Boxing and MMA

1 hour ago, BookWorm said:

Could be that after seeing the Dubois fight, Fury now sees Usyk as an easier prospect than he thought. More likely that it won't go through though.

That was my first thought.

Knows if he targets the body, he's on a winner.

I expect some drama from Fury's camp in the lead up re the Ref and what's acceptable as a body shot, put some pressure on the Ref, and get in Usyk's head.

5 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

That was my first thought.

Knows if he targets the body, he's on a winner.

I expect some drama from Fury's camp in the lead up re the Ref and what's acceptable as a body shot, put some pressure on the Ref, and get in Usyk's head.

Aye no doubt there will be loads of nonsense from them in the build up, if they even go through with it at all. What you making of the Fury/Ngannou fight that's up next? I know you have said a few times you despise these novelty entertainment bouts but I actually think this one is quite interesting with the real Tyson in charge of Ngaannou's training camp. Obviously it is a warm up session for Fury and a fight he will breeze but I would love to see Ngannou connect with him with his full power.

4 minutes ago, BookWorm said:

Aye no doubt there will be loads of nonsense from them in the build up, if they even go through with it at all. What you making of the Fury/Ngannou fight that's up next? I know you have said a few times you despise these novelty entertainment bouts but I actually think this one is quite interesting with the real Tyson in charge of Ngaannou's training camp. Obviously it is a warm up session for Fury and a fight he will breeze but I would love to see Ngannou connect with him with his full power.

As you say, i despise them. It'll go as long at Fury wants it to go, with a wee bit of 'fake drama' thrown in, so idiots who pay to watch this nonsense don't feel as gullible as they are. 

Thankfully i'll be in Turkey when it's on, so miss all the circus.

35 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

As you say, i despise them. It'll go as long at Fury wants it to go, with a wee bit of 'fake drama' thrown in, so idiots who pay to watch this nonsense don't feel as gullible as they are. 

Thankfully i'll be in Turkey when it's on, so miss all the circus.

Nice one enjoy your trip.

3 hours ago, Redemption80 said:

Thought Charlo v Canelo would be more competitive but so far not the case, looks like he has already accepted the decision loss.

Going up 2 weight classes for Charlo was always going to be an issue.

Was just thinking about the fury fight and as much as I'd love to see him get knocked out I just can't see it but it got me looking at the heavyweight world rankings and most of them are basically journey men fighters .Can anyone tell me the last time the heavyweight division had nymore than 2 or 3 world class fighters because I definitely cant remember it.