Demba Ba set for Stoke move

Muff

Hoffenheim striker Demba Ba has agreed personal terms with Stoke City and is having a medical ahead of a £6m transfer, reports BBC Radio Stoke.

The 25-year-old has scored six goals in the Bundesliga so far this season.

The Senegal forward joined Hoffenheim in August 2007 and helped them in their rise to Germany's top flight.

But a move away seemed likely after Ba refused to travel with Hoffenheim to their winter training camp in Spain amid interest from West Ham United.

He was threatened with legal action by the club's general manager, although Ba suggested in a statement on his own website that Hoffenheim had gone back on a promise to let him move to England.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/stoke_city/9361494.stm

Stoke City :anguish:

I think he will do well in the Premiership, the right attributes: quick, strong, hardworking, good in the air and can finish, just a pity it's Stoke he's going to.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/stoke_city/9361494.stm

Stoke City :anguish:

I think he will do well in the Premiership, the right attributes: quick, strong, hardworking, good in the air and can finish, just a pity it's Stoke he's going to.

Oh for the days when we had dosh.Imagine having this guy leading the line.One of the most complete strikers in world football.Stoke is certainly not the team for him though.

Clubs like Stoke, Bolton etc. :BELM:

Content to sit in mid-lower table and lap up the EPL money with next to no ambitions. :ang:

Surely signing players like Demba Ba is showing quite a bit of ambition...

I actually quite like watching Stoke. They have a very good system. Etherington and Pennant on the wings and Jones getting on the end of most crosses and the likes of Fuller picking up bits and pieces works quite well.

Demba Ba will do very well for them.

Surely signing players like Demba Ba is showing quite a bit of ambition...

I actually quite like watching Stoke. They have a very good system. Etherington and Pennant on the wings and Jones getting on the end of most crosses and the likes of Fuller picking up bits and pieces works quite well.

Demba Ba will do very well for them.

Get throw in. Take throw in. Throw bodies at ball. Scramble about. Hope for tap in.

For my money, it's a glorified long ball system.

I'm not that impressed tbh.

Clubs like Stoke, Bolton etc. :BELM:

Content to sit in mid-lower table and lap up the EPL money with next to no ambitions. :ang:

Bit harsh, both clubs, especially Bolton recently have been playing/have played some pretty good football

Stoke's football isn't anywhere near as bad as some people make out.

"The Delap throw" is over rated and the whole "four centre backs across the back four" reads negativly on paper but it's effective as hell when you look at the rest of their team and how it's set up.

They don't need width from full back and Delap and Whtehead offer a midfield platform/foundation which allows Pennant & Etheringhton to stay wide, Jones plays upfront with one of Gudjohnsen, Tuncay or Fuller playing off of him.

If we had two wide men like them going at full backs for 90 minutes pinging balls on to Jelavic's napper then people on here would be waxing lyrical about how we play.