Boxing and MMA

16 hours ago, Badger said:

Hopkins gracious in defeat :pipe:

Tbf, a 52yr old man has no business being there. It is testiment to how good a skill set he has, that he can still compete.

Very sad tbh to see him thinking he can still mix it up just watched it and he just did not belong in there at this stage of his life.

Aldo says the UFC are soon to announce an interim title fight for him at 155

If that's true the UFC has turned into a fucking joke with all these ridiculous, unnecessary, bullshit interim title fights lately.

For fucks sake they made Conor vacate his belt, threw the belt to Aldo, had an interim fight at 145, and instead of making the Aldo vs Holloway unification bout, they'll let Aldo have an interim fight at 155?

The fuck is the point?

I was thinking this is Aldo just trying to say what he wants to happen as a fact and hoping that the fans get behind it and force the UFC's hand - I don't feel like it makes any sense after giving him the FW title.

However, Ariel Helwani "fact checked" what Aldo had mentioned about UFC 208 and apparently all that was accurate so who knows at this point

Fucking retarded of the UFC to go this route if you ask me. I know it's all down to money and selling PPV's but it's still just mental to me.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/12/20/14034596/jose-aldo-q-a-on-max-holloway-fight-falling-through-clown-mcgregor

Q: Wow. I didn't expect that. Who turned it down?
A: You gotta ask the UFC that. They've asked me not to say anything. I won’t say who it is because it’s a surprise. A guy we never thought would turn it down turned it down, because his father didn’t think it was good. I'm tired of people turning down fights. I want to put some pressure so they'll take the fight. 

Khabib maybe?

If so, why would Khabib turn Aldo down?

Maybe I'm writing off Aldo too early in a hypothetical bout, but I see Khabib having just as good a chance if not better with Aldo as with Tony?

5 hours ago, Supersonic said:

If that's true the UFC has turned into a fucking joke with all these ridiculous, unnecessary, bullshit interim title fights lately.

For fucks sake they made Conor vacate his belt, threw the belt to Aldo, had an interim fight at 145, and instead of making the Aldo vs Holloway unification bout, they'll let Aldo have an interim fight at 155?

The fuck is the point?

I was thinking this is Aldo just trying to say what he wants to happen as a fact and hoping that the fans get behind it and force the UFC's hand - I don't feel like it makes any sense after giving him the FW title.

However, Ariel Helwani "fact checked" what Aldo had mentioned about UFC 208 and apparently all that was accurate so who knows at this point

Fucking retarded of the UFC to go this route if you ask me. I know it's all down to money and selling PPV's but it's still just mental to me.

I know what you mean mate, I've been thinking the same lately as well.  Starting to lose its integrity.  Even the whole McGregor Diaz saga, whilst it was good to see, it also made the UFC a bit of a farce.  I like McGregor but I don't buy it that there was no 155lb'er that wasnt ready to fight when rda pulled out, and he should of vacated or rematched Aldo rather than holding up the division for the year. 

6 hours ago, Supersonic said:

The fuck is the point?

Meant to say as well, if that's true about aldo, at least 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc in that division must be raging that he has just walked in and got an interim fight. You're right it all comes down to money and ppv's but in doing stuff like this the UFC just seems like a joke just now

Just now, minus22 said:

Meant to say as well, if that's true about aldo, at least 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc in that division must be raging that he has just walked in and got an interim fight. You're right it all comes down to money and ppv's but in doing stuff like this the UFC just seems like a joke just now

To me, if they were determined to make an interim fight at 155 it should've been Ferguson vs Khabib. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it's Aldo vs Nate Diaz for the interim belt though, even though it makes no sense whatsoever

How long is the 145 division going to be held up?

They stripped Conor for they wanted the division to move on, instead, there's potential Aldo wins the interim then fights Conor at 155 for the actual belt before he fights again at 145. Mental to think that might actually happen :lol:

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

To me, if they were determined to make an interim fight at 155 it should've been Ferguson vs Khabib. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it's Aldo vs Nate Diaz for the interim belt though, even though it makes no sense whatsoever

How long is the 145 division going to be held up?

They stripped Conor for they wanted the division to move on, instead, there's potential Aldo wins the interim then fights Conor at 155 for the actual belt before he fights again at 145. Mental to think that might actually happen :lol:

Bang on.  I couldn't see it being anyone else but khabib V Ferguson. I hadn't even thought of that re aldo :lol:. It could happen as well!  It's shocking really, have guys knocking their pans in (literally) and instead of being able to see the fruits of any success, it could just as easily be taken away because theirs more money to be made from, I.e trash talkers.  Fucking joke man.  Next it will be like WWE :lol:

Rumours Aldo was offered an interim fight against Khabib cause Tony is holding out for more money. 

Apparently he got (for his last fight against Dos Anjos) $54k to turn up, $54k for the win, a $50k performance of the night bonus and $10k Reebok money on top of that.

If that's right enough I wonder what he's holding out for? If he beats Khabib then asked for more money, he'd be in a better position to negotiate (although this is an obviously huge risk... :lol:)

Uh oh... 

"The UFC organization was formally notified today that the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) has informed Cristiane “Cyborg” Justino of a potential Anti-Doping Policy violation stemming from an out-of-competition sample collection on December 5, 2016. 

USADA, the independent administrator of the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, will handle the results management and appropriate adjudication of this case. It is important to note that, under the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, there is a full fair legal review process that is afforded to all athletes before any sanctions are imposed. "

7 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Uh oh... 

"The UFC organization was formally notified today that the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) has informed Cristiane “Cyborg” Justino of a potential Anti-Doping Policy violation stemming from an out-of-competition sample collection on December 5, 2016. 

USADA, the independent administrator of the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, will handle the results management and appropriate adjudication of this case. It is important to note that, under the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, there is a full fair legal review process that is afforded to all athletes before any sanctions are imposed. "

OMG SO SHOCKING!!!

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

Uh oh... 

What a surprise! She's 90% man.