***The Official Rangers vs. Bheggars Thread***

Muff

I ain't going to predict Walter's team, he almost always throws in a suprise for these games.

If I was in charge, I'd go with Muff side.

We can't let them dominate the midfield area again, so often that's where these games are won and lost; Davis, Edu, Ness, McCulloch, Hutton? Whoever it may be, they must stamp their authority on the game. Crucial we win the midfield battle.

I can also see Jelavic being key in this game. We all know how good his touch and hold up play is and we need a similar type of game from him on Sunday. At Ibrox last month, every time the ball went up towards Miller the ball was coming right back at us more often than not. Majstorovic and Rogne were eating the long balls up all day long. We can't afford to play that ball again on Sunday, but a ball into feet could be a route we should exploit. Jelavic has the ability to take it into feet, control it and then give him the opportunity to turn and go at the defence or bring a teammate into play. With Majstorovic and Rogne both out then we have even more chance of doing that.

A must win on Sunday, we can't give them any more confidence than they've got at the moment. I know it's only the Scottish Cup but a result here could affect what happens in the title race.

you are right, walter always plays a surprise card, who will it be ?

Mculloch will play even if he is 50percent fit imo , he can't be dropped

However my team would be

Mcgregor

Whittaker Bougie Bartley Papac

Weiss davis ness diouf

Healy jelavic

Weir should be dropped imo . I know he won't be though and naismith has been rushed back I think. So I wouldn't start him

According to Coisty he very much doubts McCulloch will be fit enough for this game, but is a lot more hopeful that Jelavic will make it.

NIKICA JELAVIC is winning his fight to lead Rangers' attack in Sunday's Old Firm showdown.

However, Lee McCulloch will almost certainly not play in the Scottish Cup tie as a result of a knee injury.

Jelavic missed last night's 1-0 win over Hearts as a result of a groin strain but assistant boss Ally McCoist says the news is better on him while at the same virtually ruling out McCulloch.

McCulloch will have a scan on his knee later today to ascertain any damage after he limped out of last night's Hearts game

He said: "Jelavic is a lot better. It has been natural progress and he is feeling a lot better today so we will be giving him right up until the match and we are very hopeful he will be involved.

"Lee McCulloch is going for a scan but I would hazard a guess and say he would be extremely doubtful.

"It would be a big blow to lose him. We lost our way a bit last night for 10 minutes when he went off. He has been a big players for us but that's the nature of it.

"You need winners in Old Firm games and Lee is one of them but we have a team full of winners so we are hopeful it won't be too much of a problem if he doesn't make it."

For that reason I'd go with what Muff has posted as a starting 11, even though later in the game I'd bring on Weiss and Lafferty to attack a tiring Celtic defence.

We just have to be careful, Celtic going forward are very dangerous. But we have to make sure we don't punt long balls to jelavic all day, he isn't actually great in the air and against majstorovic if he plays he'll rarely win a header.

Keep the ball on the deck and don't let Celtic settle. Oh and for those lucky enough to get a ticket......

OUTSING THOSE CLATTY BASTARDS!!!

We just have to be careful, Celtic going forward are very dangerous. But we have to make sure we don't punt long balls to jelavic all day, he isn't actually great in the air and against majstorovic if he plays he'll rarely win a header.

Keep the ball on the deck and don't let Celtic settle. Oh and for those lucky enough to get a ticket......

OUTSING THOSE CLATTY BASTARDS!!!

If you haven't got a ticket mate theres a guy selling 2 in the ticket section

"El-Hadji has not had a lot of football but we were happy with what he brought last night and if last night is anything to go by then I think he will win us a few free kicks on Sunday.

Looks like Diouf is a cert for Sunday if what SWS said is anything to go by.

Mcgregor

Bartley Bougherra Weir Papac Whittaker

Davis Edu Ness Naismith

Jelavic

Walter might just revert back to our European 5-4-1 for this one, he would have been studying them closely and would know that Weir struggled big time the last time we played against them, he will not want Celtic to stretch the play from middle to front and if Lennon decides to plays Hooper and Stokes, he will definitely not want them in behind with Weir trying to catch up.

Of course 5-4-1 looks ultra defensive, but it can be effective and Lennon and Celtic would struggle to counter it.

However my team would be

Mcgregor

Naismith davis ness diouf

Healy jelavic

Weir should be dropped imo . I know he won't be though and naismith has been rushed back I think. So I wouldn't start him

Naismith is better player than Weiss. I just dont get all this Weiss is wonderful. He has played about 3 good games.

Naismith is better player than Weiss. I just dont get all this Weiss is wonderful. He has played about 3 good games.

He's not consistent nah but what winger is now a days? He's got unbelieveable talent and obviously the problem is getting him to produce it on a regular basis, it's 50/50, he could play and win us the game or he could play and be non-existent and not look interested

He's not consistent nah but what winger is now a days? He's got unbelieveable talent and obviously the problem is getting him to produce it on a regular basis, it's 50/50, he could play and win us the game or he could play and be non-existent and not look interested

Yea i know m8, If he would pass the ball more! he would be a far better. He done a highland fling last night infront of two Hearts players for about 5 seconds. And then he passed it. He needs to do the simple thing IMO because he has pace to burn and could be twice the player.

However my team would be

Mcgregor

Weiss davis ness diouf

Healy jelavic

We've conceded 2 goals in our last 7 games and you'd drop our captain for a 19 year old who has never played a game for us? Bold, i'll give you that