Leave it outside the front door Ally.

2bob

An easy one to sidestep (if that's what happened).

Journo (probably a Taig one at that): "What would Tommy Burns have thought about this honour Ally?"

McCoist: "Tommy was a lovely guy and I still miss him - but I'm here to talk about Rangers Football Club and the way forward. Oh, and for the record - my Dad and Davie Cooper will be dancing a jig in Heaven for me today - they'll both be delighted at this news."

It was as easy as that. Now there's yer' headline - his Dad and 'Coop.

No bullshit and no animosity on here or elsewhere.

Fuck Celtic and fuck their ex-managers.

Beat me to it.

We all know the taig journos will have their loaded questions at the ready.

If asked directly then fair enough he answered it but could have kept it short and sweet like the example above.

If he volunteered the information then he deserves all the stick he gets for mentioning Burns ahead of his dad or Coop or Greig etc.

Plenty of more appropriate options he could have used before Burns.

I guess you just have to know more about the real Tommy Burns to understand why so many of us have this anger and resentment of him.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All he's saying is a close pal would be looking down proud ? the OP making such a big deal out of it it's laughable.

But why choose that particular 'close pal' at that particular point? What the fuck has Tommy Burns got to do with it, when there are other Rangers legends he could easily have mentioned. Personally I dont give a crap about Tommy f'ing Burns or any other dead smelly taig and neither should the next manager of Rangers at the press conference to introduce him as such.

FFS, he's talking about a departed member of the Scotland coaching team he was part of and whose coffin he carried.

Get a fucking grip.

and what the fucks that got to do with Rangers? nothing.

Time he stopped the love in. As of now. He's been confirmed as our new manager two minutes and he's making emotional statements about ex, dead, Celtic managers.

He's a confirmed Rangers manager now, us first.

If Ally was aksed the question, his response could have just been "Tommy will be looking down on me & smiling"

The rest fo the article is easily padded out by the journo.

I do find it laughable that people are actually taking offence to this article at all.

I dont give a flying fcuk if Ally likes or dislikes Lennon, Burn or any other current or former Celtic player and/or manager.

I care about what he does when he takes over, i care about who he buys & sells, i care about his tactics and formations, i care about the 34 OTHER games we will play in the season against other teams who's points are just as valuable as the 12 we fight with Celtic over.

If you want to worry about what McCoist says or thinks .... worry about it with that in mind !!

Big Deal?

There are countless Rangers players and managers he could have cited in his first Press conference/statement after his appointment - furfuxsake, he could even have mentioned his late Rangers-supporting Dad (my old man would have been the first one I'd have mentioned had I been in his position) - but no - McCoist gives it plenty for the ex-Celtic manager - one of the bitter type too.

McCoist needs to take a long hard look in the mirror today.

There will be plenty of Bears with their noses out of joint - I'm one of them.

Fuck Celtic - fuck Celtic managers - dead or alive - and, if he keeps this shit going - fuck McCoist too. :angry:

Well I don't know the reasons why he didn't mention his late father or a former Rangers legend and neither do you.. maybe the mhedia brought Burns into the conversation and Ally just answered the question. If this is so then he'll learn not to be so naive when talking to them.

Maybe it's the media trying to put your nose out of joint. I certainly don't let the media sway my opinions.

Well I don't know the reasons why he didn't mention his late father or a former Rangers legend and neither do you.. maybe the mhedia brought Burns into the conversation and Ally just answered the question. If this is so then he'll learn not to be so naive when talking to them.

Maybe it's the media trying to put your nose out of joint. I certainly don't let the media sway my opinions.

All he would have had to say then, mate would be something like "everyone knows Tommy was a friend of mine, and it's sad he's gone, but I'm here to talk about Rangers and our future" ..then develop his own points from there.

It's not difficult.

I've got nothing against Tommy Burns and I hope he does RIP but he's nothing to do with us - or McCoist (anymore).

McCoist is and always was his own man. He spoke with clarity, enthusiasm and a decorum befitting his role at The Rangers. I expect nothing less of him.

I'm delighted he has the chance to add lustre to an already glittering career and I fully expect him to do just that. I wont be the first time McCoist has the pleasure of serving hats to diners.

All he would have had to say then, mate would be something like "everyone knows Tommy was a friend of mine, and it's sad he's gone, but I'm here to talk about Rangers and our future" ..then develop his own points from there.

It's not difficult.

I've got nothing against Tommy Burns and I hope he does RIP but he's nothing to do with us - or McCoist (anymore).

True but people sometimes answer from the heart without thinking.. it's human nature. If this is the case he can only learn from it.

I see where people are coming from 100% but I think they're making too much of a big deal out of the whole article.

It's not difficult.

your right but as has been said that easy when you have time to think and its not one of the most exciting days of your life.

things on here are to black and white and i include myself as one of the worst for that.

No Lennon makes on he is pals with Ally and Walter, but deep down he is just like the rest of the scum. They hate our club and everything we stand for.

Are you saying it's not possible for a Bear and a Tim to be friends?

Are you saying it's not possible for a Bear and a Tim to be friends?

No, but if Rangers-fans are friends with people who have openly sang songs about the IRA and called our fans and management dirty orange bastards then questions have to be asked.

"Tommy will be looking down on this and smiling"

McCoist's biggest weakness and will be his downfall.

Toadying up to Republican scum like Burns and the rest of those bastards.

Ally piece of advice son..they fucking hate you and all you stand for with every fibre of their being.

No matter how much cock you suck just remember that in their eyes you're still an "Orange Bastard"

Makes me sick reading shite like that.

Being respectful is one thing but when it's never reciprocated that's another.

well said,its a fucking disgrace all this nice stuff, gets the job and the first thing he talks about is fucking celtic and tommy burns,fuck that

I don't want to be reading about Celtic love ins Ally, much as I also respected Tommy Burns. Your first and last is to Rangers, put distance between the taigs you and our club, familiarity breeds contempt, if you can't see that you are already of to a bad start.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3427928/Tommy-will-be-smiling-down-on-me.html

you... are an idiot. Go and drag your knuckles back to your rock. prick

McCoist is and always was his own man. He spoke with clarity, enthusiasm and a decorum befitting his role at The Rangers. I expect nothing less of him.

I'm delighted he has the chance to add lustre to an already glittering career and I fully expect him to do just that. I wont be the first time McCoist has the pleasure of serving hats to diners.

Good post but I suspect the kind of people that refer to him as Scaif and have an issue with this non-story will never eat their hats as far as Ally McCoist goes.

00000042.gif Well said.

As it happens I agree with this guy 100%.

Does that make me a prick too - you Internet fucking hard man? :mad:

get er head out of your ass and join us all in the 21st century. I don't have time for people with bigoted views and to slate our manager over a dead guy is appauling

get er head out of your ass and join us all in the 21st century. I don't have time for people with bigoted views and to slate our manager over a dead guy is appauling

I'll cut you some slack, given your location, because if you lived where the bulk of us live (right in amongst this Taig filth week-in-week-out) you might find your handwringing, tree hugging, liberal viewpoint altering somewhat.

We (the Protestant-Rangers supporting community) are under siege over here (and we're the majority) and we're getting it in the neck from all fronts (media, politics, etc) so when the first thing our newly appointed manager does is to mention a dead manager of our greatest rivals (a guy who fucking hated us) then forgive us 'bigots' for getting slightly pissed off at him.

Timing is everything - McCoist's timing was well and truly fucked.

No, but if Rangers-fans are friends with people who have openly sang songs about the IRA and called our fans and management dirty orange bastards then questions have to be asked.

But just about everyone hates the other club and everything they stand for. We've also all sung about terrorist organisations/freedom fighters (take your pick) and referred to the other lot as Dirty Fenian Bastards/DOB. Doesn't mean a lot of us can't rationalise that and still have friendships. Saying that...I can understand the Rangers management being professionally cordial, with the likes of Lennon...but not being friends.