Weir bug has Gers in crisis

disgruntled_bear

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So cos he's scored one goal from open play this season he should play? How many has he set up? Weiss is a better option than Whittaker by a fuckin mile yet because he isn't shite and one of smiths favourites he doesn't get a game.

Walter smith...ruining players with his shite again.

Ach im not going down this route with you , you have it in for Mcculloch , Edu and most of our players for some reason .

Im just pissed off that a 50% weir will start in defence

Just because Whittaker scored a goal justifies him a place in the starting 11? He is fucking pish!

So you would rather play a man down by using Weiss on the wing that won't tarck back and cover an even shiter player in Foster ?

get a fucking brain lad ...

Aye but....

So Whittaker is a better option than Vladimir weiss then? How many games has whittaker played well this season? I'd say 1. How many times has Whittaker played well in midfield this season? Id say zero.

A shite player and a shite player in front of him doesn't make a good player Walter! That right side is fuckin barkin!

So Whittaker is a better option than Vladimir weiss then? How many games has whittaker played well this season? I'd say 1. How many times has Whittaker played well in midfield this season? Id say zero.

A shite player and a shite player in front of him doesn't make a good player Walter! That right side is fuckin barkin!

:drool:

So you would rather play a man down by using Weiss on the wing that won't tarck back and cover an even shiter player in Foster ?

I would rather play Weiss and have a go at a shite Sporting team, we need to win the game after all to qualify :rolleyes:

What is it going to take for Weir to get dropped? I don't understand why Bartley isn't partnering Bougherra at CB. We're going to be sitting far too deep to cover for Weir, probably not even a 100% Weir. :anguish:

so why the fuck play foster then? If he's even shitter why's he playing? Because smith knows they have little attacking threat and that they will both stay back in a negative horrible way.

To say playing with weiss would be like playing with a man down is absolute complete and utter bullshit. Weiss does the defensive side of the game better than ppl give him credit for! Just cos he tries to win us games means he can't start in a game we must score?

Great. So now we have Weir that is potentially unfit, and Edu playing again. Edu couldn't keep possession on Sunday. Let's hope he is better tonight.

And while I like Diouf, so far, I'm not sure about him in the long striker role. I don't know if he will be able to do much without regular support. Fleck over Weiss is bizarre.

I'm gearing up for a poor performance tonight. I hope this team can prove me wrong.

I would rather play Weiss and have a go at a shite Sporting team, we need to win the game after all to qualify :rolleyes:

Yes and no doubt yu and everyone else who clamours for te attacking approach would be the first on here congratulating smith for playing that way even though we got ripped a new one 3-0 :rolleyes: about as likely as me fucking Frankie from the Saturdays ...

Weiss has done NOTHING to justify a starting slot , he wastes lots of balls when a simple pass is on and doesnt track back , playing him here would be suicide , saying that if he doesnt get the last 20 minutes then something is seriously wrong as if Weir plays then the WHOLE midfield will be blowing out its arse after 50 minutes trying to cover the 70 yards between back line and front line

It was a cross by Weiss that got us the goal in the first leg !

Yes and no doubt yu and everyone else who clamours for te attacking approach would be the first on here congratulating smith for playing that way even though we got ripped a new one 3-0 :rolleyes: about as likely as me fucking Frankie from the Saturdays ...

I wouldn't be happy, but at least I would have known that we did everything possible.

Not this defensive shit.

People are thinking that Walter is using the bug as an excuse to drop Weir, don't make it out like a witch hunt against Walter.

Right, let's stay loyal to Davie Weir, not in a personal sense because that is without question. Let's stay loyal in a professional sense, let's watch him cost us goal after goal and result in us dropping points or being eliminated from competitions. He is not the sole reason but he is a major one.

Regardless of how much Walter, Weir or whoever have won for our club they are not above criticism.

Being ill or injured is not something anyone is wishing on Davie Weir, but being dropped from the starting 11 is what needs to happen.

The first sentence says a lot - do you really think Walter (or Weir) would lie about him being dropped?? I know accusations can fly about on RM and other place but I just cant buy into the Walter would lie to drop Weir - if he was going to drop him he might use the word rest - but a fake illness I just dont see it and thus its pretty disrespectful.

I also am not complaining IF Weir was dropped I am having a dig at those lauding at his illness and thus him being 'dropped'. Where I expect Loyalty is in NOT wishing an illness on a player so there is an 'excuse' to drop him. BTW have you ever noticed that for some posters that when Walter does well (like winning 6 -0 at Motherwell) it is because changes were 'enforced' on him.

fucking hell. We are playing sporting Lisbon who are fuckin garbage! They are shocking! Getting beat 3-0 off them just because weiss starts is absolutely ridiculous!

I wouldn't be happy, but at least I would have known that we did everything possible.

Not this defensive shit.

HOw do you know its defensive ? he might go 4-5-1 and go with fleck just beind Diouf , didnt seem so defensive against valencia et al and no one complained then ...

A bit of perspective is needed from some of our fans

fucking hell. We are playing sporting Lisbon who are fuckin garbage! They are shocking! Getting beat 3-0 off them just because weiss starts is absolutely ridiculous!

:lol: they have at least 5 or 6 players that would walk into our first team ffs :lol: you know the very same players you rip into for being shite :lol:

Then again, Loyalty should apply to Rangers, not the individual. I believe the line "no one person is bigger/more important than the club" comes out often?

Weir, sadly, is now what can be classed as a liability. I thought/hoped, given his apparent character, that he would have realised this, and, stood down, to allow someone more able to step up, but he hasnt.

Now, is it in Rangers best interests that Weir plays? Not in my opinion. I dont agree with celebrating his illness, but, the outcome/side effect of that, is a potentially stronger team on the pitch. Now, you of all people (given you tend to enjoy stating that you support Rangers for the football, and, have no interest in anything else), should be able to see that Weir not playing is a good thing, and, has absolutely ZERO to do with loyalty, unless people care more about individual players rather than the club ;)

Absolutely agree with you - no man as bigger than the club? Where I disgree with you is in your interprtation of this. (and about playing Weir)

My own opinion is that in Walter we have a great and proven manager, if he feels that Davie Weir is the correct man to play then I am happy to back his judgement. However a number of fans, in various forms, because of one or two bad results, seem to have lost faith in Smith, and thus his choices, and as yet we are still in the hunt on 4 major competitions. (.. and would Walter REALLY revert to asking Davie to fake food poisioning, as some suggest, to drop him - I doubt it, a lot!)

Looking specifically at Weir - even if I was to take over a manager tonight, I would look at Weir, his experience and leadership, I would look at my options (Bartley, Papac, ) and say who would I rather play - and IF FIT I would play Davie Weir would be my choice for making us stronger on the pitch. Have faith 'A team of 11 David Weirs!!' :lol: