• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh aye! I stay up half the night to listen to some cunt cough! doh

They can fu cough for mine...I've aff tae ma scratcher. :mad:

Funniest thing I've read all day :lol:

Cheers

You'll no' miss much. We'll be blamed for all that is wrong in the world.

And it will probably be to tell us :-

A new "Anti-Sectarian" initiative will be launched involving both clubs

Both Chairmen will issue statements acknowleding their respective responsibilities in such matches.

The Police will demand and probably get major changes to when Old Firm matches are played

Rangers will apologise for anything asked of them.

The Justice Secretary will announce new and sweeping powers to arrest more Protestants for Sectarian Crimes.

Alcohol laws and the sale of alcohol prior to and after games will be "looked in to"

In short fuck all of any note will happen except the predictable soundbites and the finger of blame pointed squarely at Rangers FC and Diouf in particular without actually naming him.

Funniest thing I've read all day :lol:

Cheers

You'll no' miss much. We'll be blamed for all that is wrong in the world.

Aye! well it's now 3.00am here and 4.00pm your time, so they've probably no finished their taxpayer funded lunch yet, so as far as I'm concerned, the ref has blown the final whistle. :redcard:

My link

This is what they're going to be announcing

Anti-sectarianism funding after Old Firm summit

A £500,000 funding package to tackle sectarianism in Scotland has been announced following a summit into Old Firm-related disorder.

It will be shared between organisations Sense over Sectarianism, Nil by Mouth and Show Racism the Red Card.

Police requested the summit after describing scenes at last weeks Celtic versus Rangers game as "shameful".

The game saw three red cards, several touch-line and tunnel confrontations and 34 arrests inside Celtic Park.

Representatives from both clubs, the Scottish Football Association (SFA) and Strathclyde Police attended the meeting in Edinburgh on Tuesday.

Strathclyde Police confirmed on Thursday that it had asked for the summit following the previous night's match, which Celtic won 1-0.

A statement from the force said: "There can be no doubt that the levels of drunken violence that have blighted our communities and the number of people who have been arrested due to their sectarian behaviour is simply unacceptable.

Later, during First Minister's Questions at Holyrood, Mr Salmond had said "the disgraceful scenes last night cannot be ignored".

He described the Strathclyde Police initiative as "a welcome one" and said both clubs and the SFA had agreed to attend.

Ahead of the summit, a spokesman for the first minister said: "Everyone approaches the meeting with the greatest of goodwill - and a joint determination to ensure that the league cup final in less than two weeks' time is remembered for all the right reasons, for the quality of the football on the pitch."

Scottish Conservative leader Annabel Goldie added: "When events on the pitch have such a devastating impact off the pitch, it is right that politicians unite to bring all the parties involved to the table to forge a way ahead."

Scottish Labour leader Iain Gray said wider cultural problems also needed to be addressed.

Tavish Scott, the Scottish Liberal Democrat leader, said the SFA should be given the power to ban or delay the broadcast of Old Firm games.

EDIT: Needless to say if they're going to try putting this all down to sectarianism, then there's only one club who will be blamed.

And it won't be Cel*ic.