get rid of him - many others felt the same.

I would still happily sacrifice Boyd's usual double in a 4-0 Ibrox win against Hamilton for the odd goal in a big game, at a big venue from Miller.

I can accept Miller going if Goodwillie is the direct replacement. That's building for the future (tu)

My only point wether you liked Boyd or not is Miller wasn't banging the goals in as much as he has done this season as he was playing a slightly different role because of Boyd.

We have the quality for someone to take over that position if Miller leaves.

I do believe we will get Goodwillie and maybe Miller is stalling until we do get him.

Goodwillie's spl scoring record is 10 of the 18 Goals utd have scored, considering his age, the lesser numbers of chances (probable)poorer quality team mates is there an arguement to suggest his record is more impressive that Millers?

Not me. Couldn't wait to get rid of him - many others felt the same.

I would still happily sacrifice Boyd's usual double in a 4-0 Ibrox win against Hamilton for the odd goal in a big game, at a big venue from Miller.

I can accept Miller going if Goodwillie is the direct replacement. That's building for the future (tu)

the only real difference between boyd and miller in terms of goalscoring is that miller scored a good few against celtic .

other than that what goals has miller scored in big games ? thee cup final against st. mirren is all i can think really

boyd also scored more in europe if im correct ,( might be wrong )

they are both average players. boyd has easily been replaced and miller will be

Kenny Miller really isn't that quick, this is shown in Europe.

(tu) don't know why people always mention Kenny Millers pace, he's probably our slowest attacking player apart from Beattie, then again my maw would probably look like she had pace running against the SPL dross defenders

the only real difference between boyd and miller in terms of goalscoring is that miller scored a good few against celtic .

other than that what goals has miller scored in big games ? thee cup final against st. mirren is all i can think really

boyd also scored more in europe if im correct ,( might be wrong )

they are both average players. boyd has easily been replaced and miller will be

Exactly millers record in Europe and for Scotland is horrible

Exactly millers record in Europe and for Scotland is horrible

This is what I mean when I said earlier about people justifying this whatever way they can get their hands on to take them feel better.

You said yoruself earlier that you don't want him to go, yet on the other hand you accuse him of having horrible records for Rangers. What's it to be? going on your posts you either don't know what you want or you keep trying to play devil's advocate and failing.

This is what I mean when I said earlier about people justifying this whatever way they can get their hands on to take them feel better.

You said yoruself earlier that you don't want him to go, yet on the other hand you accuse him of having horrible records for Rangers. What's it to be? going on your posts you either don't know what you want or you keep trying to play devil's advocate and failing.

At the start I was just saying that jelavic will provide enough goals and that i don't want miller to go but I've accepted he is and that we have replacements and that 650k isn't great but it's not a shock that's what we were offered and have accepted

Now millers scoring form is great in the spl but when people talk about scoring in the big games I'm just agreeing that he doesn't score in Europe or an international level

This is such bogus logic

'Miller has scored half of our goals so when he leaves, our goals tally will decrease by 50%'

Apart from the obvious fact that someone else will replace him

No where in my post did I say that chief.....

No where in my post did I say that chief.....

It's the whole inferrance that because Miller has scored half our league goals, he is irreplaceable. We heard it all before with Boyd.

In 17 league games, Miller has only started up front with Beattie 3 times and Jelavic 3 times. In the rest he has played as a lone striker. It's obvious that someone playing up front on his own is going to score the majority of the team's goals. It's not like he's had a partner who's been hopeless in front of goal.

In total we have scored 51 goals this season and Miller has scored 22 of them. If/when he leaves who will replace him in the goalscoring charts?

Lafferty is nowhere near good enough to find the net week in week out, Beattie is never fit to get on the pitch, Naismith has scored 8 goals but is playing from a deeper position and won't be as profilic, Jelavic will take a few weeks to get back up to speed.

If Miller leaves I think we need to bring in a replacement who will guarantee goals.

In total we have scored 51 goals this season and Miller has scored 22 of them. If/when he leaves who will replace him in the goalscoring charts?

Lafferty is nowhere near good enough to find the net week in week out, Beattie is never fit to get on the pitch, Naismith has scored 8 goals but is playing from a deeper position and won't be as profilic, Jelavic will take a few weeks to get back up to speed.

If Miller leaves I think we need to bring in a replacement who will guarantee goals.

Welcome back, Mr Boyd! :-D

Guest SandyWATP

Course we would.

Rather he stayed though.

It's just the people questioning who'd replace his goals, they would be distributed throughout the team.

It's time others starting helping out, and chipping in with goals - that's with or without Miller/a replacement.

Too much expectation on Jelavic, he will take time to settle and find his feet.

If we sell Miller and don't replace him, then we are off our heads. Beattie and Lafferty are not the answer and Naismith should continue to play where he has for the majority of the season.