Winning Carling Cup at Wembley beats anything I ever did at Rangers

PaulRFC1

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The English just love Scots saying shit like this and they dance to their tune every time . As for Ferguson , he has a major chip on his shoulder and just loves rubbing salt into old wounds . Over rated prima donna if ever there was one ...........fuck him

People just seem to be getting pretty upset about it, when I don't really the big deal.

The good and the bad of Barry Ferguson is behind us, some comments he's made a couple of days after winning a cup with Birmingham don't really bother me. It doesn't really change how his time with us was, and there some great highs and terrible lows.

Fair play, bud. (tu)

If they had asked him what was his greatest ever feeling/proudest moment in football or favourite trophy won and he said the Carling Cup I'd be raging.

Achievement wise I think he's right.

We are Rangers and we're all talking about reaching Dublin and the UEFA Cup final already,and rightly so.

Rangers are about winning trophies and our season is a fuck up if we don't win anything.

Birmingham are a pishy wee team who will be decent,get relegated,get promoted,have a decent season, bla bla.

Them winning a trophy is as rare as virgin sheep in Aberdeen.

this is a man who also said he was stupid to come back Rangers after he left blackburn...obv he would have rather ended up at a championship club instead of uefa cup finals and the like? he was an average player when we sold him and he is an average player now, playing in a mid table premiership team who won a cup no one in england (or any one else) really gives a shit about!

If they had asked him what was his greatest ever feeling/proudest moment in football or favourite trophy won and he said the Carling Cup I'd be raging.

Achievement wise I think he's right.

That's a good point Joe.

That's a good point Joe.

I read it a few times before posting mate and I believe he is as Kev said giving us a compliment.

My first read I was raging too.

I'm more concerned with Boab saying Barry marrying a taig and sending his weans to a tim school was disgusting.

I didn't think Boab was a bigot.

I read it a few times before posting mate and I believe he is as Kev said giving us a compliment.

My first read I was raging too.

I'm more concerned with Boab saying Barry marrying a taig and sending his weans to a tim school was disgusting.

I didn't think Boab was a bigot.

Whoda thunk it, Bigot Boab!

He was probably pished

Carling cup in england is the one that the decent teams play weakened sides and hope they get knocked out before the semis, then the teams start trying a bit

beating arsenal in the final was great for them but getting to the final was far from fairytale stuff

I can see why some are mad at him but I don't have a problem with it, personally.

He's got a new fan base to please. He can't rubbish their achievement (which was incredible) because he won stuff with Rangers (none of which are on the same scale because everything he won up here was expected).

The Uefa Cup run was fantastic but it was a defeat. I'm sure when he's an old man he'll look back on his CC run with Birmingham with much happier memories.

He never said it was 'better'. He said it was a bigger achievement which it undoubtedly is because of the size difference between the two clubs and the expectations at both.

Barry Ferguson - Rangers legend. :praise:

Winning the Carling Cup is more of an achievement than leading his boyhood heroes to a treble?

Nonsense!!!

If he is genuinely being serious then he can fuck off. If he's not being serious he can also fuck off for suggesting it.

Why did he have to compare it to anything, why not just say it was a great achievement rather than mention other finals he has played in, I wont lose any sleep over it he was a fantastic player for the club and I'll always have a fondness for him, my son even has his name on a brick on his panel at the brox but he aint a Rangers player anymore.

Personally I have seen Big Eck asked this question,about what would be the best since Thursday,I felt every time, he was conscious of what the journalists were hoping he would say and he give quite thoughtful,intelligent answers each time. Of course if the journalists wanted him to say that Sundays was the biggest win,that's what they would get. As for Barry Ferguson once the delight of what he achieved on Sunday faded I would be absolutely shocked if in a years time he said,Sunday was his greatest victory,expect more of this until the Birmingham squad stops drinking at 10.20pm tomorrow night,then after this it will be our present team who start giving the victory speeches(sober)