Jelavic knows he has to start scoring soon

Nikica Jelavic made his come back for the first time in months on Tuesday against Inverness Caley Thistle and his return to action couldn't have came at a more important time. With top goal scorer Kenny Miller leaving to don the green and white in Turkey, Rangers have a gap up front that will need plugged.

Speaking to the Sun newspaper yesterday, Jela said that he knows he has to endeavour to hit the ground running and start to find scoring form sooner rather than later.

View the full article

Nikica Jelavic made his come back for the first time in months on Tuesday against Inverness Caley Thistle and his return to action couldn't have came at a more important time. With top goal scorer Kenny Miller leaving to don the green and white in Turkey, Rangers have a gap up front that will need plugged.

Speaking to the Sun newspaper yesterday, Jela said that he knows he has to endeavour to hit the ground running and start to find scoring form sooner rather than later.

View the full article

Jelavic is a sensible lad or so it appears and I have no doubt that if he remains injury free, he will be a massive player for us.

He shouldn't be put under any particular pressure, he was playing well and starting to score when he was brutally assaulted.

It may take a wee while to get up to speed, meanwhile it's the others who need to step up imo.

Of course he should he's playing for Rangers and cost 4 million quid at a time when we are skint, he has to deliver.

Guest SandyWATP

Of course he should he's playing for Rangers and cost 4 million quid at a time when we are skint, he has to deliver.

Talking about missing the point :lol:

The guys been out for 3 1/2 months.

Talking about missing the point :lol:

The guys been out for 3 1/2 months.

Aye after a tackle by Black, its not a point i missed at all.

As i said 4 million quid, Millers just left and at a time we have little or no money Jelavic has got to score or contribute right away.

I hate that dirgy Jelavic song we sing, we should be singing the tune that Arsenal sing to Samir Nasri

Jelavic

Jelavic

Jela, Jelavic!

Jelavic

Jelavic

Jela, Jelavic!

Thats Whittakers song but agree . . . Should think of a new song for Whittaker

And if it does take him time to get up to pace?

Do we sack him?

Boo him?

What do we do?

Dont be daft, but you seem to think there's no expectation playing for Rangers when you cost 4 million quid our main strikers left and we are so close in the League with the filth.

the onus is well and truely on jella now, good job we have patient fans :sherlock: and can allow him time to get himself fit and proper, to be fair if it wasnt for us having jella at this time i would be fuming at recent events

He shouldn't be put under any particular pressure, he was playing well and starting to score when he was brutally assaulted.

It may take a wee while to get up to speed, meanwhile it's the others who need to step up imo.

Very well said.

And you suggest I'm being daft :rolleyes:

Tell me what makes you think that I 'seem' to think this?

What words did I use?

Simple really you said "He shouldn't be put under any particular pressure", which at Rangers doesn't happen, there's always pressure, even more so his price tag in these times when we are potless and Miller leaving to go to Bursapor.

I dont see what i've said that takes a genius to work out it pretty basic stuff.

Simple really you said "He shouldn't be put under any particular pressure", which at Rangers doesn't happen, there's always pressure, even more so his price tag in these times when we are potless and Miller leaving to go to Bursapor.

I dont see what i've said that takes a genius to work out it pretty basic stuff.

He clearly meant that he shouldn't be put under additional pressure from the fans to start scoring again, I thought that much was fairly obvious from his post.

Yes you play for Rangers which has massive pressure in itself but we don't need the fans getting on his back if he hasn't scored after a few games into his comeback. That's at least what I took from what manticore was saying.

He clearly meant that he shouldn't be put under additional pressure from the fans to start scoring again, I thought that much was fairly obvious from his post.

Yes you play for Rangers which has massive pressure in itself but we don't need the fans getting on his back if he hasn't scored after a few games into his comeback. That's at least what I took from what manticore was saying.

Its Rangers they play for if they dont do it on the pitch the support have every right to tell them within reason, I'm sure Jelavic isn't a wee delicate flower who will wilt away at the first sign of criticism.

Pressure from the support can also be a good thing and make the player react to it, Look at Miller when he stepped on to the park he had to show character to turn the support around, for me he done that.