Winning Carling Cup at Wembley beats anything I ever did at Rangers

PaulRFC1

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that big a deal tbh. Barry was never the sharpest knife in the drawer. Lots of emotion at the moment winning that diddy cup. If he feels that is greater than anything (and that's a helluva lot) that he achieved at Rangers, so what.

Barry is long gone. Cracking player in his day though. (tu)

getting completely carried away with himself. For an ex Rangers captain to say something like this is very disrespectful not only to Rangers but the thousands of fans who paid his wages. As has been said he didn't have to mention anything about Rangers at all. All he had to say was it was one of the proudest moments in his career. I have always been a big Ferguson fan but he has let me down with this comment. He has also let himself down by saying it as its more or less saying winning things with Rangers is nothing special as its expected. We have all had to put up with years of disrespectful comments from English media and fans about our league and this has just played right into their hands. Saying Wembley is the home of football is also a shit thing to say coming from a Scottish player.

First you have to admit that winning a clubs first ever trophy must be quite somethig ... especially if to do it you beat a team like Arsenal in a stadium like the new Wembley.

To say it tops reaching a European final though is ridiculous and perhaps shows he is bitter about being shown the door at Ibrox :rolleyes:

Maybe the fact that:

Rochdale - Who?

MK Dons - Who again?

Brentford (on Penalties) - Who (with extra time and penalties)?

Villa (near bottom when played) - They've been shit for several seasons.

West Ham (bottom 3) - Says it all.

is virtually a bye straight to the final ...............

This was no virtual bye - this was a real life bye.

Ferguson talking pish.......again.

Birmingham winning the Carling Cup at Wembley is a great achievement.

But to say it beats the Uefa Cup run is nonsense. This was Barry leading his boyhood heroes to a European Final, with 200 thousand of his fellow bears following the team down, theres only 1 winner.

He contradicts himself aswell. He said that Uefa Cup wasnt the same as the Champions League. In that case, surely the Carling Cup isnt the same as the FA Cup ?

I have always stuck up for him on here but I didn't like that at all.

A boot in the balls is what that is.

To say the Carling Cup beats everything he done at Rangers is ridiculous.

(tu) i agree

its a no brainer for me uefa cup final hands down if i was him. silly man.

It's a messageboard. What should we be doing?

People just seem to be getting pretty upset about it, when I don't really the big deal.

The good and the bad of Barry Ferguson is behind us, some comments he's made a couple of days after winning a cup with Birmingham don't really bother me. It doesn't really change how his time with us was, and there some great highs and terrible lows.

hes always had that dirty air of a tim about him and after speaking such pish is now dead to me...surely playing a single game for Rangers is a bigger achievment then winning the milk cup