Boxing and MMA

On 11/12/2016 at 9:16 AM, Gillete said:

I'm finished betting on the UFC

every main card I put a bet on and wake up to check the results and I've never won 

too hard to get an accumulator with them. 

(tu):lol: It's too difficult a sport to bet on imo. Way too many variables which can effect a result. Boxing you can kinda predic which way a fight is gonna go 8 times out of 10, MMA a fighter can pull some ridiculous move out of nowhere to get the win or take advantage of the slightest mistake in the clinch or in guard to get the submission.

Don't think anyone of the bums AJ has fought have actually thrown a decent punch at him since he fought Whyte.

Not excited for the Klitschko fight either, he's an old man now that's not had a fight since Fury and he was fucking awful that night. 

Hopefully once that's out the way we'll see him in with Parker or Wilder but I won't hold my breath.

A 35yr old Klitschko in against Joshua would be interesting but.... he was 35yrs old in 2009. 

The fact at 41 he is still relevant shows

1) How good his attitude and general athletism is.

2) How weak the HW division is.

Wladimir Klitschko was a great champion and brilliant ambassador/role model for boxing. However his time has past and like so many other great champs of the past, he will take 1 fight too many and go out on his back.

I would pick a younger Vitali to beat Joshua, not sure about a younger Wlad. Vitali was a lesser boxer but better fighter and had one hell of a chin. A fat Sanders (who could always bang) landed a haymaker and really it was the only time Vitali ever really had a crisis in the ring. His 2 defeats were on injury, without ever being wobbled.

Dunno if anyone has posted this yet but Alejandro Gonzalez Jr, the skinny lad who knocked Frampton down twice last year, was murdered in Mexico a couple of days ago, aged 23. 

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/boxing/carl-frampton-pays-tribute-after-former-opponent-alejandro-gonzalez-jr-executed-in-mexico-35282541.html

2 hours ago, ex-guardsman said:

He will rule the division for a long time I just do not see anyone getting near him. What used to be the most exciting division is now pretty shit.

Froch might beat him to be honest.Because did you know Froch fought in front of 80,000 @ Wembley ?

On 13/12/2016 at 4:38 AM, lidorfc said:

UFC 209

Main event - Woodley Vs Thomson 2

Co-main event - Lawler Vs Diaz 2

oh-sweet-mother-of-god-meme-506.jpg

Please let this happen.

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc-209/report-nick-diaz-being-targeted-to-return-at-ufc-209/

No chance Woodley or Tompson main event over Diaz, he's a bigger draw than them both combined.

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

fury beats aj and he will struggle to beat klitschko

I think AJ puts Fury away pretty comfortably tbh. Fury will have been out of the ring for well over a year by the time he's ready to fight - at the very least - through which he's been taking drugs and gaining weight. 

Through that time AJ has been gradually increasing the quality of each opponent, and keeping himself in peak physical condition.

That's before you consider that Tyson Fury wasn't actually that great a fighter in the first place.

On 15/12/2016 at 3:54 PM, The Godfather said:

If Fury put his mind to it he would take AJ IMO, trouble is he's a mentally challenged pikey with no ambition left in him.

Shame Klit is so old because in his day he'd take AJ's head clean off.

I dunno how anyone who saw a prime Wlad get massacred by an old, chubby Corrie Sanders could ever be sure of him against any tall, powerful, reasonably quick superheavyweight.

I'd fancy Vitali to handle Joshua though, for sure.

Povetkin Stiverne fight is off tonight with Povetkin failing another drug test

absolute farce he was allowed to fight in the first place. That's his 2nd failed test after the Deontay Wilder fight was called off earlier in the year