Edu today...

JRodgA2k8

Think it has to be said he did give us something the midfield has lacked recently, energy, drive and determination.

Look there seems to be threads set up all the time to slaughter the guy however a little credit where credit is due, the guy was our best player on the park today.

Scored and absolute quality goal and has the ability to do so more often.

Remember he's just back from injury and that start will have done him the world of good.

If he can find a little more consistency in his game then I feel he could become a first choice player in our midfield, exactly what we need for tough games to come :clap: More of the same going forward please :clap:

Think it has to be said he did give us something the midfield has lacked recently, energy, drive and determination.

Look there seems to be threads set up all the time to slaughter the guy however a little credit where credit is due, the guy was our best player on the park today.

Scored and absolute quality goal and has the ability to do so more often.

Remember he's just back from injury and that start will have done him the world of good.

If he can find a little more consistency in his game then I feel he could become a first choice player in our midfield, exactly what we need for tough games to come :clap: More of the same going forward please :clap:

Well said (tu)

I thought he was really poor after the goal to be honest!

i agree with this, we have 4 midfielders who find it very easy to give the ball away as soon as they get it

mcculloch, edu and davis are all as bad/good as each other but only mcculloch gets hate threads on here

edu has shown that he is capable of so much, his energy, his commitment and his skill on the ball at times is exactly whats needed

but then other times you think that he just doesnt belong on a football field, too many times it looks like he has to think about doing things that should come instinctively, like controlling a ball or rolling a 5 yard pass

givn he is young, then therer is time for him to develop, and 1 player i would love to see stay here for a long time

but as long as he continues to improve

edu has shown that he is capable of so much, his energy, his commitment and his skill on the ball at times is exactly whats needed

but then other times you think that he just doesnt belong on a football field, too many times it looks like he has to think about doing things that should come instinctively, like controlling a ball or rolling a 5 yard pass

givn he is young, then therer is time for him to develop, and 1 player i would love to see stay here for a long time

but as long as he continues to improve

You can tell he's been brought up in a country where football is no more than an afterthought with the wee things we take for granted like first touch control etc.

But that'll come. I thought he looked terrific with the ball at his feet today.

Ws much better than Davis and the 'Kaiser' in midfield today.

Not a massive fan of Edu but he gives us plenty of energy in midfield and scored a wonder goal today. I think a midfield trio of Davis-Edu-Ness would be the perfect blend of talent, vision, awareness and energy.

You can tell he's been brought up in a country where football is no more than an afterthought with the wee things we take for granted like first touch control etc.

But that'll come. I thought he looked terrific with the ball at his feet today.

yup, america focus a lot on athleticism, i would probably guess that a fully fit edu would be the fittest guy at the club

Is it any coincidence that statistically when Edu plays we usually win.....if he can improve his awareness & concentration it would make a big difference....still don't think him & McCulloch are the best combo.....however, has all the attributes to be a top box to box midfielder

edu always looks to me like he won his footballing abilities in a lottery.

he has all the relevant skills and physical attributes but doesnt seem to know quite how to use them.

i though he was ok today at best but it still takes him an age to make up his mind what to do. there is nothing instinctive or natural about his play.