Rangers Back In The Hunt For Commons

On what basis?

Commons in the form of his life just now and has just broken into the national team, whereas Conway cannot stay off the treatment table.

I like Conway he's pretty direct and he delivers a good ball, but Commons is a far superior player and I think we already have enough players who "do a job" without ever being spectacular.

If we want a player on a free from Dundee Utd then it should be Gomis.

IMO of course.

As you say its your opinion, Conway is at least an out and out left winger good pace, direct, great crosser and smashing at dead ball situations. he would likely cost about a third of what Commons would want. Commons is a player id love to see as Ibrox but he isnt a "winger" he plays all over the middle and behind the front two sometimes. The wages for Conway and Gomis i'd hazard a guess would be less than Commons would expect alone. IMO

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see all the clamber surrounding Craig Conway - in terms of ability, he couldn't look at Kris Commons.

Not a player I would like to see at The Rangers.

I like Craig Conway but he's too injury prone. Two footed, great delivery and a goal threat but until he gets the best of his problems, I hope we stay clear. Commons is a very good player though and would be a welcome addition to the team. If we have started talking to his agent, hopefully we can agree terms.

I hope this true, I've watched Commons for a while now and I'm a fan of his skill lol, to get him on a free would be great!

Walter hasn't the funds for his wages though or am I missing something?

i hope this is true, but i hope it doesnt rule out the dorrans stuff, im sure hes free in the summer too. Would be good to bring in both, As i dont see us having Weiss next year.

He still has 3 years to run on his current contract so I don't think we'll be seeing him any time soon.

He still has 3 years to run on his current contract so I don't think we'll be seeing him any time soon.

Hmmm, i thought i heard in one of the games broadcasted by sky this season saying he was still to put pen to paper.

If true and somehow we can manage to pull this coup off then it'd be a great bit of business.

Naturally left sided, good left peg, can put in a good ball, not hesitant to take on a man and can take a set-piece. Yes please.

We should be looking for a CB & CM too, do Walter & Ally think Davie Weir is capable of playing well into his 50s?

Don't know what sort of wages Commons is on, but I read somewhere that they (Derby) have offered him £15k+.

He is on 15k but some derby fans I know believe he's holding out for 20k plus in a new contract.