Rangers Back In The Hunt For Commons

"

Meanwhile, Rangers have stepped up their interest in Derby winger Kris Commons.

MailSport can reveal there has been dialogue between the club and the player’s agent over a pre-contract agreement.

Commons is out of contract this summer and is understood to be keen on a move to Ibrox.

Negotiations will continue and Gers are hopeful a deal can be struck that will see the player move north on a Bosman.

Derby have also offered the Scotland star fresh terms and boss Nigel Clough is facing an anxious wait to find out if he can keep his star man.

He said: “It’s a bit of a waiting game. Kris will meet his agent to talk over his latest offer.

“We have been talking again over Christmas and the New Year. However, we will wait first of all to see if accepts it and to see if anybody comes in with a bid for him in January."

”http://www.<No links to this website>/footbal...6908-22836617/

Exactly the type of player we should be looking to bring in.Would be a fantastic signing in my opinion.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already posted two posts below

doh Sorry, I missed that.

Nice to see our manager waxing lyrical about a certain Kilmarnock player...

The Rangers manager said: “Eremenko is probably as good a footballer as we’ve brought into the country for a number of years in terms of technique.

“His passing and influence on Killie has been terrific.”

Someone on here said something similar a while back. :pipe:

"

”http://www.<No links to this website>/footbal...6908-22836617/

Exactly the type of player we should be looking to bring in.Would be a fantastic signing in my opinion.

have watched this lad 4 or 5 times this season and i really think he would be a good player for us

I'd much rather take the chance on Conway on a free than Commons on a big wage on a free

On what basis?

Commons in the form of his life just now and has just broken into the national team, whereas Conway cannot stay off the treatment table.

I like Conway he's pretty direct and he delivers a good ball, but Commons is a far superior player and I think we already have enough players who "do a job" without ever being spectacular.

If we want a player on a free from Dundee Utd then it should be Gomis.

IMO of course.