Boxing and MMA

This is why I love RM no two posts seem to be of the same opinion.. Looking forward to it myself tho mate gonna be a close run thing but I can see Froch by late stoppage if not then by points

I think it's came to early for groves

He should have waited 12 month but I suppose he has to take the opportunity incase it never comes again

Terrible stoppage in the Coyle v Simpson fight.

Simpson was off balace, clear headed, solid legged, and although getting beaten, was still in the fight. The knockdowns were off balance rather than hard punches.

Bizarre stoppage from the ref

Phil Edwards is just a terrible referee.

GGG didn't have it all his own way, but Stevens went into survival mode after the knockdown in the 2nd round, and became a very awkward fighter to box. I doubt anyone could look great in there again a guy fighting like that.

Kudos to Stevens from getting up from that 2nd round knockdown though, it was close to the threshold of stoppage. Although, I do think if it happened 20 seconds earlier he wouldn't of got to the bell.

GGG didn't quite look the bulldozer he has been looking, but he still looked pretty good against an awkward fighter, who was fighting negatively. Perhaps GGG opened up a little too much against Stevens, and dropped his guard a bit - but then Stevens wasn't throwing much and was just looking to counter. He did get caught a few times, but was never in any danger. By the time the corner stopped it, Stevens was beginning to take a beating.

All in, whilst GGG looked human, he'll learn a few things from that fight, but then again, few top fighter fight in a style like that. I still think he beats everyone in the middleweight division, and fairly easily. Indeed, I reckon he'd stop most, if not all, of the top 10.

2 years ago I'd have sided with Martinez to beat him, as that's the type of style that will trouble Golovkin in my opinion. Now, however, I think Sergio is borderline shot and Golovkin just walks through him.

Golovkin proved he has the chin to go with his offensive style, so he's a tough out for any fighter. Between 160-168 the only guy I would pick over him is Andre Ward.

I think 168 is a gamble, I think GGG - like Arthur Abraham - is too small, but then it's an ageing division. Froch and Kessler surely don't have too much more left to give. You look at the up and comers, and I think they are a level below Froch/Kessler/Ward. Only Ward is the longer term thing, but he has LHW ambitions.

The thing that excites me about Golovkin is he has the power and the skills. His amateur record is outstanding, and you don't attain that without being a good boxer, you match that with chin, desire and genuine power.... you've got a special fighter.

Maybe, but I think he's more skillful than Abraham that his size disparity won't have that much of an affect. The guy has got it all IMO, can box off the back-foot as well - actually changed his style to be more offensive when he came to America.

He's next fighting in February in Monte Carlo, apparently against Martin Murray should Murray win his next fight.

He's a breath of fresh air

Fighting 4 times a yr instead of guys who fight once or twice which is ridiculous

Ali etc all fought regularly and fought better opponents

Nowadays they fight a few bums to protect their record and get far too easy a payday

He's a breath of fresh air

Fighting 4 times a yr instead of guys who fight once or twice which is ridiculous

Ali etc all fought regularly and fought better opponents

Nowadays they fight a few bums to protect their record and get far too easy a payday

Some boxers presumably value their health over their reputation :P

The more you fight, the more punches you take. Simple as that.

Tell you what after reading about george groves and adam booth involved in a £100k court battle which will go on for a bit yet i cant help but think if groves somehow pulls off a victory against froch it will go down in my eyes as one of the greatest british boxing achievements in many many years!

Its going to be a huge ask as it is but with this added pressure it only makes the task even greater!

Something stinks about there breakup big time!

Full respect for groves if he pulls this off, I myself just cant see it. (tu)