Winning Carling Cup at Wembley beats anything I ever did at Rangers

PaulRFC1

he's just trying to book his pension woth BC and make sure the fans like him.

he's know he had it easy up here and he could have shat in the middle of the park and we wouldnt have batted an eyelid as long as we got the trophy at the end.

down there he has to prove himself to the BC faithful, and what better way than this.

Paper talk shite really

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Uefa Cup comparison is ridiculous

Barry Ferguson never seemed happy in his second spell at Rangers. The club was nothing like the one he'd left and tbh he should never have returned. He was Blackburn's best player and could've got a bigger move after another year or two.

He has also said in the past that the Birmingham dressing room has more spirit than any Rangers team he's played in.

Hardly surprising given that Barry himself was probably the main reason behind the cliques in our dressing room

It is a bigger achievement. For a shity team like brum to win anything is incredible.

We are expected to progress in Europe and dominate domestically. If we'd won UEFA then fair enough. 2nd is nothing and all that.

Ask him if he'd swap it for all his success at rangers and he'll tell you to get fucked.

Totally agree.

Talk about an over reaction.

Them winning a cup is a greater achievement than any League, League Cup, or Scottish Cup win he achieved with us.

He didn't say it was better (he may actually think that be he didn't say it).

And another thing, Barry only still looks decent because Birmingham PACK the midfield and all the others do his running.

Let's see them play a 4-4-2 and see how much you think you've still got it Barry?

Winning the cup with Birmingham probably is a bigger achievement than us reaching the UEFA Cup Final. I don't know why people are so outraged at him saying that.

Maybe the fact that:

Rochdale

MK Dons

Brentford (on Penalties)

Villa (near bottom when played)

West Ham (bottom 3)

is virtually a bye straight to the final ...............

Although I disagree with what he is saying

Birmingham havent won anything for nearly 50 years and to beat an Arsenal team ,who have just beaten Barca, infornt of 80,000 supporters at wembley is stunning

An Arsenal that haven't won a competition in what, 6 years?

Great achievement, but it certainly doesn't beat playing and captaining the club you grew up supporting, lifting league titles etc.

Maybe the fact that:

Rochdale

MK Dons

Brentford (on Penalties)

Villa (near bottom when played)

West Ham (bottom 3)

is virtually a bye straight to the final ...............

Wasn't really that great of achievement when you look at it that way.

Virtually a bye? No chance. This is Birmingham's first trophy in years. To say Bham winning the Carling Cup is a bigger achievement than Rangers reaching the UEFA Cup Final is a compliment to Rangers! It suggests that Rangers should be reaching such lofty heights, whereas Bham are reaching a level unknown to them.

I disagree strongly, I see it as a kick in the balls to the club who gave him everything - TWICE.

It is a greater achievement for Birmingham than anything he achieved at Rangers was for Rangers but to compare winning the Carling Cup with the UEFA Cup final, and winning trophies with your boyhood team in general is just daft.

He's talking shite. Not the end of the world. Lots of out ex players talk shite. Remember the good times.

More fake outrage garbage. If Barry Ferguson feels like it is a bigger achievement than anything he did at Rangers then that is up to him.

I will continue to enjoy our successes that have been achieved with and without Barry Ferguson.

It honestly seems like people just look for stuff to be pissed off about, why not just concentrate on our present team instead of what someone else has to say about winning something with another club?

How so?

Because we shelled out over £5M because he was 'home sick' only for him to not hit the heights he previously gave us (probably paying him way more into the bargain).

Then for him to part sack PLG (ok results done that) but we soon realised the clique control he had over the club, added to that the complete arse of himself with the national team, yet again we stick by him and let him lift the trophy at the end of the season along with Weir.

The league wins on the last day of the season.

The eufa cup final.

All with your boyhood heroes.

And then to come out and pretty much diss what he achieved with us for a mickey mouse cup run beating one decent team on the way (the final) is complete and utter uncalled for.

An ex player fine. An ex captain possibly fine aswell. However a so called boyhood Rangers die hard? Unacceptable.

An Arsenal that haven't won a competition in what, 6 years?

Great achievement, but it certainly doesn't beat playing and captaining the club you grew up supporting, lifting league titles etc.

Thats why I disagree with him :sherlock:

I have always stuck up for him on here but I didn't like that at all.

A boot in the balls is what that is.

To say the Carling Cup beats everything he done at Rangers is ridiculous.

Well here's another one.

Now go and join him on a Birmingham city forum, your time here is over!!!!!!!

:uk:

If he's talking about a team achievement, then I still think that our UEFA Run was better, but I could understand.

However, if he's talking on a personal level, then.......I really wouldn't know what to say.

if we won and he still said it i would take issue.

of if he lost and sill said it.