Ally McCoist officially named as Rangers manager next season.

disgruntled_bear

Good news. :D

If the reports are true then it makes the takeover more believable because it has been said Whyte wants Ally as manager.

He is a novice but so is Neil Lennon and he is currently 8 points clear in the League.

========================================================================================================

I agree with this point. Remember, Smith was an SDM appointment since they are pals. If SDM is going then

it makes sense that Walter will go as well.

This news is hardly surprising. Ally,s appointment and Dave Kings "rearrangement" of shares are simply

the housekeeping to tis up loose ends before the "big announcement"

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This novice Lennon is 8 points ahead of the managerial team containing our 'novice'.

The difference in the old firm is so big just now that I'm struggling to find any reason anyone would want the current number 2 to be the number 1

Davie White was sacked, when we were sitting top of the league in 1969.

As others have said all the luck to Ally, Rangers managers require a good deal more than luck when they take the chair, time will tell, as it always does.

interesting because you recently boiled all walters succeses down to luck.

why cant i see how rangers will play under super when everyone else can. :(

You obviously don't know he's spent his entire coaching experience learning from the most boring manager on the planet as well as being assistant manager for the most boring team on the planet

You obviously don't know he's spent his entire coaching experience learning from the most boring manager on the planet

i learned from a tyrant of a manager in my last job but i am my own man and have my own style which is very different.

everyone thought lennon would play like the leprachaun but he doesnt.

Might have been said on another post.. but the timing makes perfect sense to me. The players are underperforming due to a lame duck manager.

This way, the new manager is already there.. (There is a different between just 'expectation' and bitter reality.) One would hope the players would want to up their game to impress for next year at the least.. which will benefit us this year.

Typical attempted appeasement around ST renewal time mate.

................or maybe, just maybe, the new owner has sanctioned Ally as being his next Manager?

The club would look kinda stupid if someone took it over now and then said they would be bringing in their own man.

And if this is not the case, is Bain now confirming that there will be NO takeover?

This announcement, and the timing of it, has certainly got me thinking.

I would be more than surprised if Ally got any assurances whatsoever, for that to happen would raise more questions, how can something that we allegedly don't have be assured.

You would have thought he would have asked the board for some assurances especially given the Loan players leaving at the end of the season, or at least inquired if there was money being made availableo invest in the team.