Leave it outside the front door Ally.

2bob

Now now...there is one thing expressing an opinion...an other thing expressing lies.

I never at any time said he had "forgotten" Davie Cooper...I suggested that it was more relvant or worthy of mention.

So to answer your own question there is something you are overlooking...

The facts,

It depends on the context of the article. Was McCoist asked about Burns? It doesn't say.

My apologies for misrepresenting you.

But you know I've by and large got this right.

And to be honest, it is an ill judged attack on McCoist based on a SUN article.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Very undeniable indeed... except McCoist (a Rangers fan) was friends with Burns (a man who hated the Rangers support). Very undeniable, you're right.

I also think the comparisons between Tommy Burns and Neil Lennon are vastly unfair, considering, but each to their own.

My original problem wasn't with you having a pop at Burns or Celtic, it was you having a pop at Ally McCoist. Rangers legend, future Rangers manager and a huge bluenose. I'm not going to start insulting the man because of a few comments made in reference to his friend. I have far too much respect and adoration for him to do that.

You might wish to revisit some of my posts because my only 'pop' came from my fear that he would continue down this line of cozying up to the Taig trash - in other words - he'll only get a 'pop' from me if that's the road he continues down.

I think I phrased it a "fuck you!" Now that's a 'pop' - no doubts.

Point me to something other than that you consider a 'pop' and I'll gladly review my comments.

In the meantime - fuck Celtic and all who sail in the rancid bheast. :sherlock:

It depends on the context of the article. Was McCoist asked about Burns? It doesn't say.

My apologies for misrepresenting you.

But you know I've by and large got this right.

And to be honest, it is an ill judged attack on McCoist based on a SUN article.

It has already been covered and posted in the video, if you look you will find it,see if you can get that right. :sherlock:

You might wish to revisit some of my posts because my only 'pop' came from my fear that he would continue down this line of cozying up to the Taig trash - in other words - he'll only get a 'pop' from me if that's the road he continues down.

I think I phrased it a "fuck you!" Now that's a 'pop' - no doubts.

Point me to something other than that you consider a 'pop' and I'll gladly review my comments.

In the meantime - fuck Celtic and all who sail in the rancid bheast. :sherlock:

What a surprise. Instead of retracting your 'undeniable' comment when it's proved to in fact be deniable, you get all snide because I've touched a nerve. That's not like you, at all. :rolleyes:

Saying 'fuck McCoist' and threatening to say it again if he dares show an ounce of respect, class or dignity is unacceptable in my eyes. He's a Rangers legend who deserves our respect.

I've no problem with what Ally McCoist said. Him and Tommy Burns were friends, they worked together.

I'm sure Tommy Burns would be proud, maybe he did hate Rangers but I'm sure he'd be delighted to see a good friend become manager of the club they loved and do well, no matter what he felt about the football club.

Unlike Ian Durrant, Bomber Brown, Ian Ferguson, myself and many others who were brought up to despise the scum (its in the blood) Ally is just not like that if he wants to say something about Burns thats up to him but he better TRY to start developing a hatred for Lemon and his fenian squad, because that bastard hates us :21::uk::21:

It has already been covered and posted in the video, if you look you will find it,see if you can get that right. :sherlock:

I've got it right, alright. :rolleyes: I've read your post, and your link to a newspaper article.

I've covered your post almost word by word, and I've read the article.

I see no video.

You might condemn Ally, but at least both of you respect Tommy Burns. Have I got that right? :sherlock:

What a surprise. Instead of retracting your 'undeniable' comment when it's proved to in fact be deniable, you get all snide because I've touched a nerve. ......Nope...CanadianBacon didn't say it so I'll change tack.....That's not like you, at all. :rolleyes:

Saying 'fuck McCoist' and threatening to say it again if he dares show an ounce of respect, class or dignity is unacceptable in my eyes. He's a Rangers legend who deserves our respect.

Reading between the lines of that one....er, you didn't find anything other than the part I alluded to.

That's good.

Let's leave it at that - you keep singing his praises - however if he does do what I suggest he should avoid doing and goes cozying up to a slug of a club and manager who hates us and I start with the "fuck you McCoist" stuff then you and I will just need to agree to disagree.

I want nothing whatsoever to do with that shower of shite from the east end and I'd hope a Rangers manager wouldn't either.

You've a decision to make should that day arise.

Then again....maybe you've already made your mind up?

Good luck with the phrase book search. :sherlock:

Unlike Ian Durrant, Bomber Brown, Ian Ferguson, myself and many others who were brought up to despise the scum (its in the blood) Ally is just not like that if he wants to say something about Burns thats up to him but he better TRY to start developing a hatred for Lemon and his fenian squad, because that bastard hates us :21::uk::21:

Fuxsake - get the tin hat on.

INCOMING!!!! :tank:

I haven't read the full thread as it appears to full of keech, but from what I can see, question asked and answered. The paper asked the question, and the excerpt was printed. WTF is the issue?

Anyone who thinks SA is out of line is an imbecile.

The other day we had a comments re SA having to wear at a suit at the games - a point I agree with I might add.

This was agreed with in general by all, which basically represents how we feel re being a Ranger - respect, standing, better than others, etc.

Then we have the same folk complaining that he is doing exactly that - behaving like a true Ranger - respect, standing, etc!! This of course was when he is dealing with/talking about the t*rriers. Just because they disrespect us doesn't mean to say that we do the same. We may want to, but I truly believe we are better than that. That is of course my own personal opinion.

Any loser on here slagging SA should be ashamed. A man who gave his all, and a man who fought (literally) his team mates and the scum for his Club and Country, and he will give his all again.

Shocking.

I've got it right, alright. :rolleyes: I've read your post, and your link to a newspaper article.

I've covered your post almost word by word, and I've read the article.

I see no video.

You might condemn Ally, but at least both of you respect Tommy Burns. Have I got that right? :sherlock:

You seem like a pleasant fellow, so be my guest for the link. I respect Burns as a football man, to many other things about the infamous Tommy Burns suppers,which were never made public are known to me.Simply it is Coisty's job to bury celtic and every taig with them, not fuckin ingratiate himself or think he is, with them. Rangers first last and foremost, that is his mantra, plus fuck the celtic and taigs, also so you in no doubt big Jock definitely did know. I have the statement confirming it. http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=178591&view=findpost&p=1058754784

No reason (well, maybe on or two, but as Cappa has already joined this side-thread I'll let it alone).

Anyway........I like tanks. :rolleyes:

They're handy for shooting down the enemy - for example, Eye-Ran-Away scum lovers and the like.

:sherlock:

Still dont know what your going on about canadaianBacon speak your mind my friend I'm not on here to agree with everyone but at the same time I'm not on to disagree with everyone if that makes sense I'll never shoot down anyone's opinion even though I might disagree with it as it is a forum

You seem like a pleasant fellow, so be my guest for the link. I respect Burns as a football man, to many other things about the infamous Tommy Burns suppers,which were never made public are known to me.Simply it is Coisty's job to bury celtic and every taig with them, not fuckin ingratiate himself or think he is, with them. Rangers first last and foremost, that is his mantra, plus fuck the celtic and taigs, also so you in no doubt big Jock definitely did know. I have the statement confirming it. http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=178591&view=findpost&p=1058754784

This is my last on the subject. :blink:

I read your original post in which there was a narrative and link to a newspaper. I responded in fairly mild terms.

Another poster informed me that I had totally missed the point.

You also made this observation, but declined to give an explanation of your post.

I then went through your post word by word. I made no objection to you respect for Tommy Burns, in a post, that was critical of Ally McCoist.

I also couldn’t understand the part – “familiarity breeds contempt” - in the context in which it was used.

I then read thoroughly the 200-word article in the SUN. There was nothing that jumped out at me as being particularly hellish. Some of it was quotations and some it wasn’t, so I took it with a pinch of salt.

This thread is full of other allegations etc which I have touched on.

We know Burns was a Celtic player, captain, and manager. It’s been said he despised Rangers in his youth and was “opus dei” member. This is the man you respect. :anguish:

Why do you object to Ally McCoist remembering him at this time? After all McCoist worked with Burns, and indeed was a pallbearer at his funeral. So McCoist must have been close to him, not only to attend his funeral but be involved in it. So McCoist’s words in relation to Burns are understandable.

I feel like murdering a pint now, but I'll leave it until tomorrow's celebration. :cheers:

This is my last on the subject. :blink:

I read your original post in which there was a narrative and link to a newspaper. I responded in fairly mild terms.

Another poster informed me that I had totally missed the point.

You also made this observation, but declined to give an explanation of your post.

I then went through your post word by word. I made no objection to you respect for Tommy Burns, in a post, that was critical of Ally McCoist.

I also couldn’t understand the part – “familiarity breeds contempt” - in the context in which it was used.

I then read thoroughly the 200-word article in the SUN. There was nothing that jumped out at me as being particularly hellish. Some of it was quotations and some it wasn’t, so I took it with a pinch of salt.

This thread is full of other allegations etc which I have touched on.

We know Burns was a Celtic player, captain, and manager. It’s been said he despised Rangers in his youth and was “opus dei” member. This is the man you respect. :anguish:

Why do you object to Ally McCoist remembering him at this time? After all McCoist worked with Burns, and indeed was a pallbearer at his funeral. So McCoist must have been close to him, not only to attend his funeral but be involved in it. So McCoist’s words in relation to Burns are understandable.

I feel like murdering a pint now, but I'll leave it until tomorrow's celebration. :cheers:

No that is not what I said so your anguish is misplaced, and no one objects to Coisty remembering anything to do with TB, only that he should do it in private and keep it out of Rangers business. :pipe:

PS the familiarity breeds contempt is obvious to Stevie Wonder, while Ally thinks he is ingratiating himself with taigs incorporated, they are laughing at him and treating his overtures with contempt behind his back....and to his face at the shitterdome. (tu)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/scotland/9405047.stm

Here is the interview in question. If you take the time to watch all 6 minutes 46 seconds of it you will hear the context of Ally's comments on his late colleague and what he ACTUALLY said.

This might get a few of you off the offended bus after reading the article in The Sun in which the jhournalist has taken an extreme amount of creative license with our new Manager's quote.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/scotland/9405047.stm

Here is the interview in question. If you take the time to watch all 6 minutes 46 seconds of it you will hear the context of Ally's comments on his late colleague and what he ACTUALLY said.

This might get a few of you off the offended bus after reading the article in The Sun in which the jhournalist has taken an extreme amount of creative license with our new Manager's quote.

Can't believe some are so willing to jump on one of our finest ever servant's backs based on a few quotes in a rag like the Sun.

It was fairly obvious the journalist was going to be extremely selective. It's not like McCoist called a press conference to talk about Burns.

Interesting to see the section in context.