Players off form - too many

nvager

Hard to remember a time when so many players were off form at the one time or mauybe simply just not good enough.

Today the team struggled mightily in the second half.

McGregor - ok

Foster - struggling

Bougherra - struggling a bit/ok

Weir - struggling

Bartley - -ok

Whittaker - struggling as out of position

Fleck- anonymous

Edu - struggling big time

Davis - struggling big time by his standards

Healy - struggling - needs more game time

Diouf - struggling

That leaves only 2 players that were ok. That's not good enough. It is/will be hard to win with at least 8 players off form.

Hard to remember a time when so many players were off form at the one time or mauybe simply just not good enough.

McGregor - ok

Foster - struggling

Weir - struggling

Bartley - -ok

Fleck- anonymous

Diouf - struggling

That leaves only 2 players that were ok. That's not good enough. It is/will be hard to win with at least 8 players off form.

Is "Struggling" another word for 'PISH', mate?

Thank fuck it was only St Mirren we were playing or the league title would have been a fast fading memory.

And what the fuck is it with McCoist and Walter standing there with their arms folded having a wee chat when we are camped inside our 18 yard box?

Jesus fucking Christ! McCoist should be roaring at them.doh

Fuck it! I'm off tae bed.

Thank fuck it was only St Mirren we were playing or the league title would have been a fast fading memory.

And what the fuck is it with McCoist and Walter standing there with their arms folded having a wee chat when we are camped inside our 18 yard box?

Sleep well Oz you deserve it for staying up to watch that although I'm surprised you didn't nod off during it although I think a few players did.

Just being polite! Yes struggling = pish :lol:

Edu too. Foster was not good either. Healy was ineffective.

Poor showing.

I thought Edu was one of our better players and Foster did OK defensively but his distribution was woeful.

Healy was ineffective because we created one chance but he held the ball up well.

Edu is not off form, he is just shite.

The boy’s confidence is at an all time low, he was a solid player for us in the past two seasons. It’s your opinion but the criticism the guy gets isn’t going to help his form or help us win the league. Until he is sold he is a bear at the end of the day.

McGregor - ok

Foster - struggling

Weir - struggling

Bartley - -ok

Fleck- anonymous

Diouf - struggling

Fair asesement and why I would say it was 'off form' rather than pish (whith the exception of Edu) we know they can all play better that they are doing/did today. Edu is looking like a lost cause to me (and I am usually on of the last to give up on a player). I just wish Edu would win at least one 50 -50 tackle.

I didn't see the game today but BBC Sport said Davis was the best thing about it today, any truth in that? Hope the wee man put in a good shift

He was, IMO, our best player.

Still not playing the way he can though.

Solid player for 2 seasons, he was out injured for ages!

He is rotten mate, he skips about midfield absolutely lost, poor in the tackle, terrible at passing, positioning is awful..

Forgot his awful first touch.

I will travel over to Eindhoven on Thursday praying he wont be in the team but know my heart will sink when he is in the starting 11.

I will back him from start of a game to the finish like I do every rangers player, however it won't change that I think he is a terrible footballer.

Solid player for 2 seasons, he was out injured for ages!

He is rotten mate, he skips about midfield absolutely lost, poor in the tackle, terrible at passing, positioning is awful..

Forgot his awful first touch.

I will travel over to Eindhoven on Thursday praying he wont be in the team but know my heart will sink when he is in the starting 11.

I will back him from start of a game to the finish like I do every rangers player, however it won't change that I think he is a terrible footballer.

He has looked lost in middle of the park but I think it's more to do with him hiding not wanting the ball due to lack of confidence.

In the past two seasons he didn't play alot of games but when he did he looked decent he was mobile, solid in the tackle & scored the odd goal.

Ever since his injury he has looked like he's scared to commit to a tackle.

Anyway am sure you will support the lad's in Holland have a good time buddy.

Did Wylde make an appearance today, and if so then how effective was he and any other subs?

He came on and played up front.

Looked lively and did more in his 15-20 minutes than Fleck did while he was on.

The issue with Edu is that he has a poor first touch and he often gives the ball away - today was no different. Diouf dropped too deep in the first half, but started to push up and win a few headers in the second half.

The real problem is that we lack pace. When Walter plays the defend and hit them on the break, we need pace up front to do this. Diouf doesn't have it, nor does Healey.

It may feel like we should complain, but we are missing big players for us at the moment and we are still in a strong place in the league. Our second string (which was effectively what was on the park today) can win at St Mirren, but will struggle against better teams.

For those who criticise Walter Smith, sorry guys, but when did you suddenly become more knowledgeable the him? He knkows the players, what they can do what they cant. He also knows how they are doing in training etc, none of us do. So let's get behind Walter and give him some support for his last hurrah.

And yes, it bothers me that we have some players on the pitch who are not really up to the standard we are used to, but if they have a blue shirt on, I support them. I just wish they would pass the ball better!

We were rank rotten today. The only things worthy of mention being a well taken goal and the three points we gathered.

We were flat, devoid of creativity with a worrying lack of urgency on display throughout.

Not the response I expected tbh. Wasn't only the players who were awful, the support was flat as well.

We didn't have a striker on the park for the final 24 minutes, five at the back and pack the midfield, against St. Mirren :(

Our performances worry me - I have never see a team play so consistently poor. The lack of basics at times :anguish: