***The Official Champions vs Motherwell Thread***

Muff

Muffs team looks good, more likely to see Amac9's example though.

I don't ever get the 'play whitty at RM' cries. He's pish there. Yes he can look decent coming up the wing but that's into the space created by the actual RM tucking inside. He's great into that space but when there's a man there to mark him, as there is as a RM, he's awful.

Davis playing in the middle of the park tomorrow (tu)

I can't see why Walter would drop Edu to accomodate for Davis in the middle. It seems common sense and I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it happening.

I can't see why Walter would drop Edu to accomodate for Davis in the middle. It seems common sense and I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it happening.

4-4-2, Davis in the middle of the park (tu)

McGregor

Whittaker

Bartley

Weir

Papac

Weiss

Davis

Ness

Wylde (if he's fit & available)

Diouf

Jelavic

You'd drop Bougherra? I agree he hasn't had the best of seasons but surely if the defence was to rearranged then Weir should be the first one to take a game out.

You'd drop Bougherra? I agree he hasn't had the best of seasons but surely if the defence was to rearranged then Weir should be the first one to take a game out.

I honestly meanto put Bougherra instead of Weir, it's because I'm used to doing Bougherra & Weir :lol: I got confused with the B in Bartley! :wink:

EDIT coming up

I honestly meanto put Bougherra instead of Weir, it's because I'm used to doing Bougherra & Weir :lol: I got confused with the B in Bartley! :wink:

EDIT coming up

:lol:

I was wondering...

Rumour has it Ness will be rested, if so that's a disgrace.

19 y/o who has played a handful of games gets rested but no doubt old man weir will continue to play every minute of every match.

It will also leave a central midfield partnership of quite possibly our 2 most out of form midfielders :anguish:

Would love to see us go with Muffs selection but you just know Walter aint going to see it that way.Looking forward to the game.It will be good if we can give a good account of ourselves and settle into a winning way after all the shit of the last week

WALTER SMITH has revealed Steve Davis is to be moved back into central midfield to cover for the loss of Lee McCulloch as Rangers get set for a vital SPL clash with Motherwell at Ibrox tomorrow.

McCulloch is having surgery on Tuesday to cure a knee problem and may miss the rest of the campaign.

Smith is concerned that the loss of his experience will leave Rangers short in this area so playmaker Davis will be given a central role.

The manager said today: "I can move Steve Davis back into the middle now. He is more experienced. When you look at Maurice Edu and Jamie Ness they have not played a lot of football in their careers for different reasons.

"We can move a few players around. We have players who can play in a number of positions.

"Lee McCulloch was doing very well for us and it's a blow he is out injured.

"In fairness to Ness he has handled it very well so far. He has hampered by injuries when he was younger coming through the youth teams so he has not had many games overall.

"I think the five or six games he has had for us represents the longest run he has had fit since I came to the club.

"He is handling it very well and he is playing very well but like all other younger players, when you bring them in you have to be careful you are not over-playing them."

He really does need to make changes, unfortunately I just can't see it happening and fully expect to see the following 11 starting,

McGregor

Whittaker, Bougherra, Weir, Papac

Davis, Edu, Ness, Naismith

Diouf, Jelavic

In all fairness if we actually took the game to them even that line up should be able to demolish Motherwell, but sitting back and protecting a slender lead and Weir's lack of pace will just make it a depressing spectacle.

If Walter does do what he says then bang goes my line up, but it will be Davis and Edu in the middle and Ness being dropped to the bench. :disappointment:

That's how i see it as well sadly.

Davis and Ness for me would be a terrific combination of power,vision,attacking threat and a good combination of youth and experience. Weiss and Diouf out wide with Jelavic and Naismith up front.

However the key to this game and every one is tempo. If we start flat the entire game will be flat. If we start fast,aggressively and in their faces we should win and win comfortably.

I still have this nagging doubt though that it will be "as you were" from Sunday with the same line up and same tactics.

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :bougherra: :bartley: :papac:

:weiss: :davis: :ness: :Naismith:

:diouf: :jelavic:

I've never seen Bartley play so I can't really prefer him to Weir. I'd love to see the rest of this line up though and if we are a couple of goals ahead at any stage in the game then it would possibly be a perfect opportunity to see how Bartley handles himself at the back.