Miller : My Heartache

KENNY MILLER has revealed he choked back tears in an emotional Rangers exit.

Miller, 31, told of his heartache at ending his goal-laden stint at Ibrox as he sealed a dream £50,000-a-week deal in Turkey.

The Scotland striker was finalising his sensational £500,000 move to Bursaspor last night.

And he told SunSport: "The actual moment I said goodbye to everyone was hard. Walking away wasn't easy. It was quite emotional.

"There's no doubt the two-and-a-half years I had at Rangers have been the best time of my career. Working with the gaffer Walter Smith, Coisty, Kenny, Durranty, big Jim, the physio and the doc was brilliant.

"But on Tuesday night things were developing and I realised I was on my way out of the club. All of a sudden it was difficult.

"I reported at Ibrox for the game with Inverness like all the other lads but the gaffer took me aside before he read out the team and we spoke about how close the deal was to happening.

"He shook me by the hand, wished me all the best and I went back down to say cheerio to everyone.

"But for that few minutes, standing in the gaffer's office, it was quite emotional.

"You always get nerves when you leave a club and you're thinking about what's ahead, but this was different.

"I really enjoyed my time there and walking away from that wasn't easy.

"As much as the decision itself wasn't hard, actually walking out the door was tough.

"It's crunch time when you're actually going around the dressing room shaking all the lads by the hand.

"These guys are my best mates and boys I've been through a lot with."

Miller will officially sign his deal today after final negotiations throughout yesterday.

SunSport can reveal a late bid from mega-rich United Arab Emirates side Al Ain almost threw a spanner in the works.

But Miller dismissed their approach, having given Bursaspor his word he'd sign for them.

Miller has had a whirlwind few weeks, but reckons he handled it well - until last weekend's Ibrox clash with Hamilton.

He added: "I like to think I handled it okay but last Saturday was maybe the first time the situation affected me.

"I never felt comfortable during the game and I didn't do myself or the team justice.

"Until then I was fully focused on winning games, scoring goals and retaining the title."

Miller now reckons Rangers could lose other star men.

As SunSport revealed earlier this week Sevilla are interested in keeper Allan McGregor.

Miller added: "There are some really good players there and it's up to the people in charge to decide whether to sell them or not.

"Allan McGregor is one of the best goalkeepers in the country - or anywhere for that matter - and there's no doubt in my mind he'll be on a lot of manager's shopping list."

I don't care what anyone says, I love Kenny Miller and wish him well.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

'My Heartache'

Getting to play for The Rangers every week, scoring goals, earning £20,000 a week, winning trophies, owning a flash car and a big house and now moving abroad to a lovely sunny country where you will earn £50,000 a week.

I feel for you Kenny.

Another one who we have missed the boat on. The dithering of the board for whatever reasons behind the scene to do a respectable deal for all parties was shambolic. £7k a week wage cut for a years extension. Love Rangers or not, Id have told them to fuck off aswell. Good luck son and thanks for proving the doubters wrong (tu)

thanks miller.

my turkish pal was reading off the bursaspor website for me. he is getting the number 18 shirt.

also he was saying yesterdat at 5pm that his main goal is to win championships with bursaspor and he is looking forward to helping with the team.

Aye, Aye..So Heartbreaking..

We Dropped Off A Passenger on Our Road To 3 In A Row.

May Take Longer Than Expected..But We'll Still Arrive At Our Destination In May Without Miller

WATP :uk:

Word To Yer Moms.