***The Official Champions vs Motherwell Thread***

Muff

I've never seen Bartley play so I can't really prefer him to Weir. I'd love to see the rest of this line up though and if we are a couple of goals ahead at any stage in the game then it would possibly be a perfect opportunity to see how Bartley handles himself at the back.

Let's bear in mind who the opposition are...Motherwell not Barcelona. And this is not directed at you just an exasparation that players like Bartley,Cole,Hutton,Wylde and Kerkar(well maybe) can't come in for a game like this irrespective of who they replace.

Does anyone honestly think the defence and team would crumble if Weir was replaced by Bartley for example...or Wylde replaced Papac for one game?

If Smith thinks that is the case then there really is no point in them being there is there?

Let's bear in mind who the opposition are...Motherwell not Barcelona. And this is not directed at you just an exasparation that players like Bartley,Cole,Hutton,Wylde and Kerkar(well maybe) can't come in for a game like this irrespective of who they replace.

Does anyone honestly think the defence and team would crumble if Weir was replaced by Bartley for example...or Wylde replaced Papac for one game?

If Smith thinks that is the case then there really is no point in them being there is there?

I'm always all for youngsters coming in and being given a chance I'm just saying as I've never seen him play I can hardly come out and say he should start ahead of Weir. Its different with our youth players as I've seen them play in other levels but the same would apply for Kerkar who I have yet to see play either. I hope he is good enough though as Weir has definitely been struggling.

I'd like to see Fleck on from the start in place of Naismith. First, to give Naismaith a break and, second, to add a little bit of creativity to the team. I was impressed with his and Jelavic's link up play the last time they played together. I would like to see us try Ness and Davis in the middle, then an attacking diamond of Diouf (left), Fleck (off Jelavic), Weiss (right), Jelavic (up top).

After reading what Walter said me might see;

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :bougherra: :weir: :papac:

:diouf: :davis: :edu: :weiss:

:Naismith: :jelavic:

That is likely, but would like to see Bartley play and also Healy or Lafferty up front with Jelavic in lieu of Naismith.

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :bougherra: :weir: :papac:

:bartley: :davis: :Naismith: :weiss:

:diouf: :jelavic:

Placing Naisy inside and Bartley out is ridiculous, no offence! Bartley in the middle and Naisy on the right makes 10 times more sense.

Otherwise, sadly I don't expect much change tomorrow and I'm preparing myself for more negative football :uk:

Looks as though weir will be rested so muffs team looks about right.WS has talked about resting Ness so that's about the only doubt, would guess it's edu that would come in although I'd rather see hutton get another run as he did well before.